Your Master League

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

Re: Your Master League

Post by djwavfc » 7 years ago

I finally finished season 3 in my Portsmouth master league. I managed to finish 5th but for some reason I am in a champions league playoff against PSV.

Semi final of the FA Cup and won the Europa league

Remarkably I jumped up from the bottom of the club rankings 160 places to 11th!!! Is this a record?

graday
Regular
Regular

Post by graday » 7 years ago

Season 4 i think? - Won everything.

Last season i struggled in the league - finished 4th, but fluked the FA Cup - and owned the UCL.

This year... Took the supercup 1-0, as with the club world cup in December. Bought Ronaldo in january - £54m from Arsenal (don't judge me) and smashed the rest of the season from there. Finished clear at the top of the league with Ronaldo bringing Sturridge to life (top scorer in EPL and UCL, Ronaldo assist leader in both).

I have Ozil, Canales, Sturridge, Giovinco, Shimizu, Shaqiri, Rodwell, Veron (youth) and others - but they couldn't play together effectively, in any arrangement. Ronaldo has brought them to life. I may need to trim my team now as i have too many... But who to cut? Shimizu was the one i decided to let go - but he's been amazing. Then Giovinco, but he has turned his game around too.... Literally nobody is playing bad. May just keep them all for the time being, unless an offer makes my mind up for me?

Received a £60m offer from inter last summer, for Sturridge - but turned it down as it was too late for me to replace him. He was invaluable then on, which lead to me refusing a £68m offer from AC Milan in January... Expecting bigger offers this time? Sell, or not?

May have to let go of my captain, Lahm. EPOTY - but Santon's stats are dwarfing his now... If he goes then Gibbs has a guaranteed spot at LB, and my youth's get more chances...
http://twitter.com/Graham_Day
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."[/size] - Dom Toretto, The Fast And The Furious

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 7 years ago

You could probably get someone else in, who is just as good, for a much lower cost I think. When you're getting offers for Sturridge, make some of your own offers for the best strikers around - not quite sure on who you could get though! ;)

Haha, I hate letting captains go. But I find myself doing it all the time, because I like to keep my squad very, very young.

Once you're over 30, you're out! :D
✅ 🐦 💟

Rage06
Professional
Professional
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Rage06 » 7 years ago

Just played AC Milan in the Semi final (2nd leg) of the UEFA cup at their home ground. Compared to when I played them at my home ground which ended 1-1, the second leg was totally different. They attacked like mad - non stop :O, was a great match and in the end i won 0-1 and won the semi 2-1 :D

Mike
Founder
Founder

I've got about 6 games left in the season and I am only 4 points behind leaders Arsenal. The pressure is on, as I COULD win the Championship - and also, there are about 4 teams right behind me, and they're all only 2-4 points away.

Will Cardiff win their first top division title, or will they screw it up at the last hurdle? ;)
✅ 🐦 💟

graday
Regular
Regular

So then, OPE... win or lose, championships or runner up?

Just had a £92m offer for sturridge?! Sold?
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."[/size] - Dom Toretto, The Fast And The Furious

Rage06
Professional
Professional

graday wrote:So then, OPE... win or lose, championships or runner up?

SELL HIM!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Founder
Founder

graday wrote:So then, OPE... win or lose, championships or runner up?

I haven't played any PES since. But I will do some on Sunday, before I go away. I would do some tomorrow, but Arsenal duty calls again! :roll:

:D
✅ 🐦 💟

graday
Regular
Regular

Sold Sturridge for said £92,754,400 to AC Milan (bought for less than £2m). The week after i bought their front man, Rooney for a mere £44m. I've also signed their other star striker Pato for £63m, due to join in January.

That's Rooney (91OVR) and Pato (96 OVR) bought for a combined fee of £107m. Or, in other words - Sturridge (85 OVR) and £15m?! Awesome business...

I've previously bought Suarez for a couple of million (very early on) and sold him (79 OVR) for £33m - before buying Ronaldo (97 OVR) for £51m.

That means 3 of the world's best forwards: Rooney, Pato and Ronaldo have only actually cost me about £12m each (as i'm only £33-37m down, when you take profits away from expenses)... It's amazing how easily you can make money once you get given a big wedge of cash! :D

Rage06
Professional
Professional

graday wrote:Sold Sturridge for said £92,754,400 to AC Milan (bought for less than £2m). The week after i bought their front man, Rooney for a mere £44m. I've also signed their other star striker Pato for £63m, due to join in January.

That's Rooney (91OVR) and Pato (96 OVR) bought for a combined fee of £107m. Or, in other words - Sturridge (85 OVR) and £15m?! Awesome business...

I've previously bought Suarez for a couple of million (very early on) and sold him (79 OVR) for £33m - before buying Ronaldo (97 OVR) for £51m.

That means 3 of the world's best forwards: Rooney, Pato and Ronaldo have only actually cost me about £12m each (as i'm only £33-37m down, when you take profits away from expenses)... It's amazing how easily you can make money once you get given a big wedge of cash! :D
Now that is what i call GOOD BUSINESS! :ugeek:

Patrick
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Patrick » 7 years ago

I'm Hull City, five star.

I turned down a £40m bid for Kagawa in January from Barca (second season - won Championship by miles last season :)). There's only about 5 games left, and I'm only like 4 points off leaders Man United!
Mannone

Coleman Zayatte Palmeiri Kilbane

Rodwell Cleverley

Albrighton Kagawa Elia

Carroll
Palmeiri and Carroll are 90 OVR. All the rest are 80+ except for Kilbane (71 I think :P). I have Veron and Henry's regens on the bench. I'm getting Beckham and Kovacic (God in my MK Dons Football Manager Handheld game). I have around £15,000,000 in the bank. Well set up for a successful career.
'I've done my best to give you nothing less than perfectness...'

Mike
Founder
Founder

How is Manonne? I had him last year in PES, but "dropped" him because he went out to Hull City on loan, in real life.
✅ 🐦 💟

Patrick
Beginner
Beginner

Meh, he's aright

btw welcome back :)

Mike
Founder
Founder

Okay. I don't think I'll try and buy him for my Cardiff ML team then! ;)

I've already got Heaton who stands at 82 already - I wouldn't imagine Manonne would be better than that?
✅ 🐦 💟

Patrick
Beginner
Beginner

Oh he would :D