Weightlifting/bodybuilding

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Weightlifting/bodybuilding

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

Who here enjoys chucking weights around as a hobby/lifestyle? I'd consider myself as fun/serious bodybuilder. That means I take it seriously with strict diet etc but I only do it for personal challenges. I'm not competing or anything like that.

Anyway, if you lift, I'd like to hear some training methods, diet tips, goals etc. and maybe swap a bit of knowledge, experiences, supps pros and cons.

You get the idea.

Hope there are a few Evo players/weightlifters in OPE.

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Re: Weightlifting/bodybuilding

Post by Flash11 » 4 years ago

Wahheeyyy theres more than me, Im a personnal trainer currently embarking on a bodybuilding journey, hope to compete within the next 2-4 years. Im currently doing a 4 day split with two cardio and 1 stretching day so basically every day, I just love every aspect of it from the diet ( Mine has been shocking this week with all the easter eggs). Im currently just using usn whey protein, mass gainer and the usuals creatine bcaa's. It also helps me that i train in the gym owned by irelands strongest man and get to train with him sometimes so im learning alot that way.

Shales

Agree that you learn tons from the "pros" just being around them, even better if you get the chance to train with them. I don't have the pleasure at the moment at my current location/gym, I did a few years back.

I am just on using a mass gainer at the moment with some pre workout. Taking a bit of backward step on the supps. I have been nuts out in the past taking about everything under the sun. eg udos oil in shakes, bcaa's, creatine, prework out, casein protein and whey. Using Bodytronics juggernaut or heavyweight. it's got a bit of everything in. i think it's pretty good. personal opinion though.

Do you use pre workout? I know a lot of people say they are waste but I personally disagree. I get such a buzz from some of them and I just happen to have my best workouts while on a pre workout cycle. Even if it's just "in the head" i'll take that. Results is what we are after at the end of the day. Plus I take it before playing footy and squash. I have a great reaction to it. I buzz around with tons of stamina. using Muscle Pharm assault at the mo. My fav tried and tested is NO Xplode. I have to step back from it though now and then because i can't sleep for shit on it.

Currently training 5x5 reps/sets in my compound exercises. Trying to smash through some lingering plateaus. So far so good. Been doing that for the last 6 weeks.

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 4 years ago

Im using everything USN mainly because your man is sponsered by them so i can get it cheaper but i will be switching as soon as im finished the tub, it tastes like muck struggling to drink it. i used to take No Xplode but felt i couldnt sleep aswell and during footy i felt that after about 60-70 mins i just hit a wall as if a sugar rush had stopped just blanked so no i dont take it going to the gym once or twice felt no different really.

I find music as good a pump than any pre workout or else when im warming up on the cross trainer have my phone loaded with bodybuilding vids from youtube seems to do the trick.

Im gradually getting there i was always tonned and skinny but trying to bulk now. 6-7 meals a day, more intense workouts its tough but hopefully it will get easier my stats in jan were 11 and a half stone with 7.2 % body fat. Now im 13.2 stone with 10.1 % bodyfat just try keep the bodyfat down and well be grand. what are your stats ?

Shales

slightly off topic for a sec, how did you get 7oys file thing to work? I have tried using horizon and think I copied the new edit.bin across, although I couldn't just drag it into the right hand side section like 7oy said. I had to press "save to device" button when the edit.bin was in the main section window? Does this make sense?

I thought i done everything right but when I loaded the file, it was exactly the same as the last update. i.e lloris was CB for spurs.

Can you help?

Shales

Flash11 wrote:Im using everything USN mainly because your man is sponsered by them so i can get it cheaper but i will be switching as soon as im finished the tub, it tastes like muck struggling to drink it. i used to take No Xplode but felt i couldnt sleep aswell and during footy i felt that after about 60-70 mins i just hit a wall as if a sugar rush had stopped just blanked so no i dont take it going to the gym once or twice felt no different really.

I find music as good a pump than any pre workout or else when im warming up on the cross trainer have my phone loaded with bodybuilding vids from youtube seems to do the trick.

Im gradually getting there i was always tonned and skinny but trying to bulk now. 6-7 meals a day, more intense workouts its tough but hopefully it will get easier my stats in jan were 11 and a half stone with 7.2 % body fat. Now im 13.2 stone with 10.1 % bodyfat just try keep the bodyfat down and well be grand. what are your stats ?
I am about 14 and a half stone but only have a rough idea what my BF is. I'd say around 15-17%. That is only a guess, I am pretty lean but not super shredded. I am trying to add a bit more bulk before thinking about shredding up. i ain't what you'd call huge, I guess 14.6 stone sounds reasonably big but I am 6'2.

A 2 stone gain is pretty impressive. You always gain a bit of fat hey when bulking

I am gearing up for some lunch time squats tomorrow. Love/hate quads training. Glad when its over with.

gnomusmaximus
Beginner
Beginner

Post by gnomusmaximus » 4 years ago

Not bodybuilding (trust me i'd look horrible) but I compete in highland games and strongman.

Shales

gnomusmaximus wrote:Not bodybuilding (trust me i'd look horrible) but I compete in highland games and strongman.
Strongman hey, I am intrigued. May I ask what you pb's are for deads, squats and bench? I am fasinated by power.

gnomusmaximus
Beginner
Beginner

Worlds worst BP'er....Pull around mid 400's (200kg), squat a little less. I compete in either Master (over 40), or Lightweight (<105 or 90kg) so the weights I get to use are much less than the big boys. Still, it's kinda fun. Here are 2 vids of me from last season. the first on is a Car DL. We figure it was about 500lbs in hand. It's good to have little legs when doing pulls from a little high:

here's one of a tire flip a few weeks earlier. I think the tire (tyre) was a litttle over 600lbs:

Believe it or not I used to be a soccer player (footballer) at a decent level, for the US, so the ancient cardio seems to help me on events like that.

Shales

Looking forward to having a butchers at the videos later. I can't watch them at work.

I want to soon starting training with tyres. Maybe do a one day a week explosive power day. There isn't a lot available where I am though.

My deads are my strongest lift. My best was a single rep out of 195k (429lbs). That was about 2 years ago mind. I have stopped trying singles because of form. I do at least 5 reps per set for deads.

gnomusmaximus
Beginner
Beginner

See, I'm the opposite, the more reps I do, the more my form breaks down. For years I would do nothing higher than 3 on DL's or 5 on squats. When I started doing strongman (from Highland Games) I had to start doing more. I use the 5/3/1 system mostly. It just seems to fit my schedule (with work and kids).

I actually got into weights from football. I was an 18 year old left back already starting at my university. Back then the US university system was a good place for guys from Europe that couldn't get a pro contract to come. Most of my team was from Warsaw and Krakow. My coach was this old Pole (I think he played for Ligia Warsaw, we used to train with Adam Topolski and Peter Mowlik time to time) he told me I was too skinny and needed to lift with the weightlifters. Now I lift stuff and couldn't play a ball anywhere within 20 yards of where I wanted it. If I didn't need my left foot to stand on it would serve no purpose.

GradeACallum
Regular
Regular
Supports: Man Utd

Post by GradeACallum » 4 years ago

I don't mind going to the gym now and again but i don't body build. My Dad was a famous body builder when i was little and would love me to get into, i would far prefer to sit and play PES. lol
"Kids Come To Win, Men Come To Play The Game. The Pitch Is Ours!!!"
Twitter: @GradeA_Callum
Web: http://www.Grade-A.co.uk
Yotube: AgentBoomerang
XBl: Agent Bommerang
PSN: GradeA_Callum

Shales

GradeACallum wrote:I don't mind going to the gym now and again but i don't body build. My Dad was a famous body builder when i was little and would love me to get into, i would far prefer to sit and play PES. lol
Who is your dad? I'm intrigued. Dm me if you'd prefer not stating on here.

It's either in you or it isn't hey. It is a big like style commitment. I changed my schedule recently so that I gym during lunch. Gives me more time for pes in the eve ; )

GradeACallum
Regular
Regular
Supports: Man Utd

Post by GradeACallum » 4 years ago

My dad is Robert Mitchell. He was world champion back in the early 80's. He won loads of titles but there is very little about him on the Internet. He was very big for his size. He is only 5 foot 6 lol
"Kids Come To Win, Men Come To Play The Game. The Pitch Is Ours!!!"
Twitter: @GradeA_Callum
Web: http://www.Grade-A.co.uk
Yotube: AgentBoomerang
XBl: Agent Bommerang
PSN: GradeA_Callum

Shales

Post by Shales » 3 years ago

Toh_09 wrote:Although I am passionate about body building, I am just a beginner in this field. After stepping into this field, I came to know about many unfamiliar things. Some are encouraging and some left me with complicated riddle. One of those is related to prohormone. My trainer told me about it today. I fear about its side effect. Can anyone here suggest me something about prohormones?
I don't really know much about them, not really into anything like that.

It kind of depends what your goals are. Are you in a rush to pack on size and power? If you are young I wouldn't recommend getting into it. Your body should produce high levels of testosterone which is great for gaining size and power. A way to increase testosterone in by lifting heavy. Get deadlifting!

My advice is not to do it. But it's totally your call. I don't take any supplements and more, I used to hammer the protein, pre-workout supplements, creatine etc but now I just stick to 100% whole foods. If you eat well and train well then your gains will increase anyway. I've always stayed away from things like this and I just see it being rewarding. I like the thought of doing things the hard way, it makes it more satisfying for me.

What are your goals?