First season team choice

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

First season team choice

Post by Walker2o » 11 months ago

I thought I'd begin the ML discussion on team choice. Are you going to go for a world beater or take a team to glory?

At the moment I'm stuck between putting Celtic into the Prem (which is my normal) or try something different i.e Italy or Spain. Other appealing options are Villareal or AC Milan.

What do you reckon?
PSN: Walker2k7

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: First season team choice

Post by Mike » 11 months ago

Walker2o wrote: What do you reckon?
Seeing as they're licensed and all the youngsters have preset faces, I'm going to start my first one with Arsenal. I won't move on until I've won the treble - on Super Star of course!

Immensely looking forward to ML this year. :great:
✅ 🐦 💟

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Mike wrote:
Seeing as they're licensed and all the youngsters have preset faces, I'm going to start my first one with Arsenal. I won't move on until I've won the treble - on Super Star of course!

Immensely looking forward to ML this year. :great:
I don't see you ever moving on lad.... I'm hoping it's a lot harder to sign world class players helping to add difficulty and years onto a career.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 11 months ago

If it was me, I'd stick Celtic in the championship and work me way into the Prem. Build up a bit of cash then hopefully sign a couple good players for the start of the prem.

I expect I will experiment with Arsenal, get to grips with the new ML, then start a proper game with a custom team using default. My problem is I never want to sell Arsenal players or replace them. I'm still undecided on what to do.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 11 months ago

Walker2o wrote: I don't see you ever moving on lad....
To be honest, if the retail version is as challenging as the demo, you may be right! :lol:
Shales wrote: My problem is I never want to sell Arsenal players or replace them.
Looking back, I've found the only way I'm able to let go of players is after they've cost me in big matches - open-goal misses mostly.
✅ 🐦 💟

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Shales wrote:
If it was me, I'd stick Celtic in the championship and work me way into the Prem. Build up a bit of cash then hopefully sign a couple good players for the start of the prem.

I expect I will experiment with Arsenal, get to grips with the new ML, then start a proper game with a custom team using default. My problem is I never want to sell Arsenal players or replace them. I'm still undecided on what to do.
I like to do that. The last game however had a lot of fixtures and none of them organised very well which tended to get frustrating. A problem FIFA has had as well of course. If the scheduling is better a 50 game season could be a good shout. I don't like losing the European football though :(

All depends on how good the faces are I suppose. I would like to do a Liverpool one though, or move there during the seasons.

Marshall2000_uk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Marshall2000_uk » 11 months ago

I am gonna start as Flamengo and try win the Brasilian League. Something I didn't even attempt last year. Gutted there's no Copa Libertadores though. That's spoiled it a little for me. I'd planned to do all the South American Leagues and try and win this tournament as well.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Marshall2000_uk wrote: I am gonna start as Flamengo and try win the Brasilian League. Something I didn't even attempt last year. Gutted there's no Copa Libertadores though. That's spoiled it a little for me. I'd planned to do all the South American Leagues and try and win this tournament as well.
I was thinking about doing one in South America but not having a competition to play in kind of detracts from it at bit.

Can you do an ML with one of the clubs from Asia?

CThrash13
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by CThrash13 » 11 months ago

Do they not even have a fake Copa Libertadores? I figured they'd at least put the event in even if it didn't have the name.

I'm still contemplating getting the game, but if I do, I can definitely see myself picking a Brazilian team and going through that league since it's fully licensed. Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 is also an option. I'll probably save the Bundesliga, Premier League, and MLS stuff for FIFA.

Marshall2000_uk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Marshall2000_uk » 11 months ago

Someone on another forum said there was no Copa Libertadores in any shape or form.

Also no league for the Asian clubs, just AFC Champions League which is a shame.

Added in 8 minutes 1 second:
I might be wrong. Found this on another forum

SOUTH AMERICAN COMPETITIONS:

Campeonato Americano
Club International Cup
Copa Argentina/Brazil/Chile
Argentina Super Cup.

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Above was me. I got the game today. There is plenty of south american competitions.

goldmu1e
Reserve
Reserve

Post by goldmu1e » 11 months ago

My copy has arrived today!! And I have 2 days off
Will look at the default ml scrubbers
you can die a hero but your still dead

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 11 months ago

I will be creating a custom team, the Fire Breathing Kittens, and taking them from the Championship in place of dirty Leeds, to the heights of Europa League glory... I don't want to aim too high too soon :)
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

ukexplicit1984 wrote: I will be creating a custom team, the Fire Breathing Kittens, and taking them from the Championship in place of dirty Leeds, to the heights of Europa League glory... I don't want to aim too high too soon :)
:lol: A man can dream. Do you make your own kits?

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

Post by Missingno1990 » 11 months ago

Still undecided. Definitely a 2nd tier team, though.

Had a mess about on ML this morning with Atalanta, and it seems like a massive step forward. CPU players aren't all stuck on Lvl.1 youth prospect/leader/legend/etc.

Market seemed active, but not overly so. Throwing in a player trade or two seems like a good method of getting rid of some ageing players.

And the CPU had so much variety, and adapted multiple times during the match. Definitely looks like the gameplay side will stay fresher for longer.