📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2017 Q&A: Submit Your Questions

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

Image Image
On Thursday 2nd June, I will be attending a special community event at Konami UK's offices in Windsor.

As well as getting an early hands-on with PES 2017, I will also have the opportunity to sit down and chat with Adam Bhatti (Global Product and Brand Manager), plus other members of the PES team.

With this in mind, I am asking all fans, followers, forum members, and everyone else connected with the site to send me their questions that I'll put forward in the Q&A.

As some of you may recall, similar events have worked really well in the past (Manorito Hosoda, PES 2014), and I hope this year will prove to be just as successful.

Although I won't be allowed to capture any footage/photos from the event, I've been told I will be allowed to discuss goalkeepers, graphics, menus, nets, player faces, referees and anything else gameplay-related.

So, of course, if you have any questions regarding PES 2017 gameplay, please feel free to send them in as well.

I'm not sure how much time I'll be given, and I'm sure I won't be able to get answers for every question, but I'll try to get through as many as possible.

To submit your question/s, just login/register and post your questions below.

Thanks for reading. Roll on Thursday!

✅ 🐦 💟

PES Russia
Beginner
Beginner

Post by PES Russia » 3 years ago

Has it been fixed?
ANIMATIONS
Sharp transitions between animations (players regroup too quickly). Some animations look unfinished.

Jumps of the GK look constrained.

GK
Slow reflexes of goalkeepers.

AI
AI acts very confident and almost with no mistakes. AI demonstrates unrealistic good vision of the field, and instantly makes decisions (most of them are correct). Most of passes AI go directly to the players legs (few passes go to the area).

Small amount of minor fouls.

Monotonous and predictable offensive play of COM (players don't try shoot in the near corner, don't try to dribble, don't try to shoot under the crossbar).

AI rarely intentionally foul

THE MECHANICS OF THE GAME
High pace of the game.

Maximum speed of the ball after shot and passes is too fast.

The ball is bounded to the leading leg of the player (the physics of the ball and its movement depended on the players current animation). You can feel the ball glued (as if magnetized) to the leading foot when dribbling (it's impossible to lose the ball without impacts).

It's too easy for players to take the ball under control after strong pass. The ball behaves very predictably; it bounces at a convenient distance. The ball is automatically bound to the leading leg of the player after receiving the ball. The ball and the player move as one.

Players easily take the ball under control (especially after strong passes). Players easily adjust to the ball (including if the ball is in the air).

The ball is unbelievably fast and smooth after low crosses, passes (passing has an unrealistically low trajectory (the ball never leaves the ground) and it's unrealistically fast and accurate). In the current parts of the series it's rolling as in footsal or billiards.

Unrealistic (fantastic) coordination of players. Players sometimes are unrealistically agile, without losing balance.They manage to keep the balance in difficult situations (the way players sprint at full speed and yet they are able to perform a full stop in half a second without losing balance).

Low influence of stamina on the actions of the players (countless of accelerations at maximum speed, players don't require time to recover after a long run at high speed). Players can accelerate on maximum speed forever! This is not normal! Need to make PES players to distribute footballers fatigue smarter and implement RPG elements!

Dribbling are very precise (no dispersion).

High efficiency of tackles.

The animation of shot or pass goes not simultaneously with the filling of the power-bar, but after filling. The power bar fills up too quickly. For example free kicks – the power bar is filling first, and then the player starts running.

Sometimes animations of pass/shot does not match with the speed of pass/shot.
The use of RT\R2 (and not pressing RB\R1) turns almost any player in talented futsal player. The ball is magnetized to the leading leg of the players.

SCRIPTS
High effectiveness of dribbling and shooting using R2.

Inability to hit the ball into a striker when throwing the ball by GK.

After the transition between episodes players teleport to their default positions instead of staying at the same place. This leads to the loss of pace of the attack!

Defenders create free zones and don't properly mark strikers. KONAMI can make the defenders more aware and get rid of some hideous scripts (like when they delay the defender for a fraction just so the attacker gain advantage when a through ball is passed) and make the star player less "godlike" (I hate when Ronaldo can hit almost every shoot with incredible power and accuracy for 90 minutes)?

The animation and ball trajectory for the R2 shot is still horrible.

CONTROLS
The need to use super cancel, as soon as you have the marker over your player is should be in control of him, not the AI continuing to run him along a rail

Low & lofted through ball – OP. Cross - OP. R2 finesse shot - OP. Sliding tackle - OP.

GRAPHICS
Dull lawn (turf/pitch looks much better, but still is not GREEN enough).

BROADCAST
No replays of side episodes, there are only key episodes on the replay (such episodes as dramatic dribble, hitting the post and a number of other situations are not shown).

Freeze-frame in the transitions between scenes.

REFEREES
The adequacy of refereeing (the referee doesn’t assess the degree of violation of the rules: instead of yellow card – nothing, instead of red card – yellow)
GAME PLAN MENU
3 formation/tactics save slots.

Has it been improved?
Ball physics (in particular, its independence from the leading leg of the player, from players motions and body position).
Influence of body position on the success of actions with the ball (more "scuffed" shots and passes from difficult situation).

Has it been enforced?
Super-cancel by default (for manual players)
Intentional fouls AI
Positional attacks AI
2 on 2 online
Data recording interval (Free Training)
Manual control of body balance
Manual physical play (via the right stick like in PES 2014); the ability to intentionally knock the opponent to the ground (as in retro PES 3-6, due to the active defense).
Offensive fouls
Aerial fouls
Fair play
Applause for successful actions
Snow, winter outfit
Creator of stadiums
Heart from PES14. The condition of footballers should depend on the footballers successful or unsuccessful actions. This would make players to approach to the game more responsibly.
Seamless broadcast of the match in real time, without black screens and delays between frames.

JDilla
Amateur
Amateur

Post by JDilla » 3 years ago

Will You again disregard PC version of PES this year?
Will You although bring back cutscenes to PC version?
Will you include an option to upload your own kits in PC version like in PS4 one?

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 3 years ago

Will shooting be fixed? There's no variation in shots when playing on basic, and advanced and manual feel generally clunky.

Again on shooting and goalkeepers: Any chance of goalkeepers saving a shot into the bottom corner, or even in some cases, an inch to the side of them? The game's CPU also does nothing but abuse the bottom corner shots, so that obviously knows the problem is there.

Goalkeepers were generally better than they have been in years, but will more animations be added? The keeper never seems to save with his feet for a start; which could also help with those shots an inch either side. Shots straight at the keeper are often flapped onto a striker, how about having them catch some up against their chest, and even falling to the ground with it sometimes?

Will there be any attempt at full control when chasing a ball? The runner is on rails, even pressing a R2 and the tend to run to where the ball is going, rather than cut across and receive it early, Ruins my wingplay! Arrrgh
Also, on that point, since the change of engine, you can't always slide tackle in 50-50s, oftentimes giving you the power bar for a long ball instead, has this been fixed?

Last one, but not a biggie. Have skills and feints been made more responsive yet? Generally been slow and clunky since 2014.

I'll buy the game regardless, but 2016 was a massive step forward and I'd like to see more ironed out.

Oh, forgot, will there be a genuine PC version? The PS4 is s***. Lol

MotherHen
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 3 years ago

I have a few questions. Pick out any that you find interesting enough!

1. Will the Euro 2016 license and all the DLC content be ported over to PES 2017? I think it would be a shame to lose all the faces for the lesser known players, kits and the Stade de France.

2. Being an Xbox 360 user, im grateful that were still getting the game but will the image uploader be available for Microsoft consoles?

3. How will the exclusive license that EA signed with Real Madrid effect PES 2017?

4. I see that every year, Konami get stick for the limited amount of stadiums in the game. Will the stadium editor make a return? It would solve a lot of problems and headaches if it did. It was never fully explained why it was removed in the first place which causes frustration.

5. Have the development team ever considered a "Create a team/League" option so we could add whatever we want? That would be so much better than the three 'fake' leagues...

6. The referees. Have they been worked on? I play mainly against the CPU and i have only ever had ONE red card given against me (via two yellows) and never been awarded a penalty in eight months of playing PES 2016. It clearly is an area that needs looking at.

7. While i don't expect full details for quite a while, can we expect any new leagues added to 2017?

I don't expect all of these to be forwarded but even just one would be awesome. Thanks! :)
"Establishing Communications"

demonuk
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by demonuk » 3 years ago

1. The algorithms that are present in online play are awful. Especially in MyClub. No matter what team you have the ai will stop your passes getting through, will not allow you to win any headers or 50/50's. Normal shots that would be a goal now fly wide or over. Has this been addressed? It is the worst since I have ever played online and I own every version since iss on the snes.

2. When playing a friendly game online. At the end of the game why is there no rematch or team select option? Instead we have to go all the way back to the lobby. There are only two people in the lobby so why go all the way back just so we can press OK and have to go through the process again. Please add a rematch and team select option.

3. Goal replays. Replays only show the last few seconds of the goal. All of the build up gets cut from the sequence. The only way to save the whole goals is by using the share button on PS. Can you extend the replay time to include more of the build up. Also regarding replays. In the highlights why is it that there is a fixed amount of highlights only? For example if you have a game where it ends 6-5 for example only 6 of those goals will. Be shown, and not even the best goals. Just a random set of highlights and most omitted. Please just show everything. In real life if there was a 6-5 Match of the day wouldn't show 5 goals then move on to the next game would they?

gregclem73
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by gregclem73 » 3 years ago

Will online play smoother ?will online team matchmaking get fixed instead of Stoke vs Real Madrid ?more like Fifa with 4 star 5 star etc .
Cheers

stuartyd
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by stuartyd » 3 years ago

1. Have overpowered throughballs been fixed?

2. Do finesse shots still look awkward and unrealistic?

3. Will online cameras be customisable ( height, angle, zoom etc)

4. Is scoring goals still lifeless and boring?

5. Do nets move realistically when a goal is scored? (Please ask them to copy Football Kingdom nets)

6. Are goals still grey in night matches and when in shadows?

7. Is stubbling animation still present when tackled

8. Is there an option to play driven cross field passes like in FIFA?

9. Are headers still as weak and floaty?

10. Do turfs look better?

11. Are day matches with horrible eye burning shadows still present?

12. Are slide tackles still as over powered?

13. Do referees work now?

14. Do goalkeepers move realistically?

15. Is there a button for jostling/holding off a player like FIFA?

16. Does knocking the ball on with double tap work every time?

17. Do situations in game still seem very pre determined?

18. Does super cancel still cause they player to slow down briefly?

19. Does cpu still hold onto the ball like Barca all the time?

20. Will fluid formation be set to ON as default?

21. Are the developers able to implement something to stop constant pressurising during online matches?

22. Players seem to have lost a lot of their individuality recently. What is being done to address this?

23. Will goalkeepers come off their line every time I hold triangle. This isn't the case at the moment and needs fixing

24. Is lobbing the goalkeeper still as easy to do?

25. Are Konami ever likely to set shooting to manual as the default setting?

26. Do AI goalkeepers come off their lines on 1v1 situations?

27. Has the advantage rule been fixed?

28. The secondary press button is a major reason for online games being a pressure fest. Is Konami ever likely to remove this function?

29. Do your players make more realistic off the ball movement?

30. FIFA has the perfect way of dealing with cutscenes/replays where both players must choose to skip. Will this be introduced in PES?

31. Will I be able to quit an online game without penalty if I come up against a team I'm fed up playing against online eg Barca, Real Madrid etc?

Tahmids
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Tahmids » 3 years ago

1.Can I play offline competitions such as Euro, International Cup with more than one team. Because If you want to play with more than one team the game asks for 2 controllers. I want to play with all the teams and Unlock the side selection.
2.Will CPU Dive as well. They dont dive much and if they did it would be great fun.
3.Will there be more celebrations specially interactions with the camera. Also a way to celebrate with your teammates such as hugging them like in fifa where if you run to your teamate he he hugs him e.t.c.

christowers_88
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by christowers_88 » 3 years ago

I remember one time I played the Master League on an early Pro Evo. In the Autumn of one season, my Bayern Munich team faced Liverpool in Europe and Gary McAllister, the scoundrel, came in with a terribly late sliding tackle on my young forward, Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Up on the screen popped a red cross - Ibra, as I affectionately called called him, was ruled out for the remainder of the season. Suffice to say, McAllister's stock took a major hit from my perspective. With my star striker absent, I had to rely upon my other players to come through and produce a successful season. But hey, stuff like this added a cool little dimension and sub-story to just ploughing through the matches, season after season. And scoring against Liverpool with Ibra, particularly with McAllister on the pitch, was always a little more satisfying after that.

