πŸ“’ Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2017 Q&A: Submit Your Questions

onlinelag
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by onlinelag » 3 years ago

Hi,

Please can you ask if the online mode will be smooth with little to no lag?

99% of my online matches have unplayable lag which makes it impossible to play online properly. I am always at a handicap/disadvantage, being 1/2 seconds behind my opponent.

All my other online games work fine with no lag, or lag is extremely rare, PES is the only online game which gives me constant lag.

Lots of people are complaining about this problem, year on year.

What is being done to solve this problem please?

Thanks for the opportunity to pose questions.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 3 years ago

Probably way too late, but will we be able to play online games with response times like our opponent is on the sofa next to us, ala FIFA and PES 2013. Or will it still be like we are all playing on 56k dial up and have to cope with the delay on all inputs that happens unless both players are within the same street of one another as is the current situation at times. I have had good games on PES 2016 but the majority are hindered by the fact that the online service seems god awful..

Also, with online, will players start playing like they should. When I have Cristiano Ronaldo in 2016 MyClub, he plays like he has never seen a football in his life, slow, poor touch, cant dribble, even with high team spirit.. However offline, he is a joy to use... Just feels like something is very wrong in that regard and it does my head in.
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

Missingno1990 wrote: Will shooting be fixed? There's no variation in shots when playing on basic, and advanced and manual feel generally clunky.
Only played with Basic (default) shooting but shots definitely had more variety. Also very noticeable when crossing, ball position has a bigger influence on shot type, trajectory and animations. In general, shooting felt more unpredictable (far post shots can actually go well wide now, rather than always close to the goal like on PES 2016).

Shales comment - I only tried Basic and Manual. Agree with Mike on the feel of Basic. Definelty more variation of shot types. That's down to the ball physics and player positioning. If the striker is off balance then you're more than likely to have a wasted effort. You're not going to get a clean contact on the ball. That's the same for Manual too. In 2016 I found the players struck the ball with 100% power most of the time. That didn't seem to be the case anymore. We saw a few shots where the foot cut through the ball, rather than just pure laces or an inside of the boot curler.
Missingno1990 wrote: Any chance of goalkeepers saving a shot into the bottom corner, or even in some cases, an inch to the side of them?
Yes. Much more reliable for one-one-ones and R2-shots. Between me and Shales, there were several instances where we agreed that certain shots, which were now being saved, would have always gone in on 2016.

And yes, I remember one instance where Oblak got done and pushed the ball out for a corner, even though it was going a few yards wide of the post. I checked this out on Replay mode and it looked great. I wasn't even annoyed that he gave away a corner - at the end of the day, it's realism.

Shales Comment - The GKs no longer react late to shots, especially the R2 finesse shots. I might add though that I was only using the top keepers. I never once put a weaker GK in goal. I can confirm though that the top GKs are monsters!
Missingno1990 wrote: Goalkeepers were generally better than they have been in years, but will more animations be added? The keeper never seems to save with his feet for a start; which could also help with those shots an inch either side. Shots straight at the keeper are often flapped onto a striker, how about having them catch some up against their chest, and even falling to the ground with it sometimes?
Not sure on the exact figure but there are definitely more. Keepers look great now, and are so much more reliable. I saw several foot saves and some truly wonderful second saves (just ask Shales about his moment with Hugo Lloris!)

Although there were some instances where keepers would slide in with their feet, even though (unless I was missing something) they could've picked it up with their hands. But even though it looked kinda funny, the danger was ultimately averted.

As for your last point, yes, now I remember Oblak taking a high shot and going down with the ball to lie on his chest (you know, how time-wasting goalkeepers act). It looked really nice and it was another Reply mode moment! :-D

Shales Comment - Check my post in the other PES 2017 thread regarding the Lloris save!
Missingno1990 wrote: Will there be any attempt at full control when chasing a ball? The runner is on rails, even pressing a R2 and the tend to run to where the ball is going, rather than cut across and receive it early, Ruins my wingplay! Arrrgh
Sorry for the shitty answer but I'd probably need more time to give a concrete answer re. this. But, from what I remember, it didn't seem hugely different to 2016.

Shales Comment - The runners are automatically still on rails but I found the super cancel a lot more responsive! Even on Manual, you didn't have full/pure control of the chasing player. I fed this back because I know there are manual players who want total control. For me, I am happy how it is because I like the fact the CPU moves my player initially for me, otherwise my CBs would be stood still when the opponent plays a ball over the top. With super cancel more responsive, for me it felt good. It would please everyone if Konami put in a "raw" Manual toggle option. I did feed this back.
Missingno1990 wrote: Also, on that point, since the change of engine, you can't always slide tackle in 50-50s, oftentimes giving you the power bar for a long ball instead, has this been fixed?
There was a moment where my defender cleared it instead of putting his put in - but I'd probably need more time investigating this to get a definitive answer.

Shales Comment - Good point! I meant to feed this back. I'd like a designated slide button. Even if there is a 90% of a foul and/or red card. I'd had the classic 50/50 scenario a few times, and my player just hoofs the ball once gaining control.
Missingno1990 wrote: Last one, but not a biggie. Have skills and feints been made more responsive yet? Generally been slow and clunky since 2014.
Oh yes. Much more responsive and, especially with a Griezmann or Alexis Sanchez, you're actually encouraged to use skill moves because - unlike PES 2016 - you'll profit from appropriately-timed skill moves and turns.

Shales Comment - Oh yes! the skills are fantasic! With the pace of the game a lot slower, a well timed skill move will leave the defender for dead (or send him for a hotdog, as the cool kids say). Like Mike said, the players with quick feet are a joy to control. The rainbow flick is still in though! I watched PESEP's video last night and that was a big concern for him. Defenders were still able to perform the trick. It's been fed back!

Added in 4 minutes 4 seconds:
MotherHen wrote: 4. I see that every year, Konami get stick for the limited amount of stadiums in the game. Will the stadium editor make a return? It would solve a lot of problems and headaches if it did. It was never fully explained why it was removed in the first place which causes frustration.
Didn't get an exact figure but there will be more stadiums. Generic ones, as was the one in the demo, especially smaller grounds and ones that are close to the pitch. Not sure about licensed stadia but news should start to flow through over the next few weeks and months.
MotherHen wrote: 6. The referees. Have they been worked on? I play mainly against the CPU and i have only ever had ONE red card given against me (via two yellows) and never been awarded a penalty in eight months of playing PES 2016. It clearly is an area that needs looking at.
They are much better. Not perfect but they are clearly improved. Refs will blow (perhaps a little too quickly) for late challenges and will get their cards out. Although I do remember one time where I used what looked like my last defender to make a clear foul - at the time, I thought it was a red but I only got a yellow.

Shales Comment - The CPU had a player sent off against me for 2 yellow cards. I didn't get a penalty but I feel they will be awarded. The CPU gave a variety of fouls away. Slide tackles, X button tackles and even just for physical contact. There were times where the CPU player wasn't going to win the ball but still slid in. Right now I'd probably award the refs an 8/10. Much, much better.

Added in 3 minutes 10 seconds:
demonuk wrote: Goal replays. Replays only show the last few seconds of the goal. All of the build up gets cut from the sequence.
Not sure about post-match highlights but the in-game ones were great. Better angles, more variety of zoomed, the ball was tracked. And from what I remember, the replays included build-up play. I remember I scored a goal from a cross but it included all the triangle and one-two play that I did to get the ball out to the overlapping full-back in the first place.

As for Replay mode, it was hard to judge because everything was sped up so quickly. Will have to check this out at the next playtest, if there is one.

Shales Comment - One thing i'll add this was when Mike and I played a 1v1. Mike gave away a penalty (He loves a foul and a card btw! haha) which I scored. The replay included the foul which we thought was great. Very TV like.

