Xbox 360: U.S. Store ~ Currently exclusive to Gold members

✅ 🐦 💟

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Re: PES 2017 Demo Discussion

Post by Walker2o » 1 year ago

A lot of love for the demo on twitter today! Any of you guys managed to get a hands on yet? I'm stuck until tomorrow before I can play.
PSN: Walker2k7

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

Had 7 games on the Xbox One so far. All games were Arsenal (me) vs Barca (CPU) on superstar. Best I've done is a draw! I am actually happy with that. Finding it very tough to get chances! I'm not conceding many, so it's just the attacking play I need to get to grips with.

Just downloading the PS4 version now :-)
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 1 year ago

Good to hear! As long as there is a balance and the CPU don't end up scoring with every shot the higher difficulties can be brilliantly challenging. Any updates on the CPU fouling and refs?
PSN: Walker2k7

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 1 year ago

Had a quick game. I don't normally play as the top teams but this time I went for Barcelona and gave Boca a game... I managed a 3-0 win on Professional difficulty. The CPU fouled me 3-4 times throughout the game and I had some fouls given against me.. They even produced an absolutely shocking late challenge which brought about a yellow... Could have been red but to be honest it was borderline. Even on professional mode the difference in the keepers can be seen with my keeper making a couple of nice stops and Bocas Orion blocking some great chances from Neymar and Messi. Finally got a rebound after another fine save and Suarez pounced from close range. That was followed by a lovely low cross met at the near post by Messi to flick it home. Boca went chasing the game and left a bit more room at the back so I sent Neymar off one on one and he managed to half volley it over the advancing keeper. Then got booked for the strip celebration which I think is awesome!

Very pleased so far. Haven't got much time today but may get in another game later on with any luck. The passing seems fluid, the response times of the players are superb and the tricks and flicks seem a lot more responsive and useful this time, at least with the top tier players. Will have to see how those with lower dribbling and ball control pull these tricks off at a later time. Really happy with the keepers though, that was my biggest complaint with 2016 and it was great to see the saves they were making. Even my Neymar goal, in 2016 the keeper would have hung back on his line or the six yard box and it would have been an easy finish, this time he came running out to narrow the angle and if I had taken a touch would have had a chance to take the ball off me. As it was the first time strike caught him by surprise and was powerful enough to elude his dive... So happy with the keepers so far... As for everything else, it seems really good. Very, very positive so far... I would like to complain that the rainbow flick is still in effect having pulled off a beautiful one with Mascherano first time... That either needs to be made a lot more difficult to accomplish or limited to certain players and the effectiveness and success of it being changed according to their ball control stat... Just worried its going to be abused online again by the spammers that always seem to frequent these games.

All in all, I am very pleased I still have my NZ PSN account and I recommend anyone who hasn't grabbed the demo to do so ASAP as it really does play beautifully and looks fantastic. I played at the Nou Camp and it looked great. Need to check out the other stadium though and see if the shadows are still as harsh as 2016s one were but I hope not!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Re: PES 2017: News, Rumours + Speculation

Post by itstroff » 1 year ago

How is the stamina working out this year? The stats hardly influenced things last year, all players down to red by 75 minutes.

Watched weedens new skill video just, no changes which suits me. I do wish there was a better system than the card one for skills. If you mix up teams a lot there's no way you're going to remember who's got what.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 1 year ago

Love reading your stories, guys. Please keep them coming. :great:
Walker2o wrote: Any updates on the CPU fouling and refs?
Both much better.

On average, the CPU is fouling me about 3-4 times per match, usually ending up with around 2 yellows. In my first game, I won TWO 20-yard free-kicks - obviously I missed them both but that's not the point here! :great:

Referees are much better as well: playing advantage and then going back to card the player for the original foul.

Can't wait to win that first penalty! ;)
✅ 🐦 💟

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 1 year ago

Demo is absolutely fantastic so far.

Loving how clumsy feeling dribbling with goalies and big centre halves feels. Definitely makes you want to just hoof it up the field. Conceded a goal when Suarez closed down Oblak as I turned and attempted to dribble a few yards. (Something you usually get away with in PES)
Good to see the rainbow flick nonsense has been sorted, too.
A real positive is the fact that they've managed to maintain the physical side of 2016 whilst having refs that do their job; and the addition of aerial fouls! :)

My only gripe is keepers. Best in years, great shot stoppers, but still have problems with angles and retrieving loose balls without pressing triangle. (Which isn't worth risking with your defender blocking the striker only a foot or two away from the ball)
Also had Cech fall to his knees facing the goals, as if he'd conceded after a defender headed clear. He just stayed in position until Barca scored...

Overall, gameplay is fantastic, and the AI is challenging. Yet to win on superstar, though that could have been different if I hadn't tried dribbling with Oblak.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Ah, also just realised set piece instructions are still crap by default. No big men up for corners? C'mon Konami, get that sorted! :evil:

Kinda works against how Atletico play in all honesty.

P.S: Yes, I know that I can change it, but it really should be default.

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 1 year ago

Accidentally asked in the other thread lol. Whats superstar like?
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub

Nades wrote: Accidentally asked in the other thread lol. Whats superstar like?
Ridiculously hard to break down and some of their link up play is fantastic. The AI, as a whole, is much better, though. Ramsey will drop back and fill in for defenders who are upfield, centre halves drop in behind each other when the ball is in the air on most occasions, and the CPU seems to mix it up a lot depending on the score. 2 hours in, best I've managed is 2 1-1 draws.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Some of my PES 2017 demo highlights:

[youtube]qAXvqAsn81o[/youtube]

[youtube]KE1cZINvRkg[/youtube]

First video shows my best goal (so far ;) ) on the demo, while the second shows a great save from Cech - the header would've been a guaranteed goal last year!
✅ 🐦 💟

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 1 year ago

Great to hear some good reviews, along with some constructive criticism. It sounds like we might have a good game on our hands here.

Had a mare trying to create a US account, so just gave it up as a bad job. Should get a good demo session in tomorrow though!

How's the Adaptive AI and tactics looking? A guy on Evo-web said he thought some of the tactical options were 'greyed-out' and unavailable for him. Sounds odd but maybe there was a fair enough explanation.

Keep the impressions coming. Maybe the hype train is building up a head of Steam after all.
Chris Coleman - Manager of the Year 2018

Mike
Founder
Founder

BunglesFinger wrote: A guy on Evo-web said he thought some of the tactical options were 'greyed-out' and unavailable for him. Sounds odd but maybe there was a fair enough explanation.
Haven't delved too much into the Game Plan tactics yet, however, I know you can't change your team's formation. Slightly annoying I know, especially if you're down to 10 or you need a late goal, but it was the same for both PES Days.

To be fair though, with this demo being a 'sit down and play' experience, this is something that I can probably handle until the full game launches next month.
✅ 🐦 💟

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 1 year ago

Mike wrote:
BunglesFinger wrote: A guy on Evo-web said he thought some of the tactical options were 'greyed-out' and unavailable for him. Sounds odd but maybe there was a fair enough explanation.
Haven't delved too much into the Game Plan tactics yet, however, I know you can't change your team's formation. Slightly annoying I know, especially if you're down to 10 or you need a late goal, but it was the same for both PES Days.

To be fair though, with this demo being a 'sit down and play' experience, this is something that I can probably handle until the full game launches next month.
That would explain it. On one hand it's a bit disappointing as I'd been itching to get stuck into the tactical stuff- but I guess it's a chance to just enjoy the game and have a bit of fun with it.

Nice vids btw. The Sanchez volley was superb! I can tell you're a far better player than me. The Cech save was good to see, evidence of the GK improvements!
Chris Coleman - Manager of the Year 2018