📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2012 Demo 1 Discussion, Impressions & Videos

High Road
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Trad Brick+Westfalen

Re: PES 2012 Demo Discussion, Impressions & Videos

Post by High Road » 8 years ago

The demo is briliant, Lavessi and Robinho are godlike, I wonder how good Messi is going to be

Chelseafan
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Chelseafan » 8 years ago

Been playing the demo quite a bit recently, but I've started to notice a few things in need of fixing before the second demo.

1. While playing a match, the opposition got to the byeline before centering the ball. Now, there is only 5 people in the box at this time, the winger and his marker, a striker in the middle and his marker, and my goalkeeper. At the time the ball is kicked, the striker is marked by my defender, and it looks like I'm safe. However, as the ball flies in the air, my defender leaves the striker for no apparent reason, and the striker taps in from about 4 yards. WTF :x

2. Another thing I've noticed is that when you play a chipped through ball, your player who should be receiving the ball always jogs to reach it, which results in the defender usually coming away with the ball.

3. Sometimes the running animations seem a little bit stiff and 'robotic'.

4. When Konami announced the 'catch-up' bug had been removed I thought "great, now I can tear up teams with Walcott etc." However, this is not the case. No matter how quick you are, you will never get past a defender purely by running if the defender's in front of you or by your side. It just won't happen. But if you're ahead of the defender, they won't catch up if you're quick enough. Tbh, I'm not sure why I expected more than promised when after all, it is Konami.

5. And last but not least, why the *bleep* is Hulk ALWAYS smiling?

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Will » 8 years ago

Haven't had too much time with the demo, but really liked it. Great fun, and the AI really is incredible. Was also very impressed with all the new animations, especially the first-touch ones which were very varied and looked amazing. Ball physics are great as well. But there is a couple of things that stops you from enjoying the game to the fullest, they probably have been covered but I'm just gonna write them anyway:

1. Goalkeepers! They badly need fixing, positioning is all wrong, reactions are incredibly slow, they spill the ball way too often and in general just don't save enough balls. Some of their animations are incredibly bad as well. It just affects the game a lot, as you can't fully enjoy a goal, if all of them are due to goalkeeper mistakes… (should be a lot better in the later codes though)

2. Passing: Passing is way too easy and assisted. Even on the setting with the least amount of assistance, it feels pretty easy - not manual at all. Hopefully will be fixed as well.

3. Shooting: Still needs a little work, in general much better than in 11 due to the ball physics. Sometimes the shooting's great, but other times it lacks a bit of power IMO. R2 shooting still needs quite a lot of work, definitely not like PS2 days in the current demo (should be better in newer codes as well)

It's very basic things, and that's why I'm very hopeful Konami have worked a lot on these things. But overall it's shaping up to be a great, great game. Definitely the best PES so far for me. :)
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Rafeeq
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rafeeq » 8 years ago

onlyproevo wrote:This demo will be based on the preview code, yeah. The one after E3 (the one I played), but before Gamescom.
Hey OPE what are your thoughts on the ball?
For me it feels like the ball has no weight…when you shoot or pass its like you kicking those cheap balls that float in wind…The shooting in PES11 was FINE BUT the only two problem was that it was scripted where sometimes when you shot to the far past the player will shoot near and the controlled shot when the ball curved away from goals…the weight on that ball was perfect

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 8 years ago

I probably didn't play the demo enough to give a full verdict, to be honest.
✅ 🐦 💟

Kele
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Kele » 8 years ago

My mate said that I the in the demo in main menu at the bottom of the screen it comes up with song name but the song doesn't get played. Can anybody clarify this? if so what are the songs because he said he was sure he seen Calvin Harris - Bounce he wasn't 100% sure though
!Let's All Do The Huddle!