Added in 13 minutes 42 seconds:
stuartyd wrote: 1. Have overpowered throughballs been fixed?
With the improved defender AI, I think so yes. It's much harder to make chances now. I remember playing Atletico once and even though I gave absolutely everything to break them down, I couldn't get past them. It was great! :-D

Shales Comment - The staunch online players at the event tested this heavily. They tried playing in the true online style and had little success. They were very happy with this!
stuartyd wrote: 2. Do finesse shots still look awkward and unrealistic?
They looked fine from what I remember.
stuartyd wrote: 4. Is scoring goals still lifeless and boring?
I certainly enjoyed scoring. Much harder than PES 2016 so that's maybe why it was so satisfying.
stuartyd wrote: 5. Do nets move realistically when a goal is scored? (Please ask them to copy Football Kingdom nets)
Yes, the nets looked great. Plus, Adam confirmed that PES 2017 will include 4 different net types.
stuartyd wrote: 9. Are headers still as weak and floaty?
Much better on 2017. Lots more headers directed into the ground, giving crosses and corners especially a greater sense of unpredictability. He may be slow but players like Giroud will be really useful on 2017!
stuartyd wrote: 10. Do turfs look better?
Yes, definitely improved. Graphics in general look great, due to improved lighting, and Adam also said that they'll get even better between now and launch.
stuartyd wrote: 11. Are day matches with horrible eye burning shadows still present?
Shadows are definitely less harsh. No need to always play night matches anymore.
stuartyd wrote: 12. Are slide tackles still as over powered?
Similar to 2016 but with the improved refs, you won't get away with mis-timed ones anymore.
stuartyd wrote: 16. Does knocking the ball on with double tap work every time?
Didn't use it a lot but when I did, it worked well. Really useful for speedy wingers and full-backs.
stuartyd wrote: 20. Will fluid formation be set to ON as default?
On this code, it was turned off as default.
stuartyd wrote: 21. Are the developers able to implement something to stop constant pressurising during online matches?
From what I gathered, the stamina system is there to help combat pressure spammers.
stuartyd wrote: 23. Will goalkeepers come off their line every time I hold triangle. This isn't the case at the moment and needs fixing
They were much more responsive when bringing them out - though I do remember one time where my GK wouldn't come off his line to collect the ball, instead he stood still and waited for the ball to run out of play. If I remember correctly, he could've got there and picked it up.
stuartyd wrote: 27. Has the advantage rule been fixed?
Yes. As mentioned above, refs will blow (maybe too quickly at times) and hand out cards for late fouls.

Shales Comment - The super cancel trick has also been addressed. The ref will give the foul so you can't use super cancel to avoid the ball and allow the game to play on.
stuartyd wrote: 29. Do your players make more realistic off the ball movement?
Yes, definitely. A big leap from 2016, especially with attacking full-backs - Monreal and Bellerin were so good to play with!

Added in 3 minutes 2 seconds:
christowers_88 wrote: will my players actually suffer injuries as a result of tackles during matches in PES2017?
Unfortunately, injuries were locked and turned off in this particular code. Ideally, this option won't be greyed out for the next playtest.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

padim7gr wrote: 7) Any new club licenses? (debuting or reoccurring)
Arsenal was the only new one confirmed.
padim7gr wrote: 8) Will Konami add more stadiums?
Yes. As mentioned above, there will be more generic ones (including smaller grounds with stands closer to the pitch). Not sure on licensed ones but I assume there will be more.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

bestlloyd wrote: Mike Please can u ask Adam weather players will have the option of playing competitions in a day time mode.It's only fair we should.As most games were played in the night in 2016.
Your answer may be here.
bestlloyd wrote: Mike hope u have a great day,but please be honest with your review.Have read all the reviews today and it sounds very promising,but u know what these people are like and thay don't always tell the truth.And your opinion would go a long way with me.Thanks mate.
Thank you for the kind words. They really mean a lot. :-)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

yaseen02 wrote: Please can you ask him if they have any plans to bring back modes like World Tour (from PES 2008 on PS2), Community Mode (from PES 2012) and Random Selection Match (from PES 6)?
Both were discussed.

