The ONLY Complaints Thread

01srainey
Super Sub
Super Sub

Re: The ONLY Complaints Thread

Post by 01srainey » 6 years ago

My biggest complain about PES 2011 is the graphics. Up close on replays, it's a glorious looking game. But no one plays with a camera that close. Like most people (I assume) I play on wide-cam, and it's just not good enough. The players are too edgey and are far from being clear and smooth. I think it's quite disgraceful how a game franchise that is 4 (5 if you count PES 6 on 360) years into these consoles it's just not on.

If this issue isn't resolved in PES 2012, I will be extremely fustrated and it could easily be the end of my PES playing days.

Stefwani
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Stefwani » 6 years ago

Hey guys thought I would add my own rant about PES :D

The penalties need to go back to what they used to be they are simply annoying.

The referees are stupid! Sometimes you can clearly get the ball with a slide tackle and the ref gives a foul also pressing X and getting the ball does this too. Not to mention sometimes when I actually have the ball and running down the line he somehow fouls the player chasing him or after you have passed the ball the opponent runs into you and loses his balance and it results in a free kick.

Shirt pulling seems to be only available to opposition players for example you are running with Walcott who to be fair should never be caught by defenders with 70-80 speed they catch you up grab hold of your shirt you try and shoot in the box and it goes terribly wide.

You should be able to pick what players you want in the box on free kicks and corners not just picking your defenders your midfielders too and strikers and being able to position them in the box where you would like them to be. Some set plays my biggest defender and striker were outside the box which is no good.

Diving headers seem to be the hardest way to score perfect height player goes for a diving header and never really makes contact just lands where he jumped from. Also sometimes how trying a diving header you somehow concede a foul when you hit the opposition player in the box lol crazy stuff :evil:

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by djwavfc » 6 years ago

To be honest I'm not really that bothered about graphics and would rather Konami focus on improving the actual game, rather than making it look nice... :P

With penalties the system they have is good, better than it just being random and I much prefer it to fifas system. Just a bit of a tweak and as I keep saying the camera needs to be behind the player. :P

Refs - yes - need to be fixed. I know we want realism and refs in real life make mistakes. But lets be honest. I think most of us would want refs to be perfect and I think in the game they should always make the right decision. If it's a foul it's a foul. If it's a great tackle then it's not a foul. :P

Shirt pulls really does annoy me. And they need to fix the speed problems. The speed stats are completely pointless... :(

Yeah we should be able to pick what player we want in the box and all that stuff. Also there needs to be a button to call a player for the short corner...

01srainey
Super Sub
Super Sub

I understand peoples fustrations about the gameplay and wanting that to be the primary focus for improvement. But when I'm sitting there in front of my new LED tv and I'm seeing these edgey players that are reminiscent of a playstation 1 game, it just drives me mad.

Rage06
Professional
Professional
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Rage06 » 6 years ago

01srainey wrote:I understand peoples fustrations about the gameplay and wanting that to be the primary focus for improvement. But when I'm sitting there in front of my new LED tv and I'm seeing these edgey players that are reminiscent of a playstation 1 game, it just drives me mad.
Yup feel exactly the same way. Pes2010 looks better on my led :(

01srainey
Super Sub
Super Sub

I'm going home tonight to play PES 6 on the 360 and see what it is like compared to PES 11.

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by djwavfc » 6 years ago

fair enough. Graphics just don't really bother me that much :D

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Graphics would not of been a bother for me 2-3years ago. but as technology is moving forward games are becoming more mature and solid, graphics wise. + with FIFA looking really good on wide cam, at first look new comers will go play the shiny game :P.
Love the gameplay on PES, with a resolution update and an all around texture/lighting upgrade it would-be even better to play/look at, on a gorgeous 55inch led tv

01srainey
Super Sub
Super Sub

Rage06 wrote:Graphics would not of been a bother for me 2-3years ago. but as technology is moving forward games are becoming more mature and solid, graphics wise. + with FIFA looking really good on wide cam, at first look new comers will go play the shiny game :P.
Love the gameplay on PES, with a resolution update and an all around texture/lighting upgrade it would-be even better to play/look at, on a gorgeous 55inch led tv
Exactly, it is the norm for games to look fantastic nowadays.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 6 years ago

I still can't complain playing PES on my 42" HD TV, especially since I moved from my 32" standard TV!
✅ 🐦 💟

01srainey
Super Sub
Super Sub

onlyproevo wrote:I still can't complain playing PES on my 42" HD TV, especially since I moved from my 32" standard TV!
You playing it at 720p or 1080p?

Huge difference from your 32"?

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 6 years ago

I'm pretty certain it's at 1080p.

And yes, of course. I can actually read my player ratings (86, 76, etc) now!
✅ 🐦 💟

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Stefwani wrote:The penalties need to go back to what they used to be they are simply annoying.
True that :ugeek:

Think this is definitely getting fixed though, Jon Murphy had a lot of feedback from the community abou this. And i told him as well when we went to play the PES 2011 beta :)

AlanWENB
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by AlanWENB » 6 years ago

PES2011 is great in fits and bursts but the game lacks the sure footed-ness of the PS2 classics. When it does click however it is a joy but the problem is that when it is ugly it is seriously ugly!

Rage06
Professional
Professional

AlanWENB wrote:PES2011 is great in fits and bursts but the game lacks the sure footed-ness of the PS2 classics. When it does click however it is a joy but the problem is that when it is ugly it is seriously ugly!
True say, its not consistent like the ps2 days.