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Will » 8 years ago

I didn't see anything… But probably haven't played it enough, have only got about 3 hours on the game.
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Rafeeq
Squad Player
Squad Player

:o ARSENAL :lol: back to Pes matters still playing the demo and every time I comment here I feel like I should start by complimenting the passing thats how good it is! (clap) except for the pass bar and the through balls occasionally going straight to the man making the run, this should be fixed for the new demo.

The crossing has one flaw and its quite easy to see, when your winger is marauding down the touchline and the strikers are making a run into the box hoping to attack the incoming cross and blast the ball in with a thunderous header the cross always seems to go behind the striker or the striker over runs it this happens almost all the time the only way for you to get the header in is to wait for your striker to take up a stationary position in the box (n) another point about the passing is when your striker pushes up into the box during some inter-play outside the area the defender will follow him and play him on-side and the striker can be on-side standing in front of the keeper and all you have to do is play a direct pass to his feet and shoot first time....the first time shot is WAAAAY to easy btw......

Another gripe about the waaay tooo difficult defending is when the ball is in the air and bobbing around in the area your defender will occasionally attempt a acrobatic clearance when you press to clear much with a simple header much like that first time falling scissor kick volley when you want a normal volley shot...and wheres the back-heels??

In Pes11 the only problem was that player used them at the wrong times however when used at the right time they looked classy!! 8-) ...ooOh about the nets, im liking the shape of it although it does seem too rigid it needs to be a bit looser, all they have to do is watch a real match :/ Iv been playing a ton of games and all these points are solid concrete ones plz get Knonami to look at them or you OPE community at least :| (wave)

Mike
Founder
Founder

I had to edit your post, there mate. Don't be afraid to use paragraphs next time. It will make your post much easier to read - trust me! ;)

I will pass all of these points onto the relevant people, don't worry.
✅ 🐦 💟

Rafeeq
Squad Player
Squad Player

About the defending :| ...when you commit a foul by stabbing out...look at the replay...even though you lined up the attacker clearly the defender will lunge TOWARDS the feet of the attacker and NOT the ball...I thought that I was fouling them because they are using some skill to beat me because its on Top Player but yah look at the replay...must be fixed :-)

Rafeeq
Squad Player
Squad Player

onlyproevo wrote:I had to edit your post, there mate. Don't be afraid to use paragraphs next time. It will make your post much easier to read - trust me! ;)

I will pass all of these points onto the relevant people, don't worry.
Haha my bad :oops: thanks for showing me the light again :-D

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 8 years ago

It was the same on PES2011, the players slide towards the opposition player, not the ball. Is extremely frustrating and depressing to hear that it's still there.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Rafeeq
Squad Player
Squad Player

Sometimes we are too quick to judge and label something in a game as "broken" we do this out of sheer laziness. When I read someones post saying that the finesse/R2 shot is broken I was disappointed :cry: because throughout the PES series I have loved the R2 shot!! It is a valuable weapon when you need to make sure of a goal and give the keeper absolutely no chance, as well as being able to bend the ball into the far corner when your striker does not have clear sight of the goals due to a defenders presence.

The key to using the R2 shot is PRACTICING and selecting the right angle for the shot, the right distance from goals, the right power and the right player. I have accustomed myself to the different angles where the shot works best and if you watch a lot of football you should know these angles.

Thats what I love about PES, you can see things in the real life game and incorporate them into PES. This is why PES truly is a FOOTBALL SIMULATION.
To those people saying the R2/finesse shot is broken in the demo...heres me proving you wrong...Done on Top Player (wave) PS. Got me a better camera 8-)

Orgasmic turn in this first video:
[youtube]
[/youtube]

[youtube]
[/youtube]

[youtube]
[/youtube]

Kele
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Kele » 8 years ago

When is demo coming to 360?
!Let's All Do The Huddle!

Mike
Founder
Founder

I have no idea, at the moment. I haven't been told anything just yet.

Expect Konami to cancel the first demo and just give us one (second demo) on the 360. Should hit within 2 weeks. ;)
✅ 🐦 💟