UFC

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

UFC

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

Anyone here follow the UFC or other MMA?

What did you think of GSPs return Saturday night? I haven't looked forward to a fight as much as that for ages.

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

ReaperSL1984
Beginner
Beginner

Re: UFC

Post by ReaperSL1984 » 4 years ago

I absolutely love MMA, and yes that fight last year was one of the ones I was most hyped up for all year, I love watching GSP or Anderson Silva any chance they fight and watch almost all UFC, whether the PPV or the many other types they put on, I also have watched all The Ultimate Fighter seasons from 1 through 17 and picked up the UK vs Australia version and Brazil versions as well for some more good action...not sure about season 18 though, what with the introduction of a mixed house half women half men...sounds like a recipe for disaster to be honest. Used to watch the now defunct organisations of PRIDE, WEC and Strikeforce and pick up the odd Bellator or even more random organisations, the lower the organisation the more they look lke just another guy off the street in a Friday night brawl but that still often leads to great action via KO's or submissions so can always be good for a break from Pro Evolution Soccer lol.
I do not regret the things I have done, only those I am yet to do.

Shales

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

Good man, yeah I pretty much watch watch all the ufc and the big fights in other other orgs like bellator etc. I'll try and find the rumble Johnson v arlovski fight to watch later.

Loving this season of TUF. Next season will be pretty mad.

Have you been to any live events?

ReaperSL1984
Beginner
Beginner

I was lucky enough to get some work at Wembley Arena for the recent UFC on Fuel TV: Barao vs. McDonald, came in and did what we needed to do on the Friday and got given hard passes to come and watch the Fights from wherever we wanted the next day before working again after they had finished, to be honest I prefer watching from home, I am not sure if it was just a flat atmosphere on the night due to mainly decisions fights, or the fact that most home fighters lost (Pual Sass, Terry Etim, Che Mills) lol

ps. If you can't find the Arlovski vs Johnson fight drop me a pm ;)

Shales

I just watched the highlights. I use the mma fighting app which had a link to the highlights.

Yeah know what you mean about the uk events. I've been to 2 at the 02 and one in Newcastle. Bisping was fighting at both the 02 events but its flat for the other fights. I also went to UFC 56(or54) in Vegas. Was on holiday with mates and just happened to be an event on. Wasn't a massive follower at the time but it was amazing. Flanklin, gsp, Matt Hughes were on the card.

ReaperSL1984
Beginner
Beginner

I am uber jealous that you got to see GSP in person lol and in a fight he actually finished, not been many of those in past few years.

I'd really like to go to Canada or Brazil for an event, those crowds are knowegable and have amazing atmospheres.

Shales

Yeah GSP tko'd Sean Sherk. Was an amazing event. Franklin ko'd Nate Quarry in the main event too. GSP is still my fav fighter, even though he hasn't finished anyone for years.

I was in vegas too when GSP beat Hughes for the belt. The event was somewhere else in America but vegas was still buzzing.

Ha yeah, a lot of the UK crowds are pretty un-knowledgable. Been sat near dick heads that just shout "smash him!" and shit like that. lol

tommobfc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by tommobfc » 4 years ago

I stay up and watch all the live events and TUF :) Was also at the O2 when Bisping fought Sexyama, was GUTTED when Hardy got KO'd. Bad news about his heart now aswell.
Bury FC

Shales

Bisping Akiyama was a good fight.

Sh1t so that hardy stuff is real. I was reading stuff about "wolf heart" today on twitter but didn't know if it was serious or a muck around. I know he pulled out of the Matt Brown fight but didn't know the reason.

Sounds pretty bad then.

tommobfc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by tommobfc » 4 years ago

Hes got a double heart beat, could lead to a cardiac arrest. Having said that, he did a 'stress' test and beat the record held by a marathon runner so hes all good really but the docs wont clear him to fight cos of the risk something could happen.
Bury FC

ReaperSL1984
Beginner
Beginner

Bisping vs Akiyama was a good fight, and whilst GSP hasn't finished anyone in years the full 25 minutes of jabbing Kocheck in his eye was one of my favourite fights that year for sure. Actually preferred seeing that disrepectful guy abused badly rather than a quick KO.

Shales

I personally still really enjoy GSP fights. True, he doesn't finish anymore but watching him totally man handle Diaz for 25mins is still enjoyable for me. It seems so effortless which shows his class.

Anyone see this weeks TUF? Two great fights, great episode! I won't spoil the winners if anyone hasn't seen it.

ReaperSL1984
Beginner
Beginner

I got a little worried in the third round when Diaz started stopping GSP's takedowns and looked like connecting a few shots, but GSP got the job done as usual, won all 5 rounds in my book. Yeah I have watched the first 2 quarter finals on TUF, but also won't spoil them :-)

Shales

Just watched this weeks TUF. No spoilers, but bloody hell!

ReaperSL1984
Beginner
Beginner

Yeah what a finisher he is, Chael bigging him up saying "I was in that division for 5 years, you are a challenger for the title" lol let the guy win his next 2 fights in here first, but wow, 2 brutal KO's so far, just stunning.