PES 2017 Demo Discussion

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: PES 2017 Demo Discussion

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

Missingno1990 wrote:My first 45 yarder. :D

Nice, how far was the keeper off his line? Difficult to see from the video.

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 1 year ago

A good 20-25 yards. Pique held off Walcott so that he could clear it. Fell nicely to Ozil, so why not have a go? The manual cameras aren't as good as theirhighlight camera angles, though. I'll look to upload that one later.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 1 year ago

Not feeling the change in the form arrow colours

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 1 year ago

itstroff wrote: Not feeling the change in the form arrow colours
I actually only just noticed this as I tend to play friendlies with both teams on green neutral form. Same as the player abilities, red is now bad and green is now good? Wasn't it the opposite before or maybe I am remembering incorrectly. But yeah, reversing the form arrow colors is a little strange.

As for the game, had another quick go as Germany VS France. Forgot to change the difficulty so played it on regular. Still it was a good game, the opposition pressed and closed down and the thing that surprised me most was that even on regular the keepers were still awesome. I saw Neuer pull off a reflex save from a close range deflected shot that would have been a goal all day on 2016. He pulled off a couple of nice stops as did Lloris. In fact one Lloris full length stop was incredible. I thought it was in then he just got across and pushed it safely away, not back into the box as PES keepers of old did! I will get some more games in later but the more I play it, the more I am really thinking this is something special. Just praying they get the online sorted this year and I will be a happy individual!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by danmarsh » 1 year ago

Played two games so far the goalkeepers are the main change they are a lot better. The refs do not let fouls go as much and are willing to book players more. I do feel feel like it's 2016 but more of a complete all round finished game now. It's animations are super the things they do off the ball are so much more realistic.

On the whole I'm so happy with gameplay it's just a shame about licences.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

ukexplicit1984 wrote: red is now bad and green is now good?
Yeah it now goes red to blue, as in hot to cold, but the wrong way around. Very odd.

Had three games and seen plenty enough for me to buy the game. It's difficult to be specific about the gameplay as so much was different for me. Playing on a PS4 instead of the 360, different tv and a controller that still feels alien in my hands. The graphics blew me away especially the stadium, lighting and the crowd compared to the 360 version. Saw a few great saves, used some skill moves with a lot more success and got hacked down in the box. Penalties are still dreadful.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 1 year ago

Played a few games against my cousin last night, not had a chance to play against the CPU yet. I thought the game was terrific, slide tackle button is difficult to control as your guy just wants to crunch the other player, not holding down sprint completely changes the game and the control. Goalkeepers made some tremendous saves.

I also recommend you try playing in the rain, the graphics are superb and the ball holds up really well.

Great game, let's see how edit mode pans out.
PSN: Walker2k7

JohnCB2013
Squad Player
Squad Player
Supports: Liverpool

Post by JohnCB2013 » 1 year ago

Hey! guys, (wave)

Finally had a few goes of the DEMO yesterday, first impressions are good, it certainly feels different to 2016 right away, I went straight on Pro difficulty and lost more games than I won where as in 2016 I won nearly every game on Pro quite comfortably, I found it really hard to even get a decent shot at goal in the DEMO.

Goalkeepers as others have said are miles better no doubt about that, and also I must have seen more fouls given in the few games I played than nearly all the games I played in 2016 which is also very pleasing to see, I also like the highlights shown at the end of the game, again so much better.

As for the graphics, very solid, seeing how good Camp Nou looks has me in dreamland at the thought of how good Anfield will look in the game, November is going to seem like a "very" long wait indeed.

Player faces are also top notch for the likes of Barcelona & Arsenal etc. but, Konami really need to go all out and make the best out of all their licensed teams, by this I mean after playing as either Barcelona or Arsenal it's a real let down when you go onto one of the Argentinian or Brazilian teams and they are full of awful looking generic players yet again, with only one or two (Tevez etc.) looking the part, Konami really need to give these players the same treatment as those of Arsenal etc. it just hurts the presentation so much when you see how good a team can look in the game when the effort has been put in compared to one where next to no effort has been put into the player faces, just looks silly, truly hope Konami improve on this for the full game. :-)

So anyway, these are just a few first/early impressions, overall I'd give the DEMO a solid 8 out of 10, so pretty pleased. (y)

Nades
Professional
Professional

Post by Nades » 1 year ago

Agh, I'm really tempted to try the demo after such good feedback, but I want to wait until release.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 1 year ago

tigerwalms wrote: Any one know if I can download the demo on xbox live without having a gold account?
If I remember correctly, demos on Xbox are exclusive to Gold members for one week.
itstroff wrote: I wouldn't like to keep seeing players catching crosses perfectly on the edge of the box.
I'd say the success rate is about right. The chances of spooning it wide are much higher than sticking it in the top corner.

Added in 3 minutes 58 seconds:
itstroff wrote: Not feeling the change in the form arrow colours
Fed this back at PES Day 1. Only a small detail, however, the whole room agreed that the traditional colours should be brought back.
Nades wrote: Agh, I'm really tempted to try the demo after such good feedback, but I want to wait until release.
Come on, you know you can't resist... ;)
✅ 🐦 💟

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 1 year ago

Out of around 6 - 8 games we played yesterday, only one overhead kick was attempted and it was sent about 10 yards wide of the far post.
PSN: Walker2k7

itstroff
Regular
Regular

What do we think about crossing? In the few games I had it felt a little easy for short attackers to get on the end of things.

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

Post by MotherHen » 1 year ago

I just tried to get the demo on my 360 yet we have to wait another week while everyone else plays away? Who's smart idea was that?
"Establishing Communications"

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

Is it me or does every see a frame rate drop in some replays? Not the close up ones, the further away cameras? Hope this is just a demo thing.

Regarding crossing, I'm having very little success with crossing. I like the delivery, once I'm actually able to cross the ball. The defenders are brutal in blocking everything. I have scored a few headers from crosses though, but not finding it easy. The defenders deal with crosses well.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 1 year ago

itstroff wrote:What do we think about crossing? In the few games I had it felt a little easy for short attackers to get on the end of things.
Yet to see a short attacker on the end of much myself. Only good balls into space really.