PES 2017 Demo Discussion

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Re: PES 2017 Demo Discussion

Post by Walker2o » 1 year ago

Mike wrote: Love reading your stories, guys. Please keep them coming. :great:
Walker2o wrote: Any updates on the CPU fouling and refs?
Both much better.

On average, the CPU is fouling me about 3-4 times per match, usually ending up with around 2 yellows. In my first game, I won TWO 20-yard free-kicks - obviously I missed them both but that's not the point here! :great:

Referees are much better as well: playing advantage and then going back to card the player for the original foul.

Can't wait to win that first penalty! ;)
Good to hear! Do you reckon the number of fouls will increase in relation to the match time? I like to play longer halves so that the time relates the player movement to what it would be like watching a match on tele.

PSN: Walker2k7

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 1 year ago

Sounding good so far guys. For some reason the crowd sounds weird to me, like that goal you scored Mike, Arsenal fans cheered and almost straight away stopped. Sounds weird.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 1 year ago

So, that's me been playing for 5 hours straight now...

Winning more of my matches, but definitely feel superstar difficulty is where it should be.
Also think I was a bit harsh on the goalkeepers earlier, as the angle problem doesn't seem to be all that common.

However, I have noticed that refs, despite being much better (like 10-20 fouls per 10 minute match better) that they are inconsistent with cards, and don't seem to want to award penalties. CPU had a straight red against me for a slightly mistimed tackled right at kick off. I brought a striker down with the last man, edge of the box, and from behind! No card...

All in all, massive leap forward from last year; gameplaywise at least.

tommobfc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by tommobfc » 1 year ago

Really good game. Could tell straight away it was gunna be a classic PES. The players and passing feels weightier than I thought it might be at first, judging by the YouTube gameplay vids I'd watched, if that makes sense?

AI is very tough to break down, they mix up their tactics throughout the match and if you play as the away team, they come at you early doors and apply a lot of pressure. I was struggling to create chances, but I'm getting to grips with it now and playing on Superstar.

Goalkeepers are really decent, Neuer pulled off an absolute worldie save against me from a corner, where he dived backwards and flicked the ball from behind him and off the line, it was amazing to see and reminded me of that David Seaman save against Sheff Utd in the FA Cup many moons ago. Sensastional stuff.

Someone asked before about stamina and I have to say it's pretty good. 70-75 mins in and most of my players have 1/4 to 1/2 their stamina left, depending on their position, although I noticed that Ozil is in the red at this stage and needs to be subbed off. It's definitely been improved.

Re tactical options, some of them are greyed out (Gegenpressing, for example) although I use them sporadically anyway. Sometimes it's better to set up without them activated and wait for the game to pan out a bit.

All in all an excellent demo and I can't wait for the full release. ML could be epic this year, equal parts enthralling and exasperating. Can imagine tearing my hair out trying to break down a stubborn defence having given away a sloppy goal early on, and masterminding a smash and grab in the CL knockout stages having soaked up a load of pressure. (y) (y) (y)
Bury FC

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 1 year ago

Good write-ups lads, nice to hear so much positivity!

Downloading now... Gerrin!
Chris Coleman - Manager of the Year 2018

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Looking forward to getting stuck in to this tonight after these write ups!

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 1 year ago

Can't wait to play later as well. Every year I have the best intentions of only playing the demo a few times so I'm not bored of it by the actual release date. Fast forward to tomorrow morning when I finally call it a night after hearing the dawn chorus.

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 1 year ago

So I also managed to play a few games last night with two of my buddies after we had already gotten the chance to test pes at gamescom this past weekend. First impression on saturday was "god, what a great feeling this pes is giving me". But I am always a little bit sceptical when it comes to a gamescom impression because of everything happening around you (and the alcohol too :D ) that I was afraid this was just an emotional reaction to playing a new pes.

Well, so we tried the demo last night with a few one on one matches (no cpu) and it feels so rewarding to score a goal most of the time. Dribbling is now much harder and if your opponent knows your tendencies then you really have to be creative. And that is what I was missing in the past. You figured out how to get past a defender every single time, now it seemed like it sure is still possible, but not as easy to do. Tactically, I think the AI is much better at closing gaps and not giving you that much space to work with. So I had break up my efforts on offense once in a while and go with a different approach.

I can't wait to get home and play some more, this time today probably against cpu, but I am curious how this will work out, especially after reading all of your feedback so far.
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

I went on to the Playstation Store to set up the auto download from my work, the demo was rated at 5 stars with 1760 ratings.... Not bad at all.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 1 year ago

Walker2o wrote: Do you reckon the number of fouls will increase in relation to the match time?
I'd say that's a fair shout, yes.

The CPU really isn't afraid to dive in now. I've mostly been playing with Arsenal against Barca and more often than not, Sergio Busquets has been an absolute animal... I love it! :great:

I've only been playing for a day, however, I'm pretty sure this is the best PES demo Konami have ever done.
✅ 🐦 💟

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by danmarsh » 1 year ago

Looking forward to playing the demo when I get in from work. what is worrying me at the moment is I've seen far to many overhead kick from outside the box that are going in only happens once a year maybe less.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

danmarsh wrote: Looking forward to playing the demo when I get in from work. what is worrying me at the moment is I've seen far to many overhead kick from outside the box that are going in only happens once a year maybe less.
I was thinking that as well, just need to remember how many games of football in PES had to be played to get the footage.

I do hope they aren't OP though.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 1 year ago

Any one know if I can download the demo on xbox live without having a gold account?
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 1 year ago

In the last few seasons I've definitely seen a lot more overheads than years gone by. I'm not suggesting Konami are trying to reflect that in the game, but I have seen more of those overheads where the ball ends up in the air and they happen to be facing away from goal. I wouldn't like to keep seeing players catching crosses perfectly on the edge of the box.

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 1 year ago

My first 45 yarder. :D

[youtube]qRkj2dh22kI[/youtube]
Last edited by Mike on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [youtube] tags for you.