Porcupine Tree

Vicarious
Warming Up
Warming Up

Porcupine Tree

Post by Vicarious » 6 years ago

Let my progressive rock wrath begin!
Porcupine Tree are a progressive rock band formed by Steven Wilson in 1987 in Hemel Hempstead, UK. Their music is difficult to categorize, being associated with both psychedelic rock and progressive rock, yet having been influenced by trance, krautrock and ambient due to Steven Wilson and Richard Barbieri's penchant for the Kosmische Musik scene of the early 1970s, led by bands such as Tangerine Dream, Neu! and Can. Since the early 2000s, their music has been leaning towards progressive metal and alternative rock.
I've been loving these guys for over two years now. Steven Wilson is definitely my idol and they're worth checking out. If they're not you're cup of tea, that's understandable. But if they are, they could definitely grow to be one of your favourite bands. If you're willing to check out their stuff, try the album In Absentia or Deadwing.

Some recommendations:

Enjoy!

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: Porcupine Tree

Post by Mike » 6 years ago

I have In Absentia on my iPhone. Admittedly, I don't listen to all of it, but there are a few songs I like - mainly because they relax me when I need to chill.

I'll definitely have to check some of their other stuff out too. That'll go on the to-do-list for tomorrow.
✅ 🐦 💟

Rage06
Professional
Professional
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Rage06 » 6 years ago

Never heard them before, thanks for the recommendation. I like it :)

Vicarious
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Vicarious » 6 years ago

Glad to hear!

They're sort of a band that I'd claim are 'the best band you've never heard of' - certainly for folks in Ireland. Not many people know them here at all. I was lucky enough to see them last October though and they were sensational. Definitely worth giving another listen to if you enjoy them! A lot of very very solid albums released.