Anyway, my question - I played what must have been well over a thousand matches on Pro Evo 2013 and not once did one of my players suffer an injury as a result of a tackle during a match. And not once, even as a result of training, did one of my players suffer a serious 'red' injury, ruling them out for months. Without going overboard with it (nobody wants the frustration of losing players to injury at the kind of ludicrous rate reserved for Hollywood fiction or Arsenal FC), will my players actually suffer injuries as a result of tackles during matches in PES2017?

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

christowers_88 wrote: I remember one time I played the Master League on an early Pro Evo. In the Autumn of one season, my Bayern Munich team faced Liverpool in Europe and Gary McAllister, the scoundrel, came in with a terribly late sliding tackle on my young forward, Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Up on the screen popped a red cross - Ibra, as I affectionately called called him, was ruled out for the remainder of the season. Suffice to say, McAllister's stock took a major hit from my perspective. With my star striker absent, I had to rely upon my other players to come through and produce a successful season. But hey, stuff like this added a cool little dimension and sub-story to just ploughing through the matches, season after season. And scoring against Liverpool with Ibra, particularly with McAllister on the pitch, was always a little more satisfying after that.

Anyway, my question - I played what must have been well over a thousand matches on Pro Evo 2013 and not once did one of my players suffer an injury as a result of a tackle during a match. And not once, even as a result of training, did one of my players suffer a serious 'red' injury, ruling them out for months. Without going overboard with it (nobody wants the frustration of losing players to injury at the kind of ludicrous rate reserved for Hollywood fiction or Arsenal FC), will my players actually suffer injuries as a result of tackles during matches in PES2017?
Nothing like a good back story to get your point across. (y)
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

padim7gr
Warming Up
Warming Up
Supports: Olympiacos and APOEL

Post by padim7gr » 3 years ago

Hello people!

Here are my ten questions on PES 2017:

1) Will Raouf Ben Khlif continue being the Arab commentator?
2) Will the Greek commentary change at all?
3) Will the Greek version of the game have better translation?
4) Will the fake player names resemble their real ones, like in past versions, or will Konami use the PES 2016 model?
5) How many Other European clubs will be included?
6) Which Greek and/or Cypriot clubs will be included?
7) Any new club licenses? (debuting or reoccurring)
8) Will Konami add more stadiums?
9) Will Stadiwm y Mileniwm (English: Millenium Stadium) be included? (since it will host the next UCL final)
10) Will Greece National Team continue having a generic kit?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by padim7gr on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

!الأهلي هو حياتنا

bestlloyd
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Swansea CITY

Post by bestlloyd » 3 years ago

Mike Please can u ask Adam weather players will have the option of playing competitions in a day time mode.It's only fair we should.As most games were played in the night in 2016.

Added in 7 minutes 39 seconds:
Mike hope u have a great day,but please be honest with your review.Have read all the reviews today and it sounds very promising,but u know what these people are like and thay don't always tell the truth.And your opinion would go a long way with me.Thanks mate.

yaseen02
Warming Up
Warming Up
Supports: Arsenal + Al Shorta

Post by yaseen02 » 3 years ago

Please can you ask him if they have any plans to bring back modes like World Tour (from PES 2008 on PS2), Community Mode (from PES 2012) and Random Selection Match (from PES 6)? These were offline modes which were so fun and I used to spend most of my time with on PES. There are a lot of people, myself included, who have siblings or friends round their house and would love to play offline modes like these ones rather than always playing online. Obviously it's too late to get them implemented into PES 2017 but it would be great if you would ask him about these modes for future games. Thanks :)

pesfanneedhelp
Regular
Regular

Post by pesfanneedhelp » 3 years ago

will real touch and precise pass be negated due to online scripting where the goal infuences when a goal will be scored?