Can't go into full details but trust me, I am doing everything in my power to get Random Selection Match (as well as interchangeable kits) back into the series. May be too late for PES 2017 but let's see what happens.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES Russia wrote: Small amount of minor fouls.
Many more. Eg: accidentally running into defenders, leaving your leg in, etc.
PES Russia wrote: Monotonous and predictable offensive play of COM (players don't try shoot in the near corner, don't try to dribble, don't try to shoot under the crossbar).
Bigger variation of CPU shots. I remember an instance where the CPU did an R2 shot from outside the box. Can't remember the last time I saw that in PES!
PES Russia wrote: AI rarely intentionally foul
Much more now. If I were to guess, I'd say I won an average of 3-4 free-kicks per match.

Shales Comment - The AI had a player sent off against me for 2 yellow cards. Neither of the fouls were bad tackles. The AI was also fouling around the box which give more opportunities to score free kicks.
PES Russia wrote: High pace of the game.
It's noticeably slower now.

Shales Comment - I played 1 game of PES2016 last night and the speed of it is crazy compared to PES2017. You won't be able to sprint Mertesacker from defence to attack like you sometimes could on PES2016.
PES Russia wrote: Defenders create free zones and don't properly mark strikers. KONAMI can make the defenders more aware and get rid of some hideous scripts (like when they delay the defender for a fraction just so the attacker gain advantage when a through ball is passed) and make the star player less "godlike" (I hate when Ronaldo can hit almost every shoot with incredible power and accuracy for 90 minutes)?
Defenders much more responsive and reliable now. Much harder to break down and it's much more fun to defend now. Improved goalkeepers help a lot, too!

Shales Comment - Playing on Superstar against the CPU, the biggest score I had was 2-0. The defenders are very responsive now so you don't get time and space to score. I actually didn't concede a goal against the CPU so that is evidence that the your defenders are responsive and positionally solid.
PES Russia wrote: The animation and ball trajectory for the R2 shot is still horrible.
From what I recall, it didn't look horrible.
PES Russia wrote: Low & lofted through ball – OP. Cross - OP. R2 finesse shot - OP. Sliding tackle - OP.
Through balls and passes harder due to improved defenders AI, crosses harder due to more variety and less predictability, R2 shots harder due to improved goalkeepers and sliding tackles not drastically changed but get them wrong and you'll end up getting cards.

Shales Comment - As I mentioned above, other people on the day who are big online players tested the through balls thoroughly. They were happy with the results. It seems you need a large amount of skill and timing to execute a perfect through ball. Rubbish players will no longer be able to spam this.
PES Russia wrote: Dull lawn (turf/pitch looks much better, but still is not GREEN enough).
From what I recall, the turf looks better, especially when zoomed in.
PES Russia wrote: No replays of side episodes, there are only key episodes on the replay (such episodes as dramatic dribble, hitting the post and a number of other situations are not shown).
Replays much better. Much more like watching on TV now. Eg: score a penalty and you'll see another replay of the original foul - will be interesting to see how the in-game commentary lines up with this.
PES Russia wrote: The adequacy of refereeing (the referee doesn’t assess the degree of violation of the rules: instead of yellow card – nothing, instead of red card – yellow)
Improved, especially the advantage rule, but all attendees agreed that card allocation needs some work.
PES Russia wrote: Seamless broadcast of the match in real time, without black screens and delays between frames.
I wanted to see this too, but sadly continuous play isn't in this year. A big feature though, probably quite complex to implement, but definitely a possible feature for the future.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

yaseen02
Warming Up
Warming Up
Supports: Arsenal + Al Shorta

Post by yaseen02 » 3 years ago

Mike wrote:
yaseen02 wrote: Please can you ask him if they have any plans to bring back modes like World Tour (from PES 2008 on PS2), Community Mode (from PES 2012) and Random Selection Match (from PES 6)?
Both were discussed.

Can't go into full details but trust me, I am doing everything in my power to get Random Selection Match (as well as interchangeable kits) back into the series. May be too late for PES 2017 but let's see what happens.
Thanks so much! I appreciate it. Really hope they bring back Community Mode and Random Selection Match, they were both such great modes. World Tour was great as well. Thanks again :-)

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Pes140 » 3 years ago

@Mike, @Shales I am not sure how I did not mention this earlier but did you manage to get a look at player ratings at the end of games?

In 2016 it is based solely on Goals/Assists and Saves made to an extent. This heavily distorts the rating system by which all players are judged and as a result causes complications when a player flourishes in ML as you have to push for the assist or goal, even if you are a defender, to ensure you get a positive rating to help boost stats.

Moreover, I dont actually understand how it is quantified.. The ratings range from 4.5-8.5 and it is not altogether clear where it has come from. A player should still be able to achieve a rating of 6.5 without scoring or assisting, goals are not the only stats that predicate a players performance or who was Man of the Match. It is a very lazy means of providing player ratings. What about successful passes, tackles, interceptions, dribbles even pre-assists etc etc etc??? Cant a player be judged according to the tasks he is meant to complete before any other analysis.

Can get a clean sheet and your defence averages 5-6/10. Score 4 goals and 2 assists and get 8.5??? It makes no sense at all.

It needs an overhaul but I feel it is something that quite often slips under the radar.

It has got to the point that it is rather frustrating. It is not noticeable initially but fixing this would impact the game massively.

Added in 2 minutes 25 seconds:
hmm, not sure how to meniton
Mike wrote:.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Pes140 wrote: did you manage to get a look at player ratings at the end of games?
Would need more time with the game to properly test this out, but from what I remember, the majority of ratings were between 5 and 7.5. Similar to PES 2016.
Pes140 wrote: It needs an overhaul but I feel it is something that quite often slips under the radar.
Can't argue with that, and I'm sure everyone on the team will agree also. Whether it's improved or not, we'll keep feeding this back so that, one day, a better system can be implemented.

Also, to mention someone, you just need to quote them. Example below:

Code: Select all

[quote="[url=http://forums.onlyproevolutions.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1091]Pes140[/url]"][/quote]
Pes140 wrote:
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Mike wrote:
Pes140 wrote: did you manage to get a look at player ratings at the end of games?
Would need more time with the game to properly test this out, but from what I remember, the majority of ratings were between 5 and 7.5. Similar to PES 2016.
Pes140 wrote: It needs an overhaul but I feel it is something that quite often slips under the radar.
Can't argue with that, and I'm sure everyone on the team will agree also. Whether it's improved or not, we'll keep feeding this back so that, one day, a better system can be implemented.

Also, to mention someone, you just need to quote them. Example below:

Code: Select all

[quote="[url=http://forums.onlyproevolutions.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1091]Pes140[/url]"][/quote]
Pes140 wrote:
I didn't see any changes in the ratings at all. It was one of my main points in my feedback on the day. Not that it needs a reason why, but I stated that improved player ratings will enhance ML and BAL modes.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Pes140 » 3 years ago

Mike wrote:
Shales wrote:
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys (and the mention tip Mike!), hopefully will see some development regarding player development for 2017.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 3 years ago

A quick one, how were the shadows? Are they still stupidly dark? I know there are a couple of grounds that seriously cause me issues with players blending in or just going missing in the shadows (That one with the serious amounts of black lines on the left side of the pitch, one 18 yard box basically is a mess). I sat messing with the tv settings during a replay the other day and no matter what changes I made the shadows always seem way too harsh and dark. Please tell me there was some improvement in this?
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote: A quick one, how were the shadows? Are they still stupidly dark? I know there are a couple of grounds that seriously cause me issues with players blending in or just going missing in the shadows (That one with the serious amounts of black lines on the left side of the pitch, one 18 yard box basically is a mess). I sat messing with the tv settings during a replay the other day and no matter what changes I made the shadows always seem way too harsh and dark. Please tell me there was some improvement in this?
We only had one stadium to use which was a new generic one. The shadows weren't a problem with this stadium but obviously can't say if it's the case for all the rest. The lighting is a lot better in day matches so hopefully they are improved from last year. It's been a common annoyance for fans so hopefully Konami have addressed this.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

bestlloyd
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Swansea CITY

Post by bestlloyd » 3 years ago

Do u think thay will do anything about injuries this year.I would like to see something like fifa,where you have to make a sub if someone gets injured.I know it would be pinching something off them but I don't think fans mind anymore.