The ONLY Complaints Thread

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Re: The ONLY Complaints Thread

Post by Will » 6 years ago

AlanWENB wrote:PES2011 is great in fits and bursts but the game lacks the sure footed-ness of the PS2 classics. When it does click however it is a joy but the problem is that when it is ugly it is seriously ugly!
I couldn't agree more. I'm still wondering why they changed some of the animations - take the goalkick animation as an example. It was perfect all the way up until PES 2010 where they decided to mess it up, as well as the penalties. Also, I think the player animations are way too slow. Even if you're controlling a CB, he's a professional footballer, he can make a normal turn with the ball, without it taking 5 seconds! Also, they've removed stuff from the earlier games, that were perfect (players clothes getting dirty, advantage rule etc etc etc), why? It seems to me, they've removed alot of things, solely because FIFA has put it into their games. :(

I still love PES, but some of their disposals the last couple of years have been very strange..

PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 6 years ago

Speaking on goal kicks. They NEED to make it so you can kick it either side of the goal. If you go short, you can only pass it to one person. Like FIFA, you should be able to pass it left and right, as well as straight ahead.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Lord_Minkle
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Lord_Minkle » 6 years ago

Fabresass wrote:
AlanWENB wrote:PES2011 is great in fits and bursts but the game lacks the sure footed-ness of the PS2 classics. When it does click however it is a joy but the problem is that when it is ugly it is seriously ugly!
I couldn't agree more. I'm still wondering why they changed some of the animations - take the goalkick animation as an example. It was perfect all the way up until PES 2010 where they decided to mess it up, as well as the penalties. Also, I think the player animations are way too slow. Even if you're controlling a CB, he's a professional footballer, he can make a normal turn with the ball, without it taking 5 seconds! Also, they've removed stuff from the earlier games, that were perfect (players clothes getting dirty, advantage rule etc etc etc), why? It seems to me, they've removed alot of things, solely because FIFA has put it into their games. :(

I still love PES, but some of their disposals the last couple of years have been very strange..
Too true on those features. In some ways I'm hoping 2012 is like a greatest hits version, with some of those features making a return.

vextox
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by vextox » 6 years ago

I hope Konami will allowing editing of Ligue 1 and dutch league in future edition.

Mike
Founder
Founder

vextox wrote:I hope Konami will allowing editing of Ligue 1 and dutch league in future edition.
I can't see it happening. They never allow you to edit licensed teams, so I don't see them changing their mind soon.

Although I remember being able to edit the licensed teams in PES 6, using the PESFan Editor - but I haven't used anything since.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

graday
Regular
Regular

Post by graday » 6 years ago

Quick complaint... "Fair enough, Ref, I slid. But the fact that i took the ball, hooked my feet around it and practially kept hold of it with my toes before standing up, with it no more than an inch away from me suggests that it wasn't a foul. The man just fell as a result of a FAIR tackle!"

Rant over.
http://twitter.com/Graham_Day
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."[/size] - Dom Toretto, The Fast And The Furious

Mike
Founder
Founder

I've come to accept this is how the game is played. Along with the fact that Titus Bramble can catch up with Theo Walcott, it's an annoying and frustrating thing to see no one slide in.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

graday
Regular
Regular

It's particularly annoying for me - as I master the art of the slide. I've always had a skill when it came to utilising the disposessing slide... Not so much now. And, the barrage of replays on 2011 just adds to the fury as it shows me that what I thought was correct... FAIR TACKLE!
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."[/size] - Dom Toretto, The Fast And The Furious

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Post by Rage06 » 6 years ago

graday wrote:It's particularly annoying for me - as I master the art of the slide. I've always had a skill when it came to utilising the disposessing slide... Not so much now. And, the barrage of replays on 2011 just adds to the fury as it shows me that what I thought was correct... FAIR TACKLE!
Same here. So many times I have tackled a player and cleanly taken the ball but noooo, the ref always decides to give it as a foul :|. Once or twice it might've been ok. but the amount of times they get it wrong, its just frustrating :evil:

Lord_Minkle
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Lord_Minkle » 6 years ago

Or alternatively the ref will give a foul when you're standing back up from the tackle whilst the defender is infact running into your player ... Yes, this actually happened to me last night.

graday
Regular
Regular

I could've sworn i was the victim of a momentum issue last night... Chelsea in the FA Cup - four fair tackles went against me, whilst Ivanovic kept scything my strikers down.

Late on and they play a ball through the middle that is too heavy for Essien, it then rolls past Canales in my midfield who just won't pick it up. Soon after - they play another loose ball but I couldn't, for the life in me, choose Nani who was no more than a foot away from it - until they picked it up, then the cursor instantly switched.

In the dying minutes, i'm bursting down the right with Valencia still at 0-0 - SMACK... he gets dropped by Ivanovic yet again and the ball continues rolling along it's natrual path (so he clearly didn't touch it). No whistle. I chase the ball with Hernandez and manage to get myself to the ball in front of Ivanovic and take a touch, the Chelsea defender then runs into the back of me and stumbles. Free kick to Chelsea - when i was through, one-on-one...

Won in the end though - 8-7 on penalties. Even that felt strange - I guessed the direction right all but one of the shots, though Rui Patricio (mid 80s OVR) only stopped 1 or 2. He kept getting a touch before it went in?

SUMMARY... Don't think i was supposed to win - but did. Refereeing decisions and poor AI were combining to unprecedented levels for me (on PES 2011 anyway), which lead to a game that was just atrocious.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Haha, sounds fun Graham! Glad you won in the end as well! ;)

I remember in the PES 6 days, I used to restart my console when games like that happened to me. :D
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Will » 6 years ago

I have tried that so many times in PES 2011 as well, and even though you could have frustrating games back in the PS-2 days, PES 11 has really taken frustration to a whole new level. Seems like the game decides whether it wants you to win or lose sometimes :evil: :D
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Gods own sniper
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Gods own sniper » 6 years ago

I've been playing PES 2011 since the day it arrived on my doormat in October last year and I'm as baffled now as I was then at the online scoring system for exhibition games. I go on 6,7 game winstreaks on a regular basis and on average gain around 20-30 points max for that run, I then can draw or lose 1 game and can lose upto 17 points!!??? How on earth do they work it out as a fair way of scoring? I feel like I'm being punished for being an half decent player of the game. I was just on 639 points, I lost to a div 1 player on 570 points and it cost me 17 points, it's so frustrating that all your hard work is wiped out in 1 game. Rant over!!