📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Your Master League

Lord_Minkle
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Your Master League

Post by Lord_Minkle » 7 years ago

onlyproevo wrote:Still waiting to choose a team for my new ML - maybe Feyenoord but I'm not sure yet. Could mix up the leagues to make European leagues (I usually do it, even though it takes a little while but I don't exactly want to play Eredivise teams - no offence!).

And also, a quick question; Has anyone ever been stupid enough to promote Palmieri to their first team? :lol:
Yeah haha, he's got decent stats but he was useless for me after one season, he peaks way too early

graday
Regular
Regular

Post by graday » 7 years ago

Stupid enough?! He always gets promotion for me... Though he's whiny this year.

I loaned him out for the second season, then he came back a better man. Up to 87 on my ps3 ML. I don't like him as much this year, but he was A.Ma.Zing last year.

Just started my 360 ML with United's normal squad. First time in years that i won't be using the defaults... Simply becuase i don't have the time to build it up as i normally do, as i'm using my PS3/Vice City ML as my main PES fix.

Time to flog Neville, buy a keeper, and hold on to Giggs and Scholes for as long as possible. Could sell and cash in - but i don't need the money. Sentiment wins.
http://twitter.com/Graham_Day
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."[/size] - Dom Toretto, The Fast And The Furious

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by djwavfc » 7 years ago

onlyproevo wrote:Still waiting to choose a team for my new ML - maybe Feyenoord but I'm not sure yet. Could mix up the leagues to make European leagues (I usually do it, even though it takes a little while but I don't exactly want to play Eredivise teams - no offence!).

And also, a quick question; Has anyone ever been stupid enough to promote Palmieri to their first team? :lol:

I did that with Ajax a few years back. A fun ML. :P

I didn't promote Palmieri :mrgreen:

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 7 years ago

Jesus... Although thinking about it, you must have had Thomas Vermaelen in your side? ;)
✅ 🐦 💟

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

I think I eventually sold him to Arsenal lol

graday
Regular
Regular

Ok... My plan of keeping Giggs and Scholes going died instantly. Giggs gets a 2-3 month injury at the end of the 3rd week in. Doh!

He was top of the assist chart too. :(
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."[/size] - Dom Toretto, The Fast And The Furious

Mike
Founder
Founder

Haha, that's still pretty impressive though, Graham. Have they announced their plans to retire at the end of the season, or are you going to push them for another year? :D
✅ 🐦 💟

graday
Regular
Regular

Another year? - I want to keep them until they're on zimmers... :D I'm really loving having them actually. I can never afford them in MLs when i use the defaults. I start with no funds, and by the time they're on my radar, they're 38ish - and overpaid for their abilities, so not worth it.

Just bought Canales in as a Giggs-esque youth (left footed passer basically). Have him on my other ML too, so i know what to expect. Wanted Ozil instead (also have him on ym other ML), but Real weren't budging...

Rooney, isn't as free-scoring as he is on my PS3 - but that's OK cos Nani and Berbatov are proving to be a great pair with the Bulgarian finding the net regularly. Valencia is decent - first time i've really played with him. Rafael is great at surging forward, but leaves me short at the back. He's the reason we went 2-0 down against Man City (of all teams) in our first game... Luckily Berba saved us a point with two late strikes.

Trying to decide who to cut in order to trim the wage bill - with Neville, O'shea and and Evans most likely to be dropped. Also, Bebe, Obertan, Carrick and Hargreaves will probably make way for one or two decent MFs.

My team will be built around Nani, Rooney, Valencia and Anderson going forward (with Anderson not guarnateed to feature)... My main transfer target is Bale, as i've never used him either. I'm going to develop smalling over time to replace Ferdy, though i'm tempted into buying the strangely accessible Pique from Barca too...

ML with money. A strange concept for me... :lol:

Mike
Founder
Founder

Haha, I love it. It's weird that when your players reach 35+ years of age, they demand incredibly high wages - surely they should settle for less and see out their contract at the club who has supported them for so long? I guess not! :D

I've always wanted Bale too, but have never had the chance to sign him. He even sees the brighter light and leaves Spurs, but Inter/Barcelona never want to sell him - even though it seems that he NEVER starts for them. Greedy bastards! ;)
✅ 🐦 💟

graday
Regular
Regular

I hears ya.

"Struggling to hold down a first team place"... then... "Wasn't interested in competing for places."

Huh? I have one recognised LB - the other lierally has one foot, but has been clinically dead for 2 years... AND, has only played 1 game... even then only out of necessity because of suspension/injury. Barca have 19 LBs? WHAT?!

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

My Villa team

----------------Guzan

-----------Savic --- Jones

Walker ----- Rodwell ------- Bertrand

Moses ------------- Hamsik --- Hazard
--------- Ternalbao
--------------------- Agbonlahor

:mrgreen:

Mike
Founder
Founder

How is Rodwell? I've always been tempted to buy him but he's always been a lot of money. Is he really THAT good?
✅ 🐦 💟

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Will » 7 years ago

My West Ham team: (currently number 1 in PL after 10 rounds on top player)

----------------------------------------------------------Green-------------------------------------------------

Jacobsen (bought a replacement, but been outstanding)--------Upson-----------Manuel Da Costa or Tomkins---------Wayne Bridge

Miyaichi-------------------------Parker-----------------------Hitzlsperger----------------------------Victor Obinna

-------------------------------------------Demba Ba-----------------Matri---------------------------------------------------

Very fun team to play with. My two strikers Matri and Demba Ba, have been absolutely outstanding. Demba Ba has scored 10 goals in the league, and scored in every game expect one.
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Will » 7 years ago

mycrashaccount wrote:My Villa team

----------------Guzan

-----------Savic --- Jones

Walker ----- Rodwell ------- Bertrand

Moses ------------- Hamsik --- Hazard
--------- Ternalbao
--------------------- Agbonlahor

:mrgreen:
Awesome team, Crash. If you want a good Victor Moses build, have a look here: :D
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

onlyproevo wrote:How is Rodwell? I've always been tempted to buy him but he's always been a lot of money. Is he really THAT good?
been good for me. I have him sitting there in front of the two CBs as I have my fullbacks pushed up far forward. He's kinda like an advanced Cb... 8-)

@Fabresass cool thanks but I'm not really too picky about the faces and stuff :D

I sold Guzan by the way in January and I think it's Abdoulaye Diallo from Rennes in goal now... Will post my whole squad at the start of next season.