📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2017 Demo Discussion

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Re: PES 2017 Demo Discussion

Post by Walker2o » 3 years ago

Yeah me too. Plus juve. The only thing i can think of is whether the full teams will be ready to import using batch importer or will it just be a kit file that's ready? I'm getting the game a few days early so hopefully they can too and have the teams ready to go.

PSN: Walker2k7

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Walker2o wrote: Yeah me too. Plus juve. The only thing i can think of is whether the full teams will be ready to import using batch importer or will it just be a kit file that's ready? I'm getting the game a few days early so hopefully they can too and have the teams ready to go.
Used to have an independent shop where I live years ago that used to sell me PES on the Wednesday if it was out on Friday. Sounds much like yours ;) sadly it went under as soon as Game showed up :(
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

MotherHen
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 3 years ago

*Edit* Wrong thread! :(

While im here, ive still not played the demo as us 360 users have to have Gold to download it.
"Establishing Communications"

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 3 years ago

Nades wrote: I what does everyone think of headers? They're looking a little OP at the moment to me.
Lot's of wingplay from me also. I think the crossing has improved along with the movement in the box, probably not overpowered I'd say but definitely seeing more headers now. There's a lot more curl now meaning you don't need that extra yard to get the ball around the fullback.
Shales wrote: Used to have an independent shop where I live years ago that used to sell me PES on the Wednesday if it was out on Friday. Sounds much like yours ;) sadly it went under as soon as Game showed up :(
Same here. He wasn't impressed once when I asked him whilst someone from Electronics Boutique was in for a chat. That said, as soon as one place started selling it everyone else did back then. I once did a lunchtime run with four people from my old work when we heard the Woolies in the next town had released it a couple of a days early.

Shales

itstroff wrote: I once did a lunchtime run with four people from my old work when we heard the Woolies in the next town had released it a couple of a days early.
Haha, great days. I used to pick up 2 or 3 copies from my "source". Had a good run of years doing that. I'm sure all the PS2 games upto PES 6. That's when the shop closed down.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

Just finished another mega-session playing Arsenal vs. Barcelona on Super Star, and the AI's Busquets got sent off twice in two matches. Also, in the second game, Mascherano, Alba, Turan and Rakitic all ended up with yellows.

I honestly can't remember the last time this happened! :great:
✅ 🐦 💟

Nades
Professional
Professional

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

Ok I couldnt wait so I downloaded the demo. Gonna give it a go now.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

Nades wrote: Ok I couldnt wait so I downloaded the demo. Gonna give it a go now.
Looking forward to reading your thoughts. :-)

If you want my recommendation, try playing with Arsenal against Barcelona at Camp Nou on Super Star difficulty. 10-minute matches obviously!
✅ 🐦 💟

Nades
Professional
Professional

Ok, so here are my thoughts after around 5-6 games:

• Graphics are brilliant and another step up from the previous games.

• Animations are possibly the first thing I noticed. They really are fantastic; everything from shooting to passing and when the players are getting taken down.

• Refs are a huge improvement. The AI got a red in the last game I played.

• Superstar is definitely harder which I'm seriously happy about, every game has been solid. Will need a load more game time to know for sure though. Need more time to judge this first.

• Oppisition AI are brilliant, every game they have played different and the end game stats have been extremely varied.

• FINALLY they've improved keepers, they make some amazing saves and the animations are the best I've ever seen in a football game. This could change after more time with the game though, but I think they'll be at least good enough this year.

• Manuel is the way to play this game. 1 bar pass assist is too much, they need to make it somewhere inbetween manual and 1 bar. Not sure if I will be able to get used to manuel, but I hope I can. Also anything more than 1 bar is really not worth being in the game.

• Player ID is absolutely brilliant, you really feel the difference between each player. One of my favourite things in PES games and its been imrpoved again.

• Player faces are really good as usual.

• Replays are miles better, not close to FIFA, but thankfully they're still good.

• One thing I think Konami struggle to achieve is a good atmosphere, the crowd aren't great...they're not bad but they could be a lot better. Seem a little quiet at times, theres no noise increase when you get close to goal and when you score an away goal they seem to only cheer for a couple of seconds then go quiet.

Overall I think it'll be good this year, I think it will be the best ML in a long time thanks to how good the AI are and keepers. I still need a LOT more time with the game first and can only really tell how good it is once we get the full release and are out of the 'honeymoon phase'

Also sorry for the huge post, I wanted to get everything in one post before I forgot what I wanted to say :).

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 3 years ago

Haven't had a good chance to play much, really enjoyed the games I've played.

Can hardly create a clear cut chance and I'm snatching at the times when I do get a half chance. It's kind of frustrating in a way that makes me want to play another game and give the AI the old V-sign! I'm going to try and use River Plate a lot and see if I can learn the players well enough to know how to break down the opposition. D'Alessandro really shines with his touch and passing.

I'm well happy, just about everything is better than PES 2016 and I quite liked but stopped playing after a while.

The only reservation I had was the level 1 passing felt a bit too assisted. I was hoping it would have been like PES 2015 which was spot on for me. Maybe the speed of the passes could be slower. No deal breaker though.

tommobfc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by tommobfc » 3 years ago

Great post Nades.

I too think it will be a great ML. Back in the PES 3/4/5/6 days I used to do countless seasons in ML and never get bored at all. Last time I had that feeling with PES was about 2013. This year I cannot wait to start with the originals and build a side.
Bury FC

Nades
Professional
Professional

Thanks, and yeah I may end up making 2 ML saves. One with the ML players and one with a top team.

Also forgot to mention that I love how the ball and players dont feel like they're on rails anymore, its really unpredictable where the ball will go.

bestlloyd
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Swansea CITY

Post by bestlloyd » 3 years ago

This demo is great guys.My only fear is that it's way to hard to score,not for a lot of us who like the challenge but for the kid's who like to score a lot of goals.Now i'v been playing pes since the very first game and have got to say this is the very best one,the feeling you get when you score a goal is brilliant. Only fear i'v got is will there be any changes when thay bring the full game out,we all know Konami have a habit of messing things up when it comes to final release,but jus pray this year nothing goes wrong.

Nades
Professional
Professional

Thats what im worried about. The game is really good and needs to be left as it is.

Shales

Nades & Bestlloyd

I don't think we have anything to fear this year. The game has largely stayed the same since the early build I was able to play in June. And from all the responses I've seen, I don't actually think I've seen that many negative at all. The only ones I see is the usual "PES is shit, FIFA's better" which I'm not going to get into at all (crazy)

I've played the demo a lot, and I mean a lot! I've definitely played more games than I have score goals. I am very happy with that. I'll continue to play it until the full game is released because I don't think I'll ever be spanking Barca on Superstar by more than 3 goals. If people want that in a game then to me they are pretty strange. I don't think Konami at going to listen to people who want that.