📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2017 Demo Discussion

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Re: PES 2017 Demo Discussion

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

I did play a good handful of games last night. Gonna leave it now as I want to wait for the full release. Really enjoyed it even though I only scored a few goals. Like how difficult it is, and the AI are fantastic, they score some amazing goals too.

XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 3 years ago

Guys that have been playing on manual;

Have you had to drop down the difficulty or what difficulty have you been playing on?

Superstar on Type 1 is what I have been playing, will dabble with manual shooting and passing this week.
PSN: Walker2k7

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Walker2o wrote: Guys that have been playing on manual;

Have you had to drop down the difficulty or what difficulty have you been playing on?

Superstar on Type 1 is what I have been playing, will dabble with manual shooting and passing this week.
Yes, I've dropped down to Top Player for Manual. It's still very challenging. I don't see it as that much of a drop down in difficulty. I mainly play against Boca because I like that they attack you. They are still a ruthless going forward but I find you can take the ball from them a bit easier. It took me about 6 games to score a goal against them!
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

Post by MotherHen » 3 years ago

Actually able to download the demo now on my 360. Whoever thought it was a good idea to make it exclusive for gold members for a week needs whipping.
"Establishing Communications"

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

Just played two games (i have to work tonight now i have the demo. Typical) and its a massive improvement on last year. Referees are not blind and the goalies actually move. :D

I noticed on the 360 demo that there's no Neu Somme Stadium, No removing shirt for Neymar, No tunnel entrance... Maybe its a good job im upgrading. :)

Also, the crossing in this game in glorious.

Nades
Professional
Professional

Post by Nades » 3 years ago

They need to stop making it for the older consoles, it'll only hold the game back.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

I agree but, it must still be selling enough copies surely? I never thought that 2017 would be on old gen...

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 3 years ago

MotherHen wrote: I agree but, it must still be selling enough copies surely? I never thought that 2017 would be on old gen...
Konami have always been very loyal to the older consoles. I seem to recall PES 2014 turned out to be the last-ever game that was released for the PS2. :-D

Also, don't forget PES is a worldwide game and not everyone can afford a PS4/XB1.
✅ 🐦 💟

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Outside of the graphics the PS3 games has more to offer than the PS4 with teams and kits and stuff. I modded the s**t out of my PC version of 2016 to have loads of stadiums, the graphics just let it down.

PS4/XB1 have had a worse time with PES than the older/apparently worse versions have.

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

Mike wrote:
MotherHen wrote: I agree but, it must still be selling enough copies surely? I never thought that 2017 would be on old gen...
Konami have always been very loyal to the older consoles. I seem to recall PES 2014 turned out to be the last-ever game that was released for the PS2. :-D

Also, don't forget PES is a worldwide game and not everyone can afford a PS4/XB1.
I used to own it :)

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

Some people on Twitter seem to think the heading is scripted?! Everything is scripted these days according to people. I like the crosses and headers in this. Can't wait to test out West Ham for an Andy Carroll bullet header. :D

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Playing this game on manual is the way to go. Yet to figure out heading but scored a couple of amazing goals and nearly finished off an excellent tiki-taka move with Barca. It's not as sensitive as i thought it would be but still punishing enough if you aren't paying attention.

Played the first game on regular and lost 0-1. Sanchez stuck a free kick in the top corner. CPU made 0 fouls.

Second game was a 2-0 win so bumped up to top player.

Drew 0-0 with Boca as Atletico (Has anyone else noticed Atleticos name is blurry in the pre match screens?)

Then won 2-0 against Arsenal as I hit them on the counter attack, CPU actually tackled for a change but couldn't capitalise on any set pieces.

This game is excellent, PESUniverse are hinting at something special with their option file. Bundesliga on Day 1 I think.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 3 years ago

Any injuries yet? Not seen one yet in a few of games. Sure the option is defaulted on in the settings

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

itstroff wrote: Any injuries yet? Not seen one yet in a few of games. Sure the option is defaulted on in the settings
None against CPU, even with crunching loads of people with Atletico to try and get someone injured. PvP had a couple go off for treatment.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Walker2o wrote: It's not as sensitive as i thought it would be but still punishing enough if you aren't paying attention.
Yes, this exactly. I find you really have to switched on 100%. No slouching back in the sofa. It's sit on the edge of the seat stuff. I find I start off each game just making short simple passes to get a feel of the direction. Very realistic, as in not instantly spreading a diagonal ball to a winger.

Added in 3 minutes 30 seconds:
Walker2o wrote: Yet to figure out heading
Not sure if it's a bug, but sometimes I find my striker doesn't even jump for the ball on Manual shooting. Or it could just be my crossing is terrible :-D Headers are great though when you do score. I love it when you header the back ontbe direction of the cross, leaving the GK rooted!
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA