Master League [Discussion]

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by djwavfc » 6 years ago

I'm not sure whether to continue with it. on top of it all you can also get fired, apparently? And this also means gameover because we still can't switch team. So whats the point?

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 6 years ago

Finished my 1st Season of ML with West Ham United

won the Championship with 3 games to spare

since then in the off season all my best players have been sold ie Bellamy and Naylor.

Looking forward to EPL although going to be hard.

Trying Hard to get players in but ones i want arent interested.

Players on my team were quiet with complaints end of last season because i won the league. Most ones who complained have gone now

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

Lord_Minkle
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Lord_Minkle » 6 years ago

I've turned the difficulty down to Pro and begun ignoring player communications. Much less infuriating.

m4re
Amateur
Amateur

Post by m4re » 6 years ago

Been starting a few new MLs just to shake things up, haven't stuck with one yet though.

Youth team always seems to have the same players so far, but their ratings vary slightly. I've seen Shimizu as a 70 and a 75, and Palmieri with low-60s to high-60s (can't recall exact numbers). But I always seem to have those two at the start in the youth team, and I always sign them right away.

DanWally
Regular
Regular
Supports: Leeds United

Post by DanWally » 6 years ago

Ive been plugging away with my master league, into my 4th season now with Forest.

i won the fa cup to qualify for the europa league but failed to make it out my group, currently in 3rd place pushing for champo league place!

the cut scenes are a bit annoying and i often just speed through them all. Im starting to get the hang of my training now. For example, i did 2 weeks of condition work, followed by a week of technique. this improved all my players from midfield up but decreased my defenders. i then followed up with 2 more weeks of condition work following by a week of physical training. this then bumped up my defenders again and didnt affect the rest. this just maybe luck more than judgement but it seemed to work! i still cant work it out exactly though.

the one thing i dont like is that you cant scout people to see your chances of signing them. it bascially it means my choices of players seem to either be on the "list of targets" page or anyone of a lesser ability at a lesser team than you. i have yet to pull off a big signing as my team is not good enough. it even happens when they appear on my list of targets, tried to get frank lampard in as he appeared on the list, but he didnt want to drop down so whats the point in him being on there?!
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

DanWally
Regular
Regular
Supports: Leeds United

Post by DanWally » 6 years ago

Master League Stitch up!

So im playing a leeds master league with my mate, at the time we didnt switch on club management. its coming to the end of the season and the games states we have 1.4 mil left to spend and if we don't spend it it will be taken away. as we are rubbish we can afford anyone so end up with deegan from coventry as last ditch effort to strengthen.

we end the season with 900k in the bank and as the season draws to a close the chairman takes all the money back.

the new season starts and you get given money based on last years performance, we didnt get promoted, only made it one round in the cup and got a home win bonus of 96k! brilliant, this gives us a grand total of 1.7mil! this would be great if for the fact my team salary is 4.7mil! so i have to sell players to generate money to pay for wages! we only bought 2 players last year and promoted 4 from the youth team.

as the month rolls on i can shift any players and i didnt think releaseing them was the best plan as it wasnt likly to generate the cash i need, i cant bring anyone in as we have no cash. anyhow the end of august comes and i havent shifted enough players to pay for wages so pro evo does it for me! i started with a squad of 29, now have a squad of 17.

why would the chairman not give me enough money to cover the wages?! why couldnt i carry the cash over from last season? its ruined this master league for me as all my best players have left, if i can get promoted with them i sure as hell wont be able to do it without them! especially as i cant strengthen either.

this is of course like i said with club management switched off which i know now was a mistake. the other downside is that you can not upgrade scouts, trainers etc at any point, not that ive got the cash anyway. so you are stuck with a rubbish scout meaning you can only bring in rubbish players.

time to start again.
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

bogeyexpress
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bogeyexpress » 6 years ago

@ DanWally - Man that really sucks. I appreciate you sharing the experience though. It should ensure the rest of us play with Club Management - ON.

GL with your restart. I will be right there with you when daymos v2 drops.
"The only thing for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of choosing." - Optimus Prime

XBOX 360 GT - bogeyexpress

nick7
Regular
Regular

Thats why i do ML with the Full cash thing on becuase that happened to me every season. so just play with loads of money which at a small club doesnt make any difference on players i can bring in which is a same.

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by djwavfc » 6 years ago

I'm not bothering with ML this year now. It's not fun anymore. :(

m4re
Amateur
Amateur

@DanWally, that is really crazy. I did something similar where I hired a staff guy but then made too many buys, couldn't afford him, so the board released him and the two best players I had just signed. Frustrating that 1) we can't ask for more money to at least cover wages or 2) interactively decide what to cut. Board could present you a list of things to cut, and you have to get the balance sheet ok yourself picking from that list.

m4re
Amateur
Amateur

I had two new interactions with players/the chairman recently in my ML. As I was chasing promotion with Johachinaard VV (default D2 team, their roster w/ Shimizu and Palmieri), I had a player in the hunt for the golden boot. At the end of the season as I was wrapping up the title, I was facing teams that had guys in the running for the golden boot as well, and the chairman's mission was to prevent those players from scoring. Nice to see. Of course, the game I won the title, I let one of those guys score, so the chairman was both elated that won him the league, and then screamed at me for letting that guy score. I ended up with the golden boot as well.

After this season ended, Shimizu came to me and said he thought he deserved the number 10 shirt. I agreed (I play him as a central AM and he's involved in most of my attacking moves), so I went to the change number thing manually and gave him #10. I then went into communications, where one of my options is "Change it now" so I hit that becuase it seemed the most appropriate option. Shimizu's response? "This is not the optimal solution" - I just gave you the #10 shirt! How it is not the optimal solution to your EXACT REQUEST?

m4re
Amateur
Amateur

Also (hooray triple post), I cannot sign ANYONE. Not one player I've approached has signed with me. Even Free Agents! The only players I can sign are from my Youth Team. I just upgraded my scout this offseason though so hopefully that will help in the winter break.

I assume it has something to do with "Transfer Activity" set to high?

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 6 years ago

Upgrading your scout should work, but after all, this is Pro Evo. You never know what's going to happen! :P

m4re
Amateur
Amateur

The upgraded scout did work, slightly! Managed to sign one free agent striker and a 16-yo RMF wunderkind from "Others".

Several rejections from my usual targets - after I got the FA striker, the striker I've been after said he didn't want to fight for his place. Nevermind that he'd instantly be my #1 over any of my striker stable..

Wish there was some way of telling the scout to say that. Something like "You'll be in the first team", "you'll have a chance to compete for the first team", "you will be a squad player" - might help.

Also, a way to say "PAY THE MAN/CLUB WHAT HE WANTS".

nick7
Regular
Regular

My side just got alot better and more will to play after 2nd season just finished. Finished 2nd like 5 PTS behind Chelsea.

which meant for me is i can attract better players which ive took advantage over. no more standard ML players in my starting team

Team is This
GK: Sergio Romero (Argentina Number 1)

RB: Angel Rangel (Swansea)
LB: Elokobi (Wolves)
CB: Howedes (Werder Breman?)
CB: Barazagli (Wolfsburg)

LM: Jonas Guiterrez (Newcastle)
RM: Shimizu (89 rated and my captain from youth team) still sucks though
CM: Jamie O'Hara (Wolves)
CM: Michael Ballack (Bayer Leverkusen)

ST: Asomah Gyan
ST: Marco Di Vaio

Subs
James Morrison (West Brom)
Mulumbu (West Brom)
Hasan Kabze
Matt Jarvis (Wolves)
Palmieri
Kevin Kilbane
Larsen Toure

raided Wolves as they got relegated. Loving using this team as they can actually play unlike last season where it was a hard battle/