The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

MopQPR
Warming Up
Warming Up

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by MopQPR » 6 years ago

I have to say i'm loving this version but also finding it really hard to win on the top level even against the poorest teams. It plays much more like a real football game now but there are still things not right with it. I love so many things about the new version but implement the things listed below and it would be almost perfect for me. Thank god youve got rid of the helium ball from last year and the 30 offsides a game that ruined it. Last year i was sick of getting caught with 5 or 6 players in an offside position all at the same time on numerous occasions during a game.

1. Quick throw ins have to be implemented to make this even better. This is a must!!!!
2. The shots are still too weak and the ball too light. Use a slider for the ball weight and one for shot power. All my mates and myself have said the shots are still too weak even with the latest update.
3. For me personally even on +2 the game is too slow and could do with a +3 for those that like the speed of the english premiership. If you watch an Italian or Spanish game then +2 is fine but if you watch the speed of an EPL game then to mimic it you need +3 on the slider.
4. Referee strictness. Again a slider you move up or down for how strict you want the ref to be.
5. In Pes 2011 the through ball was just way too easy to use. In this version its non existent. It needs to be somewhere in the middle of last years and this years version. I end up with between 60-70% possession a game and most of this is hanging onto the ball waiting for a front man to make a run. They never make a run when its on auto. If you use manual which is much harder to do then u can get your players to run forward but the auto setting is rubbish. There's no forward movement at all.
6. What has happened to the replays. Why the sudden jerk on the camera just before the ball goes in the net. Why tamper with the replays when they were ok before.
7. For gods sake get rid of the blurred effect FORVER!! Its god damn awful. Get rid of it in the replays and gameplay. I want sharp graphics.
8. Bring back the star next to the players names in the ratings so we know who was man of the match. Why did you ever take that out?
9. Community mode. Make the minimum teams 2 instead of 3. Why? Because my mate and i would like to have our own league in community mode but we cant because we would have to add an AI team to make it 3 teams before we can start a league.
10. Ive not bothered with online play since Pes 4 when there was LAN play. This was way much better. Either bring LAN back or use Steam because your servers are pony and the lag is a joke. I dont want to go through the hassle of going through all your servers etc to play my mate on your servers when it pants. If i could log onto his ip using our internet speed of 100mbps instead we could have great online games like back in Pes 4.
11. Bring back mix and match kits. E.G. Home shirt with away shorts etc. Please don't tell me this cant be done because of licensing etc. Spurs regularly switch to white shorts when playing at home instead of their traditional blue shorts. Man Ure sometimes use white socks instead of the traditional black ones.
12. Bring back the socks round the ankles. This needs to be in especially for classic players from the 60's, 70's, 80's etc who always had their socks round their ankles.
13. Wtf has happened to thew wing back position???? Am i missing something here because i can't seem to set any of my full backs as a wing back? Does this position not exist anymore. A Full back is a full back a wing back is a wing back. They are 2 different positions that have differences same as defensive midfield as opposed to Attacking midfield.
14. In older versions of pes if you played for example a match against the AI. After the game if you selected play rematch it would load up the formation you just used in the game before. In 2012 and also in 2011 if you select play rematch your formation is gone and the default is loaded so it means you have to go back into data management and reload the formation. Why for gods sake it was perfect before.
15. Camera. There should be a slider for height, width, pan, zoom etc so you can fiddle with the sliders until you get the camera at the correct height and distance etc thats suitable for each person. A totally customizable camera. Not hard surely????
16. One of my biggest gripes is this. The ball is going out of play and your man is chasing it and will catch it before it goes out of play but all of a sudden your man just slows up and just lets the ball go out of play. WTF??? why???? Konami please sort this. It is bad scripting. Another thing that is annoying is that sometimes when the ball breaks lose players just stand around doing nothing and none of them go for the ball allowing an opposing player to just run in and take the ball. No matter who you select nobody will go towards the ball.
17. Own goals. Today a cross came into my box and hit my centre back and gently deflected towards my goal. I thought all is ok cos my goalie will get it but he just stood there and watched the ball trickle past him. Grrrrr how infuriating.

I used Jenkeys tool which is amazing. You can get rid of the blur effect, alter the weight of the ball, shot power, the game speed to a faster game and also get rid of some of the scripting that ruins the game and then hey ho the game is almost perfect. I will continue to use that until Konami get these changes made to make the game better. All these features should be in the game anyway so can tweak the game to how you like it played.
Last edited by MopQPR on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:46 am, edited 7 times in total.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 6 years ago

Agree with some of your points there, especially the blur affect. Okay, it looks good in the trailer (for some people I guess anyway), but in-game, it shouldn't be there.

I really hope they bring back the mix and match kits too. Those truly were the days. :)

CalcioCalabrese
Regular
Regular

Post by CalcioCalabrese » 6 years ago

Can't believe people think the shooting has no power. It's been improved further on 1.02 and if you hit the ball right it's like a rocket with the right player. And a plus 3 speed?? What do you want - people running around in super fast motion hitting shots from the other side of the pitch lol?

Lord_Minkle
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Lord_Minkle » 6 years ago

CalcioCalabrese wrote:Can't believe people think the shooting has no power. It's been improved further on 1.02 and if you hit the ball right it's like a rocket with the right player. And a plus 3 speed?? What do you want - people running around in super fast motion hitting shots from the other side of the pitch lol?
Shooting felt more powerful in the second demo. I've hit 2 or 3 'rockets' that have just looked and felt too floaty - the only person I've managed to really hammer a ball with so far is C. Ronaldo, and even then..

Lord_Minkle
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Lord_Minkle » 6 years ago

Double post (apologies):

Animations in the master league are now becoming really, really irritating. Almost as much as this new player conversation system. As I touched on in a previous post, I understand why Konami want to push aspects of the game forward; but again this year it feels like one step forward and two steps back; the gameplay has been improved greatly, but why did the master league need to be convoluted with this new stuff?

