📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

User avatar
Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2012
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool
Location: Glasgow

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Walker2o » 3 years ago

I've been playing top player on manual but for fear of the sack I put level 1 assistance on. Still lost. Had to force myself to go to bed.

I'm double check the amount of extra teams tonight.

The commentary is fairly decent, talk about tactics and players not playing well and stuff. Crowds are much better. Some of the Italian teams I've played have kicked me off the park, loving it. Yet to get a penalty though..

You'll enjoy this game very very much. Pretty easy to sell players and one of them even had a bid in for him when I started the ML. Player values seem close, I got sterling for 15 million but. Gotze would have cost me 30. Kagawa for 16 and casemiro for 9. Mustafi would have been 27million.

And you can offer players to trade when negotiating. Both incoming and outgoing offers.


PSN: Walker2k7

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

cartman84 wrote:
I can't really argue with that from my free agents
Wow! You've nearly "won" myclub already (y)

Added in 2 minutes 41 seconds:
Walker2o wrote: I've been playing top player on manual but for fear of the sack I put level 1 assistance on. Still lost. Had to force myself to go to bed.

I'm double check the amount of extra teams tonight.

The commentary is fairly decent, talk about tactics and players not playing well and stuff. Crowds are much better. Some of the Italian teams I've played have kicked me off the park, loving it. Yet to get a penalty though..

You'll enjoy this game very very much. Pretty easy to sell players and one of them even had a bid in for him when I started the ML. Player values seem close, I got sterling for 15 million but. Gotze would have cost me 30. Kagawa for 16 and casemiro for 9. Mustafi would have been 27million.

And you can offer players to trade when negotiating. Both incoming and outgoing offers.
All sounds fantastic! Was initially thinking Sterling was too cheap but then I remembered he's been downgraded a lot this year :great:
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 3 years ago

Reviews are flooding in and they are all pretty damn amazing!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

User avatar
Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2012
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool
Location: Glasgow

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Walker2o » 3 years ago

I wanted to buy Berardi as AC have no wingers at all and an ageing squad, OVRs dropping like crazy on players I'm not using, but was quoted £30 million.

Sterling and Berardi are both 82 rated 22 year old wingers, but apparently Sterling can't finish as I've found to my detriment. Also Berardi had Level 3 squad roles, Sterling was level 1. I should've read the stats properly. All in all it is looking good for this years PES. One of my mates phoned and asked how good PES was as he's been waiting for years for it to overtake FIFA again.. I wonder how many more people are like that?

The option files and update coming on Thurday... Master League begins on Friday!
Last edited by Walker2o on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: Walker2k7

User avatar
itstroff
Regular
Regular
Posts: 452
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by itstroff » 3 years ago

Shales wrote: Adam confirmed a couple of times last night that the game is the same as the demo
Does make me smile when this happens every year. Plenty of paragraphs and arguments about build percentages and gameplay changes from the demo to final release. Then we find out it's all just in people's heads.
Walker2o wrote: Time for some games before the football!
Shouldn't take the mick but how long before you wished you just carried on with Pro Evo?

User avatar
Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2012
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool
Location: Glasgow

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Walker2o » 3 years ago

itstroff wrote:
Shales wrote: Adam confirmed a couple of times last night that the game is the same as the demo
Does make me smile when this happens every year. Plenty of paragraphs and arguments about build percentages and gameplay changes from the demo to final release. Then we find out it's all just in people's heads.
Walker2o wrote: Time for some games before the football!
Shouldn't take the mick but how long before you wished you just carried on with Pro Evo?
By the time half time came the football was demoted to the laptop and PES was back on the screen :lol: Being realistic, with the team we have the now, we're there for the banter and a paycheck.. We will get enough money from this years CL that it would take 10 years of winning the SPFL to match. Ever since the SFA fluffed it and chose a £120 million tv deal with Setanta instead of the £100 million deal with Sky, and Setanta went bust, our TV deal is worth 4 million a year with Sky and BT. We haven't been able to compete financially since 2005 and it's now showing its head. The gaps only going to get bigger tbh. :P

To put last night into perspective;

Barcelona 8 Deportivo 0

Barcelona 6 Sporting Gijon 0

Barcelona 6 Getafe 0

Barcelona 5 Celta Vigo 0

Barcelona 8 Valencia 0

Barcelona 6 Atletico Bilbao

Barcelona 6 Roma 1

I think we can safely say that Barca are on another planet from the rest of us :lol: I might go them in ML just to make myself feel better.

Anyways back to PES; Have you guys had any luck with the postman today?
Last edited by Walker2o on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: Walker2k7

User avatar
Nades
Professional
Professional
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012
Supports: Liverpool
Location: England | United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

Glad to see you can trade players :D. Not sure if I'll play ML on manual now, I'll be getting smashed every game haha.

Added in 1 minute 5 seconds:
Also they confirmed PES 17 will get an update for the PS4 Pro! So it will be looking amazing on that.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

User avatar
Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2012
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool
Location: Glasgow

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Walker2o » 3 years ago

I don't want to talk playing on manual down :P I found that changing my tactics and what not helped. Going to do a proper run through of which players can play certain styles and build from there. You have a team spirit rating and tinkering too much affects it as well as bringing in new player and stuff. A lot of things to think about. It's awesome.
PSN: Walker2k7

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Walker2o wrote: I don't want to talk playing on manual down :P I found that changing my tactics and what not helped. Going to do a proper run through of which players can play certain styles and build from there. You have a team spirit rating and tinkering too much affects it as well as bringing in new player and stuff. A lot of things to think about. It's awesome.
Sounds like ML is heading towards nailing the right depth for me. Each to their own of course, but I don't want this mode to get too deep. Especially as I want to play each game and not SIM any results.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
Nades
Professional
Professional
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012
Supports: Liverpool
Location: England | United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

Will the legends have player ID?
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

User avatar
Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2012
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool
Location: Glasgow

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Walker2o » 3 years ago

Shales wrote:
Walker2o wrote: I don't want to talk playing on manual down :P I found that changing my tactics and what not helped. Going to do a proper run through of which players can play certain styles and build from there. You have a team spirit rating and tinkering too much affects it as well as bringing in new player and stuff. A lot of things to think about. It's awesome.
Sounds like ML is heading towards nailing the right depth for me. Each to their own of course, but I don't want this mode to get too deep. Especially as I want to play each game and not SIM any results.
There is a good balance, maybe because I'm playing in Italy the teams like to play long ball counter attacking football. I like to play high pressure passing play. I was getting caught on the break quite a bit, so changed to more defensive counter attacking play and that dropped my team spirit by around 4 points... Went into a game in the EL against Nice (2 fake teams in my group) and lost 1 - 2. Team didn't play well. Think a few games in a new system and it should be looking good, it is tough though. Top player feels more difficult than it did in the demo, or my team spirit isn't high enough yet.
PSN: Walker2k7

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Walker2o wrote: Top player feels more difficult than it did in the demo, or my team spirit isn't high enough yet.
Probably both! Game modes are always tougher than exhibition games.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2012
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool
Location: Glasgow

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Walker2o » 3 years ago

Shales wrote:
Walker2o wrote: Top player feels more difficult than it did in the demo, or my team spirit isn't high enough yet.
Probably both! Game modes are always tougher than exhibition games.
I'm in the relegation zone after 3 league games. 0 wins 1 draw and only 1 goal scored. Juve beat me 1-0 in the Supercup at the start of the season. Starting to see a good partnership with Kagawa and Bacca forming. I've got a feeling the Master League forum is going to be extremely busy :lol:
PSN: Walker2k7

User avatar
Shales
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1775
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2012
Supports: Arsenal
Location: Salisbury, Wilts

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Walker2o wrote: I've got a feeling the Master League forum is going to be extremely busy

Yep :-D

I'd even like to attempt a communal ML game. Ambitious, yes. But via shareplay it could be good fun to play CO-OP. That's if there is interest. Obviously only limited to 1 person at a time but would be fun to "vote" on transfer targets etc. Probably getting carried away but that's what I do, haha.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

User avatar
Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2012
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool
Location: Glasgow

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by Walker2o » 3 years ago

Shales wrote:
Walker2o wrote: I've got a feeling the Master League forum is going to be extremely busy

Yep :-D

I'd even like to attempt a communal ML game. Ambitious, yes. But via shareplay it could be good fun to play CO-OP. That's if there is interest. Obviously only limited to 1 person at a time but would be fun to "vote" on transfer targets etc. Probably getting carried away but that's what I do, haha.
Yeno, I've been waiting for a league mode where we can all take a team and do something similar. I've not thought of doing it via shareplay though! I would be up for it yes but the amount of time I can find to play the PS4 is limited, I'm getting lucky this week as it's just out but I'll be getting moaned at soon enough :lol:
PSN: Walker2k7

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests