Your Favourite Live Performances

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Your Favourite Live Performances

Post by Mike » 6 years ago

Post up videos of your favourite live performances, past and present.

Here are a few of mine;

I remember watching this live on TV. It completely blew me away. But fortunately, I was able to see Muse one before and once after Glastonbury. A simply incredible band, that I urge anyone and everyone to see before they die (or Muse break up!). ;)
[youtube]koFfpeRDBU8[/youtube]

Linkin Park are probably the band that I have loved for the longest. My first album was Meteora and I've liked them ever since. This song is from their new album, and I really, really like it. It's a sound that helps me get through the day, whatever mood I am in. :-D
[youtube]CuANBAVDOTI[/youtube]

This one is from a small, but rapidly-growing band from the US. This isn't their most well known song (Listen To Your Love claims that title), but it's still a good song, and a very good performance that I really like.
[youtube]eSJPqTvMRGo[/youtube]

✅ 🐦 💟

graday
Regular
Regular

Re: Your Favourite Live Performances

Post by graday » 6 years ago

My favourite live performance has to be an unforgettable hour of Pendulum. I've seen them three times... And a shed load of other artists but the Pendulum performance at the last Gatecrasher: Summer Sound System festival was amazing for me.

Picture this... Huge lineup with the biggest dance, RnB, Hardcore, Trance, Euphoria, DnB and dubstep artists all playing... The mainstage was fairly open - and when a torrential downpour turned the field (which wasn't boarded) into a swamp security officials started to look anxious. Then, when water got into the electricals the main stage was closed indefinately (what kind of dipstick creates a stage without a real roof?!). The acts due on that stage were Hot Chip, Pendulum and someone else (i can't remember - but it was the headline act), they all threw the towel in and went home - refusing to play in a "smaller" marquee despite the fact that people had paid hundreds to be there, to see them. Except pendulum.

We were told that Pendulum would play at 7pm, not 6pm - but it'd be in the RnB tent, following Dizzee Rascal's set. It was hammering it down now, so the fields were emptying as people were looking for shelter in the marquees... Well, one marquee. When Pendulum came on and dropped their first beat... A-MA-ZING. 120,000 in a tent! The best atmosphere... EVER.

The Prodigy headlined the night before... and most people went to see them. They were amazing - but Pendulum just blew them away. Also, playing their cover of a prodigy track didn't hurt...

Essay over. But, as you can tell from the word-count... I had a really, really good time.
http://twitter.com/Graham_Day
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."[/size] - Dom Toretto, The Fast And The Furious

graday
Regular
Regular

Re: Your Favourite Live Performances

Post by graday » 6 years ago

Oh... And the wall of death when Hadouken were on stage in Manchester Central (aka G-Mex) was another of my favourites. Stood smack-bang in the middle of the crowd as we were told to split... I ended up on the front row. Been in there about 5 mintues, so my adrenaline was just kicking in...

I was stood next to this little dude who, i can only imagine, must've thought i was an extra from Braveheart... The countdown starts for the charge... 3... 2... and as soon as he said "1", i let out an almighty "AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGH"... set off at full speed, and flattend the two guys coming at me from the other direction.

My mate wanted to go later on.. So i pushed him in, and followed him with my shoulder first... not realising that he'd only gone a metre or two before being bashed backwards. I floored him, ripping his top, and severley bruised his knee. My bad.

Life stories over... for now.
http://twitter.com/Graham_Day
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."[/size] - Dom Toretto, The Fast And The Furious