📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player
Supports: Liverpool
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by JohnCB2013 » 3 years ago

Hi! to all,

Quick question, can anyone explain in simple terms :-) what exactly does the optional Live Update do? just updates the last starting 11 for each team, is that all?

Basically I want to know if it really matters if you "DON'T" download it? You don't have to download to be able to play My Club for example, do you?

I've been enjoying PES 2017 for the most part, however I'm not at all impressed with how this feature works, it's a royal pain in the a**e when it deletes so much you've added to the game and you have to add it all back again, really don't want to have to do this every week, it's ridiculous IMO.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 3 years ago

Basically it will download automatically, however all you have to do is not apply it in the option under the "extra" tab, think its in the middle of that screen. As long as you don't do that it won't change any transfers or edits that you have made or that your option file has done. If you don't apply it to edit data then all it does is update players ratings and stuff in the online modes and exhibition modes which you can disable by pressing R3 in the team select mode, then head back out to side select and back in to team select.

If you leave live update on and play in exhibition, any changes you have made, eg/ Bundesliga option file, will be reset to their original squads and leagues I believe. But once you click R3 to disable it then go back to side select and back in, it reloads your edit data file :) Or at least that is how it seems to work for me. So yeah download it for online (edit files/custom teams make no difference there) just don't apply it to your edit mode if you don't want to :)
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Marshall2000_uk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Marshall2000_uk » 3 years ago

Been loving PES over the last couple of days. It was like someone flicked a switch and it's all clicking now. I'm only playing on Professional but still finding scoring difficult. I did find taking gengenpress off in advanced tactics helped open more space as I was just winning the ball back too quickly and then the opposition were still jam packed in their own half.

I've actually played more games than scored goals but managed to top the Brasilian League at last. Hoping to stay their and win it. I don't think I could play it on Top Player just yet but I might start with the Master League defaults after doing another couple of seasons and put it up and see how long it takes me to get promoted.

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by JohnCB2013 » 3 years ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote: Basically it will download automatically, however all you have to do is not apply it in the option under the "extra" tab, think its in the middle of that screen. As long as you don't do that it won't change any transfers or edits that you have made or that your option file has done. If you don't apply it to edit data then all it does is update players ratings and stuff in the online modes and exhibition modes which you can disable by pressing R3 in the team select mode, then head back out to side select and back in to team select.

If you leave live update on and play in exhibition, any changes you have made, eg/ Bundesliga option file, will be reset to their original squads and leagues I believe. But once you click R3 to disable it then go back to side select and back in, it reloads your edit data file :) Or at least that is how it seems to work for me. So yeah download it for online (edit files/custom teams make no difference there) just don't apply it to your edit mode if you don't want to :)
Really appreciate the feedback/help, thanks! for that mate. (y)

To be honest right now I'm not sure what I'll do with these weekly updates, obviously in an ideal world I'd like to take advantage of them and have everything bang up to date, but, in truth I'm having a real nightmare with all this editing because as soon as you apply the Live update it seems to mess so much up, can't believe it deletes so many manager pictures and even puts things in the wrong place, for example I had the Southampton manager at Everton after the update name, photo & everything, so frustrating having to go through everything you've edited to look for mistakes, it's only my personal opinion but really not at all happy with this feature, just does not look as though Konami have put any real thought into it whatsoever :(

Just wanted to add, have been loving the gameplay and have enjoyed building my team on My Club and playing ML, I really do like this year's game, but, this editing/update thing has taken the shine off a little, which is a real shame.
Last edited by JohnCB2013 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 3 years ago

JohnCB2013 wrote:
ukexplicit1984 wrote: Basically it will download automatically, however all you have to do is not apply it in the option under the "extra" tab, think its in the middle of that screen. As long as you don't do that it won't change any transfers or edits that you have made or that your option file has done. If you don't apply it to edit data then all it does is update players ratings and stuff in the online modes and exhibition modes which you can disable by pressing R3 in the team select mode, then head back out to side select and back in to team select.

Really appreciate the feedback/help, thanks! for that mate. (y)

To be honest right now I'm not sure what I'll do with these weekly updates, obviously in an ideal world I'd like to take advantage of them and have everything bang up to date, but, in truth I'm having a real nightmare with all this editing because as soon as you apply the Live update it seems to mess so much up, can't believe it deletes so many manager pictures and even puts things in the wrong place, for example I had the Southampton manager at Everton after the update name, photo & everything, so frustrating having to go through everything you've edited to look for mistakes, it's only my personal opinion but really not at all happy with this feature, just does not look as though Konami have put any real thought into it whatsoever :(

Just wanted to add, have been loving the gameplay and have enjoyed building my team on My Club and playing ML, I really do like this year's game, but, this editing/update thing has taken the shine off a little, which is a real shame.

No problem :) Thats how I understand it all anyways. The Live updates are really good but I feel like once you have the option file set up you don't really need them offline as it if you play against friends everyone setups their teams differently beforehand anyway! Hopefully Konami can find a way to stop this happening, ideally they should not change any players who aren't at real club teams, where is the need to move fake players or those in international teams? Personally I am not going to use live update besides online and probably again after the January transfer window. I may reinstall my option files anyways as I did mine in bits last time, now might be a good time to uninstall all my edits and just utilize a more complete version as I am yet to sort out Serie B and La Liga 2.
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Nades
Professional
Professional

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

Why do stadiums settings revert to default when you start a ML? Spent ages change nets and all the settings.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

tommobfc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by tommobfc » 3 years ago

Nades wrote:Why do stadiums settings revert to default when you start a ML? Spent ages change nets and all the settings.
Standard Konami. They have built these options into edit mode and exhibition mode and then forgot to build it into the ML code. These sort of inconvenient, annoying oversights crop up year on year.
Bury FC

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 3 years ago

I've managed to drag my Valencia team from relegation favourites to competing for the last Europa league spot. The disproportionate amount of goals in the user controlled matches bugged me last year but I really can't see me scoring 3 goals on a regular basis any time soon.

I'm still struggling to create anything unless the other team pushes up, but I think my change in form is down to my team spirit finally getting into the 80's. I wish it was a bit clearer exactly what this has an affect on, but I do feel like my players aren't muscled off the ball as much. Also when I pass now, the receiver seems less inclined to suddenly run and stand on the wrong side of the defender.

I might be starting a "Please help me score a free kick" thread sometime soon. I was useless last year but it wasn't a problem as the CPU never fouled. I can bend it round the wall easy enough, but how you hit it over the wall is beyond me. About three quarters of shots clip the wall and the rest sail over the bar...and this is after spending 30 minutes in training trying every combination of loft, power and distance I could.

evs4evs
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by evs4evs » 3 years ago

hey guys, first post here.

can I get you guys to sing this petition pls?

https://www.change.org/p/konami-konami- ... m=copylink

I know its a long shot to expect something to happen but no harm in trying.

thanks

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

evs4evs wrote: can I get you guys to sing this petition pls?
Have approved your post but you may want to re-check your link.
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

itstroff wrote:
I might be starting a "Please help me score a free kick" thread sometime soon.
I only just scored my first freekick a couple of nights ago. That's including playing the demo too. It was with my created Henry from about 30yards. It was a beaut, but the keeper did glitch a bit so I didn't bother save it or anything.

I've avoided watching tutorials because I'd probably be disappointed if I was scoring loads. I am getting better though.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Shales wrote: I've avoided watching tutorials
To be honest they're just control guides from the ones I've seen. Yet to see anything to cover the R2 'lock' button that doesn't appear to do anything as far as I can tell.

25 yards used to be my marker. Anything under than that you had to hit under half power, holding back and maybe R2 if it was very close in. Over 25 yards and you hold up with more than half power and triangle too if you're miles out.

Either I've missed something along he way or the sweet spot between hitting the wall or hitting it over is minute.

evs4evs
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by evs4evs » 3 years ago

Mike wrote:
evs4evs wrote: can I get you guys to sing this petition pls?
Have approved your post but you may want to re-check your link.
thank you for the approval.

not sure what the issue is with the link but here you go, posting it again.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

evs4evs wrote: the link but here you go, posting it again.

I've signed it
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Nice little addition to ML, you can filter the offers you get on players. Snub all, all offers and offers over market price