[s]P.S; Does anyone know of a point of contact at Konami to provide feedback on PES (other than using Twitter - 140 chars is not enough). Jon Murphy used to have a feedback e-mail but he removed the link from his Twitter profile.[/s]

Edit: Forgot we have a Feedback forum :roll:

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Pete Evo » 6 years ago

I can't believe the referee never hands out cards for consistent fouling. I've just finished an online game the guy just abused the "2nd defending [s]feature[/s] glitch" - yes, for me, it's a glitch - as it's totally unrealistic and ruins and abuses the game. :(

Every time I got past him, his 2nd player trips me. I get a free kick but then the cycle restarts again. The 2nd player feature should be removed. It makes the game unbelievably unrealistic. :|

I hope Konami remove it for PES 2013. The time has come.

fidelinho
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by fidelinho » 6 years ago

Really,the way to defend on PES 2012 is very very bad, it has failed according to me! We are unable to control the defenders fully when the opponents are coming, especially when you play against the computer, it sucks alot!
And because of that, the game is already lost in advance, how can we defend in this way? when defenders want to take the ball, foul against me, when i press that famous R2, there's no effect, frankly speaking, i don't see the effect on the way to defend? or maybe my joypad is incomplete? i don't know, but frankly it's failed on defense system.
For those who are always taking a goal from a free kick shot by the computer, just place another defender behind the wall formed by your players! The computer won't score on free kick! ;)
Thanks for reading me.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 6 years ago

fidelinho wrote:Really,the way to defend on PES 2012 is very very bad, it has failed according to me! We are unable to control the defenders fully when the opponents are coming, especially when you play against the computer, it sucks alot!
Have to agree with that, defending on this game is tedious, they've really messed that up. Not talking about how difficult it is, just how boring and annoying it is, please understand the difference.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 5 years ago

I have noticed something since the start of PES which is kind of annoying despite various things that might have already been said: Why is Demba Ba left-footed in the game? They still didn't change that. I know it is just one little detail about a player but it still changes how you play with him and I like playing with Newcastle once in a while ;)
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

Lateralus wrote:I have noticed something since the start of PES which is kind of annoying despite various things that might have already been said: Why is Demba Ba left-footed in the game? They still didn't change that. I know it is just one little detail about a player but it still changes how you play with him and I like playing with Newcastle once in a while ;)
I've never realised that! I'll have to check later today as I still can't believe it! :great:

(Hoping OPE can reveal some PES 2013 information soon btw!! (wave) )

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub

Yeah I couldn't believe it either when I first saw it when PES came out. Always liked Demba since first watching him play in the Bundesliga.
I thought they might fix it with the several updates but still nothing. With now I think 15 or 16 goals Konami should have heard of him and seen a few goals he scored with his RIGHT foot :D (y)

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

That's crazy. :P

But thinking about it, you're the first person I've seen make the observation. ;)

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub

That is crazy :D (and hooch is crazy if you know what I mean :lol: )

Maybe many people think that he actually is left-footed, maybe because Ba also knows how to use his left foot to shoot and score ;)

This. Is. PROGRESS.

madrileen
Warming Up
Warming Up

BARCELONA ON PES 2012 ONLINE!!!!!!!

Post by madrileen » 5 years ago

We all know who Barca are they are a very good team but in pes online its the most frkinng annoying team in the whole game why is barca so overpowrd it makes me sick when i play someone with 400 rating and im like 600 and he is choosing barca he is totttaly owning it makes totaally no sense evryone who choose barca can win easily its like a cheat it requires 0 skill to master them even a baby could win 10 games on a row with barca all you have to do is run with there forward because all attackers are overpowrd sanchez is so high runs evryone out messi goes tru evryone villa scores ffrom evry place on the field and barcelona intercepts the ball like its nothing people who chose barca dont have to actually defend vs people just put pressure because its barca they will intercept the ball anyway , i played over 800 games and i can ensure you over 70 precent of my losses are vs barcelona its ridicolous it makes the online game play so unbalanced and arcade like .
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

jas0nyap
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by jas0nyap » 5 years ago

i started feel the game is getting more and more unrealistic from previous PES until the 2012, i hope the PES developer team can see these,

Problem:
1) All the ball that bounce back from a block or whatever, the ball has already been predetermined to be get by someone, even though your player stand closer to the ball, and run to it, you wont get the ball but the AI who run from a further place, they can get. Detail is, when you tried to approach the ball, seem like a something is blocking the way for you to get the ball, you may say that there's a ghost pulling your hand to run to the ball.

2)While playing the "top player"(hardest game mode), all the AI player is like GOD, they already know how to avoid your tackle before u tried to make a tackle, doesnt make sense, seem like there's a sensor which sense the tackle button and direction u click on ur controller, then the AI player will avoid the tackle which ur player havent even react to tackle them. And when you got several player together and marked all the direction that the AI player can run, supposingly you could steal the ball, but the AI can still past you, when i see the replay, i notice the ball can past through your player leg even though your leg position is at the correct spot to steal the ball.

3)Sometime the auto switch control player is always help the AI, when you have 2 players are close to the AI who dribbling, when you controlling one of the player and chasing the AI, while you almost got it, then the game will auto switch you to control another player, who is further to the AI, then u tried very hard to control this player to chase, when almost got the AI, then the player switched again to the previous one you controlled who is now further than the AI. So mean no way for you to chase the AI.

4) while the AI is attacking, all the ball they shot and your player/goalkeeper block the ball, the ball always bounce back to AI team player, keep on bounce back to them until their shot wide goal kick then only u mange to get the ball. The bouncing direction of the ball is not realistic.