📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Master League [Discussion]

DanWally
Regular
Regular
Supports: Leeds United

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by DanWally » 7 years ago

Is this not under the training section? where you allocate focus points you used to be able to then allocate a skill card or a new position to a player. You cant train a player in a position he can already play in though.

Xbox360 GT - darkane14

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by djwavfc » 7 years ago

I'm a little baffled by the training to when I had a quick look. This would just suck if true. The only thing I think is maybe hiring a better training coach will unlock more options to train your player stats, and also skill cards and new positions... ?

It also the same in Bal. I have no idea how to acquire new skill cards or learn a new positions :/

DanWally
Regular
Regular
Supports: Leeds United

Post by DanWally » 7 years ago

OK started my Master League today but didnt realise what "club management" option meant when starting the game. unfortunately it doesnt allow me to hire staff members who are any better, for example a better scout as so far this one has not helped me sign one player. has anyone else experience this but further into the game to know if the chairman maybe offers you a better scout at some point??
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

m4re
Amateur
Amateur

Post by m4re » 7 years ago

A strange thing just happened to my Youth Team setup. I'm at the winter transfer window of my 2nd season, and I had noticed in the Free Agents (always looking to wheel+deal!) that there were several players that I had seen in my Youth Team from the past 1.5 seasons. I thought, hey this is weird, they made duplicates of some of the well known kids?

Then I checked my youth team as I intended to bring Ribeiro up, only to find a bunch of a new names in there, and no Ribeiro to be found! Searching for him, I found that PSG had just signed him. The only reason I hadn't signed him over the summer is because I had signed a 25yo GK for pretty much my entire transfer budget, only for him to declare he's retiring at the end of the year!

Glad I had already signed my boy Schwarz, but something to keep in mind, it seems your youth team will turn over often!

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

did you say you signed a 25yo GK who then decided to retire? At aged 25? ...Was there any reason?

m4re
Amateur
Amateur

Nope! He just announced his retirement. I was pretty peeved after spending the majority of my transfer budget on him, too. Could've picked up a few decent squad members at that price and just stuck with one of the default squad GKs, as bad as they are.

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

So when is he retiring? I'm just wondering why a player in thier mid 20s has decided to retire, and a keeper of all players.... Friedels still playing and he's like 60 or something.

m4re
Amateur
Amateur

Half a season left with him. Trying to sign a free-agent either regen or former youth team guy, a lot of GKs available in the 72 overall range, 16 years old, 100-300k pounds.

CalcioCalabrese
Regular
Regular

Post by CalcioCalabrese » 7 years ago

Lol @ Friedel. Maybe this keeper married a supermodel ;)

bogeyexpress
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bogeyexpress » 7 years ago

I think if you do not sign youth players before they turn 20, they become free agents. I read something about that they stay in the youth system until 20 years old.

I restarted my ML last night after installing daymos' 360 OF. I had completed a season as Preston North End using my 2011 prequel data, but PNE is now Portsmouth, LOL. The team is the same players, but I just couldn't get into continuing.

I restarted as Millwall. I have also made a decision NOT to sign any players to my club other than youth players. I think this will be harder, but more rewarding moving forward.

Currently 1-1-1 after 3.
"The only thing for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of choosing." - Optimus Prime

XBOX 360 GT - bogeyexpress

vanpersiee
Beginner
Beginner

Post by vanpersiee » 7 years ago

Are we actually able to sign free agents? how do we sign them?

bogeyexpress
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bogeyexpress » 7 years ago

I believe you search for them by GROUP and they are in the free agents list during season. You negotiate with them and they may sign with you.
"The only thing for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of choosing." - Optimus Prime

XBOX 360 GT - bogeyexpress

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 7 years ago

Started my ML with West Ham in D2 with standard ML players. Playing Prefessional difficulty

managed to sign the following with my massvie budget. dont like game get ruined by rubbish wages thing

Diame from Wigan
Tamudo from Rayo V
Bellamy from Cardiff
Shimuzu from Youths
Palmteri From Youths
Naylor From Cardiff

Reading 1-2 West Ham (Bellamy, Tamudo)
Coventry 1-1 West Ham (Tamudo free kick)
West Ham 3-1 Nottm Forest (Bellamy x2, Tamudo)

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

m4re
Amateur
Amateur

bogeyexpress wrote:I believe you search for them by GROUP and they are in the free agents list during season. You negotiate with them and they may sign with you.
I think you have to wait until the first full offseason before any show up. Otherwise it's just the crap original players you release in winter (or earlier!) heh.

Nsheltz
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Nsheltz » 7 years ago

Am i missing something or can you only have the default team when starting a master league? In previous years you could choose between the real names and the default, i dont get it. Help!!!