The "Who Will Be Better?" Thread

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

The "Who Will Be Better?" Thread

Post by Mike » 6 years ago

This thread is simple. 8-)

Post two players that will be in PES 2012, and then the next person will answer and also give a reason why. We don't want this thread to become filled with spammy shite now, do we? ;)

The next person will pick two players (or teams), and then someone will have the chance to reply, and the cycle will continue. This should help keeping us all occupied until the game is officially released.

I'll start by kicking things off; Messi or C. Ronaldo?

Image Image

First poster back, please state which player you think will be better, and then post 2 more names up and keep the ball rolling. And don't forget to give a reason why!

✅ 🐦 💟

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Re: The "Who Will Be Better?" Thread

Post by Will » 6 years ago

Has to be Messi, hasn't it…. Won the La Liga, Champions League and the best player in the world-price. Ronaldo might have scored as many goals as him, but many of Ronaldo's are tap-ins, Messi's goals are almost always magic. And then Messi is on the front cover, this year again I think ;)

Next up: 2 players who've had their breakthrough this year:

Jack Wilshere vs Chicharito:

Image Image
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Mike
Founder
Founder

This isn't just because he gave me his boot at Fulham ( :D ), but I believe Jack Wilshere will be better. Hernandez will be very good on PES (he has a preset face too! ;) ) but Wilshere has had an incredible season for both club and country. I think the Barca home game has done enough to warrant a massive stat boost, just for the way he handled Xavi and Iniesta so well.

Theo Walcott or Aaron Lennon?
✅ 🐦 💟

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Post by Rage06 » 6 years ago

Theo Walcott, he's had his best season yet. has improved loads from the previous seasons, just hope he doesn't get injured next year and becomes one of the best :)

Torres or Suarez:

Sakdov
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Sakdov » 6 years ago

Suarez : He has really fit into the Liverpool team and adapted to the english game pretty quickly .. Can see him being huge for Liverpool next season and Torres having another terrible season (Might even put a tenner on it :D).

Giggs

or

Fabregas

graday
Regular
Regular

Post by graday » 6 years ago

Ooh... Tricky, Sakdov. My loyalty says Giggs - just because he's fought off the hands of time for so long - and was, unquestionably, a better player than Cesc this season (I'm looking at that without bias too) both on and off the pitch. :lol:

BUT... I think I'll have to go for Fab. He's on the same level as the arguably world-class Giggs, I wouldn't say that he's any better (or worse for that matter) but he has time on his side. Giggs has the skill, and vision - which you just don't lose, but he is losing the inches of pace - whereas Fab has 3-5 years left of physical development. He, scarily, still has to reach the peak of his potential. I'll assume that Fab stays, and puts ALL his efforts back into AFC (not entertaining the Catalan-courting) then he gets my vote.

Next up, as i'm a United Fan and i would like either/both...

Image or Image
http://twitter.com/Graham_Day
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."[/size] - Dom Toretto, The Fast And The Furious

Vicarious
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Vicarious » 6 years ago

Good question! I like the avatars btw (if you made them). I'd say Nasri might grab it this year, because of the season he had in the Premiership. I haven't heard of much from Sneijder all year, so I can't imagine his stats adjusting too much from last year's.

Lucas or Fletcher?

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Post by Rage06 » 6 years ago

Most definitely Lucas Leiva, he's improved so much from the previous seasons and proved he's doubters wrong. Most consistent player this season for Liverpool.

Ashley Young or Maxi Rodriguez

graday
Regular
Regular

Honestly? Young. I didn't really want him... Well, I did - but I'd have preferred an out-and-out CMF, but I still think he'll edge it. I think he can prove to be something special - he's always had a spark, but has been a bit sporadic. Playing in a top team will give him the support he needs to play a good game more frequently.

Maxi is a player i've admired for years... And have been surprised at his playing time at 'pool. A few koppites were surprised when he started on a scoring run at the end of the season, which just shows that they never really knew what he has. That said, he is aging, and is talking about a move to Argentina... So... Young for me.

Next up...

Image OR Image

(p.s. Not my images... Using pics from deviantart)
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."[/size] - Dom Toretto, The Fast And The Furious

Mike
Founder
Founder

Vidiç because Konami never rate Arsenal centre backs, no matter how good - and the fact that Vermaelen was out injured for 90% of the season last year!

Emile Heskey or Nicklas Bendtner?
✅ 🐦 💟

Vicarious
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Vicarious » 6 years ago

Haha, battle of the awful, eh Mike? :P

I'm gonna have to say Bendtner, because, while I rate neither player, I just hope to God he'll be better than Heskey on the game!

Nani or Valencia?
AND
Skrtel or Agger?

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Will » 6 years ago

As much as it hurts saying this - Nani, he has that special about him - he can turn a game on it's head on his own, a bit like Ronaldo or Messi, he's just not that good. And on the Skrtel v Agger one I'll have to go with Agger, not only because he's danish like me, but he is solid in defense, and is good with the ball unlike Skrtel. He also has a good shot on him.

Next up: Two goalies who have been in the center of attention for their amazing goalkeeping skills, and will both probably play in the Premier League next season: David de Gea v Woijcech Szczesny
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

graday
Regular
Regular

I honestly think that this will be determined by the defence, not the keepers - United have an abundance of defensive talent (at CB at least), so I'll say De Gea - but that's only 51% to 49 %. Both keepers have a lot of talent... And have a lot to prove.

If Vermaelen stays fit, and you land Cahill and/or Samba then I'm happy to revisit my decision...

Van Der Vaart or Modric?

Ps... This thread is awesome.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Van der Vaart just edges it for me. In my opinion, he is better than Modriç - despite the fact that Spurs want £328m for the Croatian. Left footed players are always better as well! ;)

Darren Bent or Dimitar Berbatov?
✅ 🐦 💟

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 6 years ago

Difficult one as Konami rate both quite high at the current time. both have also had very good seasons for clubs scoring alot of goals.

if i was to choose probly Darren Bent for the fact he plays for less of a team but still top player.

Jordan Henderson or Paul Jones?
bare in mind both have just completed big deals

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana