📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2017 Demo Discussion

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Re: PES 2017 Demo Discussion

Post by Walker2o » 2 years ago

Shales wrote:
Walker2o wrote: It's not as sensitive as i thought it would be but still punishing enough if you aren't paying attention.
Yes, this exactly. I find you really have to switched on 100%. No slouching back in the sofa. It's sit on the edge of the seat stuff. I find I start off each game just making short simple passes to get a feel of the direction. Very realistic, as in not instantly spreading a diagonal ball to a winger.
The amount of times I had to just hoof the ball out of defence before I panicked was staggering :lol: I found myself passing it around the defence and midfield more as I was reluctant to give up possession. In turn that led me to keeping my players in position when defending and not running around like a headless chicken. Overall a much more enjoyable game, just too short for my taste. I like to have it take the same amount of time to run up the park as it does in real life, not a pass every 10 seconds as it is in the game. Looking forward to release now.

What got me was that defensive headers are very difficult to direct and more often than not went straight up the park. A few times I wanted the ball headed down to the other centre half. Very rewarding when you pull off a little knockdown from the striker which seems to be easier.

PSN: Walker2k7

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 2 years ago

Here is my best manual go so far.

[youtube]ijkv9oS6Fas[/youtube]
Last edited by Shales on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 2 years ago

Shales wrote: Here is my best manual go so far.

[Youtube]
[/Youtube]

Cracking effort mate! The heartbreak I felt after missing my tiki-taka chance was devastating.

£5 you celebrated that as if Arsenal had just scored?
PSN: Walker2k7

Shales

Walker2o wrote:
Shales wrote: Here is my best manual go so far.

[Youtube]
[/Youtube]

Cracking effort mate! The heartbreak I felt after missing my tiki-taka chance was devastating.

£5 you celebrated that as if Arsenal had just scored?
Thanks! I definitely punched the air!

MotherHen
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 2 years ago

Regarding injuries, that's one thing i miss. Crippling someone from behind and having them stretchered off. The injury ratings worked as well in PES 5/6. A Dirk Kuyt was a A and was unbreakable! While a Owen or a Jenas would be a C. A hard tackle from behind would see them stretchered off never to return! :)
"Establishing Communications"

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 2 years ago

I know everyone talks a bit too much about the 'old PES feeling', like it was some kind of gaming utopia, but I am getting a bit of that in the demo. Specifically the way it felt hard to score when moving to the new game. Also I'm liking when dribbling with better players you can wriggle out of tight situations again. Even shifting the ball to get a better angle or to move it to the stronger foot feels a lot tighter and like you have more control.
Shales wrote: Not sure if it's a bug, but sometimes I find my striker doesn't even jump for the ball on Manual shooting.
Hasn't that been a problem on release since they moved to the new engine?

bestlloyd
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Swansea CITY

Post by bestlloyd » 2 years ago

I'v got to say boys we all talk about the old pes games,and how good thay were to me pes 4 5 and 6 were great games.But even these games had Thayer faults,and time has moved on, if you go back know and play these games thay feel so dated.know I know that the pes games the last couple years have been very poor,but saying that pes 2016 wasn't a bad game if the keepers and the referees were up to the standard of this game I would have been very happy.And the thing now is that we must look to the future,we can all see where konami are going and hopefully the next few years will be good ones.Now I know everyone is raving on about this demo,me being one of them but i know for a fact that people are going to find faults with this game,but the thing is we are never going to have the perfect football game because otherwise people are not going to buy these games it would just be a matter of people buying option files every year.

Shales

itstroff wrote: Hasn't that been a problem on release since they moved to the new engine?
Yes I think there has always been issues. I only started experimenting with manual last year, but I do recall reading issue back when PES2014 came out. Last year felt OK though, but that might have been patched before I started using manual.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 2 years ago

Just won two penalties in two consecutive matches... and I would've won a third if Mascherano was a split second slower with his last-ditch challenge! :-D

Plus, in another match, my Cech made 9(!) saves, most of which would never have happened last year.

CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. NEXT. WEEK.
Last edited by Mike on Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✅ 🐦 💟

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 2 years ago

Keepers really do make this game more enjoyable. Pull off some amazing saves with brilliant animations.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades