Page 1 of 11

PES 2012: Impressions & Discussion

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:17 pm
by Rafeeq
A thread for your views on the full game.

Re: PES 12

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:35 am
by supafly03
Got it yesterday and played some games.

I really like the build up play and the goalkeepers seem to be a bit better then in the demo.

Still, there's a huge bug for Xbox360 users while sprinting, as this will happen, when pressing the sprint button for a longer period of time.


I really hope they'll fix this somehow, cause it pretty much ruins the game for me. :evil:

Also, the squads aren't nearly up to date with even some guys(Cleverly still at Wigan, Santa Cruz still at Blackburn etc.) still at the clubs they were on loan last season.

Re: PES 12

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:48 am
by CACR25
Yeah I HATE the running bug. Really hard to play when you can't use the sprint option at all time. Besides that, I am enjoying the game although there's DEFINATELY room for improvement.

Re: PES 12

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:03 am
by supafly03
CACR25 wrote:Yeah I HATE the running bug. Really hard to play when you can't use the sprint option at all time. Besides that, I am enjoying the game although there's DEFINATELY room for improvement.
Yeah, it's really good but that bug is just annyoing as hell.

Re: PES 12

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:17 am
by CACR25
Try using the D-PAD only for movement... hope that helps. (crazy)

Re: PES 12

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:02 am
by DanWally
Can't believe you have it already! that running thing does seem a bit stupid

Re: PES 12

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:29 am
by Mike
Not all 360 users suffer from the problem. I didn't, and I know a few others who didn't see anything.

But if you want some insurance, Konami are looking into it.

As for transfers and squads, they will be fixed soon - around 2 weeks I believe. ;)

Re: PES 12

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:50 am
by Daymos
I cant check the link at work but can someone explain what happens in this bug?

Re: PES 12

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:00 am
by tigerwalms
Rafeeq wrote:A thread for your views on the full game.
I'm what Konami have deemed a third rate UK citizen so I'll let you know in 3 weeks time! :evil:

Re: PES 12

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:24 pm
by supafly03
Daymos wrote:I cant check the link at work but can someone explain what happens in this bug?
The player just stops every couple of yards.
Just seems like he wants to change speeds or something like that and stands still for a very short time before going back into the sprinting anymations.

It's pretty annoying as you're losing any adventage, cause the opponent will catch up to you easily.

@CACR25: Thanks for that hint. I'll give it a try. (y)

Re: PES 2012: Retail Code Impressions

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:48 pm
by Daymos
Was this present in the demo?

I never had issues.. perhaps because on the Xbox 360 I have the top buttons in reverse so the triggers are run and change player etc as triggers feel more natural to run/ acceletate than the bumper buttons.

I wonder if the issues is related to the buttons or the analogue stick?

Perhaps you should try reversing the top buttons?

Re: PES 2012: Retail Code Impressions

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:49 pm
by Mike
For some, yes. Apparently, it has something to do with your HDMI settings.

Re: PES 2012: Retail Code Impressions

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:06 pm
by DanWally
Seems strange, i played the game again this morning and it was ok, how does the HDMI affect it?

Re: PES 2012: Retail Code Impressions

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:07 pm
by supafly03
Daymos wrote:Was this present in the demo?

I never had issues.. perhaps because on the Xbox 360 I have the top buttons in reverse so the triggers are run and change player etc as triggers feel more natural to run/ acceletate than the bumper buttons.

I wonder if the issues is related to the buttons or the analogue stick?

Perhaps you should try reversing the top buttons?
Thanks for the info.
I'll give it a shot and I wanted to do it as well, as it would feel more natural.

BTW: Yes, I had the same glitch in the demo.

Re: PES 2012: Retail Code Impressions

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:09 pm
by Mike
DanWally wrote:Seems strange, i played the game again this morning and it was ok, how does the HDMI affect it?
I've read feedback, suggesting that it will only happen if you use particular HDMI cables.

But the Konami team know more than me, so I won't say any more. :-D