The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

arziankorpen
Warming Up
Warming Up
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 1, 2011

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by arziankorpen » 6 years ago

onlyproevo wrote:There's a simple solution really - play on a lower difficulty, with the update installed.

Don't think you're any less of a man, because you're not playing on Top Player.
I can't play on a lower difficulty just can't it's like cheating or something.



arziankorpen
Warming Up
Warming Up
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 1, 2011

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by arziankorpen » 6 years ago

hallicks wrote:I've played this game a hell of a lot over the last week. Master League with original players is tremendously hard work, my missus noted my swearing went to a new level at times. But I'm on course for promotion near the end of the second season, so I'm saying it can be done.

With the defending, the problem is you have to accept that the tried and tested "old" method of defending doesn't work. You get turned. I was watching Stoke-Newcastle last night, and noticed new PES has it bang on - when one player goes to close someone down, they get turned sooo easily. So you have to get the computer to do the pressing while you cut off the out ball or press them from a different angle. It's the only way. It's much harder, but there you go.

I agree with the music criticism. This year is almost as bad as 2009's, although glancing back through Youtube, I'm having a short-term nostalgia moment listening to "hero for a day" - classic BAL tune. Thought it was an ever-living conscious nightmare at the time. You really should be able to add your own songs from your media library or whatever. (Maybe you can do this, I'm not allowed to connect my media library since I have XP). Having said that I went and bought "vox populi", tuuune.
If you really are close to promotion then I guess eventually I'll get the hang of the defending aspect. Guess I'll just keep trying. I also have been screaming a lot over the past few days everyone at home hates me :?.

Also what about freekicks they'll score almost everytime they shoot even if everyone in the wall jumps.. does that happen to you?

hallicks
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by hallicks » 6 years ago

arziankorpen wrote:If you really are close to promotion then I guess eventually I'll get the hang of the defending aspect. Guess I'll just keep trying. I also have been screaming a lot over the past few days everyone at home hates me :?.

Also what about freekicks they'll score almost everytime they shoot even if everyone in the wall jumps.. does that happen to you?
The freekicks thing does happen to me, I've been told if you hold L1 and push the right stick in, you can move the keeper across as he kicks it. Need practice at this.

User avatar
Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 968
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011
Supports: Leyton Orient
Location: East London

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by Pete Evo » 6 years ago

Reading the OPE front page, it appears that Konami could be "dumbing down" the AI free kick takers.
makes small adjustments to the penalty and free-kick systems
Although, it could mean that they're making knuckleball shots less powerful too.

User avatar
dkirk89
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 2, 2011
Supports: Le Toon
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by dkirk89 » 6 years ago

Hi guys first post so forgive me if i dont know what im doing.

When online on 2012 im coming up against people with edited teams, with the likes of messi ronaldo etc etc all on the same team, they are choosing edit data on team select but i cannot do this, thought it was just their master league team but i cant use mine? how are they doing this and how do i make a killer team to beat them with haha. seems unfair as they are just destroying people online.

Im on xbox 360 btw, thanks for the support keep it up

User avatar
dkirk89
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 2, 2011
Supports: Le Toon
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by dkirk89 » 6 years ago

youcanburnmybody wrote:I`m playing PES 2012 on xbox360 and I am totally missing the online 2vs.2-mode! i was playing it with a pal very often and i think it was one of the pest things you could do in PES... so much fun.
But KONAMI just forgot to add this gamemode for xbox because its still possible to play on PC an PS3.
Hope they patch this, because otherwise one of the most enjoyable is missing and i would rather play another game 2on2!

You can play 2 vs 2 matches, you go to the match room and when you setup a room you can select either 2 or 4 players, just wait for people to join your room and bingo.

Ive found theres alot of lag when playing 2 vs 2 though, bit annoying.

ayaribas
Warming Up
Warming Up
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 6, 2011

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by ayaribas » 6 years ago

I've been playing PES since +- 2000, never touched Fifa since. Like some/most of you I went through the "evolution" of the game up to pes 2012, with its fun side, the initial frustration of how to freakin play every new version etc etc. I NEVER considered dropping a new version of the game for a previous title (or even consider Fifa brrrrrr) up to now..never played online to have an idea of how good I am, but after a couple of months on any given version I was unbeatable on top level

Like most of you have pointed out, the flaws overtake the pluses by a big margin:


- No control whatsoever while defending: keep distance and bring second teammate / go for the tackle your self / go for pressure yourself / pray...doesn't matter, I still have to sweat and hope the one single attacker won't go through my defence like there was none (and it doesn't matter if the attacker is of messi level)..even brought in classic players with ratings up to the 100s (and more) just to make sure it wasn't the players I was using, still doesn't matter
- Passing: a) how can the cpu decide that my through pass to my attacker (ending up with him alone in front of goal) was actually intended for a guy in the midfield?
b) why's the ball acting like a stone when I'm using full power? If I use full power, the pass should be deadly...where's the "freedom" in that?
c) why do I have to press 3-4 different buttons just to have a through ball succeed? use right stick and HOPE that it will actually select the teammate you want (sometimes it doesn't) & press -> wait for him to run --> make the pass --> superstar AI cuts half of those anyway...where's the fun in there
-Shooting: doesn't feel good, sometimes -again- the ball is "stony", some others it will go to the stars and -most importantly- not necessarily where I intended it to go...let's not even talk about 1-1s, I end up having to use lobs since placing a shot doesn't work for me (or use a feint which sometimes helps)
- Goalkeepers: nuff said from previous posts
- the game sometimes wants you to lose...whatever you do, whatever the level of your team, whatever the level of the opposing team..I've beaten barcelona 5-1, next game I'm 3-1 up in half time against osasuna and then they score 4 goals in 30 mins..my team having "A"s on every rating, osasuna being..well osasuna..and I repeat I'm confident that this has nothing to do with how good I am or how good my team is

Never experienced such frustration from a game, losing because I'm useless fine..losing sometimes because of mistakes (which do happen in real life of course) fine as well..but losing without it being your fault, without having controll..well..

Will be pressing the uninstall button after this (PC user obviously, if I had the sprint bug oh boy..)..

CalcioCalabrese
Regular
Regular
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by CalcioCalabrese » 6 years ago

I think PES 2012 is showing up a few people who thought they were PES masters previously. Takes longer than normal for this game to click but once it does it's superb.

Steelhorse75
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by Steelhorse75 » 6 years ago

Yep thats what it is. All those players who have been playing ISS/PES since 90s - Have turned out to be crap at the game.
Who would have known!
PES15........Dare we believe.......

ayaribas
Warming Up
Warming Up
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 6, 2011

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by ayaribas » 6 years ago

Don't get me wrong..I don't care about PES "mastery" or never losing..I have no issue with that..as long as the game is fun and "clicks" for me..which it doesn't big time (unless, maybe, if I lose a few hours of my life playing around with settings / configuration/ passing assistance and all that stuff which has helped some people)..

I just wonder how can anyone plan his defence properly, plan the setup of his attack and get "in tune" with this game..already back to pes2011 as far as I am concerned

User avatar
Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 968
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011
Supports: Leyton Orient
Location: East London

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by Pete Evo » 6 years ago

This isn't really a complaint... but Jesus, I'm not liking MLO this year. My players just seem so slow, compared to my opponents. I've looked through the settings and I don't know what's causing my players to react so slowly.

I loved the gamemode last year, but now, I can't enjoy it at all.

And why the hell do Konami implement a system that allows users to defend with two players at the same time. It's such a lazy way of defending, but you know that you're more than likely to steal possession. Absolute HATE this feature.

DDees
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by DDees » 6 years ago

dkirk89 wrote:
youcanburnmybody wrote:I`m playing PES 2012 on xbox360 and I am totally missing the online 2vs.2-mode! i was playing it with a pal very often and i think it was one of the pest things you could do in PES... so much fun.
But KONAMI just forgot to add this gamemode for xbox because its still possible to play on PC an PS3.
Hope they patch this, because otherwise one of the most enjoyable is missing and i would rather play another game 2on2!

You can play 2 vs 2 matches, you go to the match room and when you setup a room you can select either 2 or 4 players, just wait for people to join your room and bingo.

Ive found theres alot of lag when playing 2 vs 2 though, bit annoying.


it think he means 2vs2 (2 people on the same console), but hey is not Konami fault its Mircosoft fault did they accept the 2 vs 2 mode :) just ask Pete Evo lol

Lord_Minkle
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by Lord_Minkle » 6 years ago

On some levels, this game is outstanding, blows FIFA out of the water and is certainly the best PES release yet, but my god sometimes it is so frustrating. I could rant and rave about individual moments so far, but I'll resist and post my major gripes as a whole;

AI free kicks are too accurate: The same scenario is happening to me too regularly, grinding out results then giving away a soft free kick near the box, only for the AI to curl a wonder free kick right in to the top corner. I've seen the same free kick at least a dozen times now, 25/30 yards out, right in to the top corner. Keepers can't get near it, defenders on the post don't get near it. They're unstoppable; I don't mind the odd one, but when it's happening close to every game (on some occasions, twice a game) it's too much.

Master league post-game/time-forward menu: The menu that pops up telling you what's happened etc.. I'm really finding this a bit annoying, they should have left it as the old 'topics' option.

Master league pre/post game animated screens: The ones with the coach/players. I appreciate what Konami have tried to do with this, draw the user in a bit more, but this really drags the game out when sometimes you just want to pop in and do 2/3 quick fire games. Same thing as with Become a Legend last year, that awful cut-scene of the manager in the changing rooms before every game...

Online lag: Haven't managed a full game online yet, the lag is absurd. Literally about 2 second lag spikes in places.

Lord_Minkle
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by Lord_Minkle » 6 years ago

While I'm in gripe mode;

Master league training; it's unnecessarily confusing. What was wrong with last years where you could assign individual routines or pick a more balances overall routine? Aside from rotating the schedule each week I don't see how you're meant to keep a balanced side by using it..

hallicks
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by hallicks » 6 years ago

Lord_Minkle wrote:On some levels, this game is outstanding, blows FIFA out of the water and is certainly the best PES release yet, but my god sometimes it is so frustrating. I could rant and rave about individual moments so far, but I'll resist and post my major gripes as a whole;

AI free kicks are too accurate: The same scenario is happening to me too regularly, grinding out results then giving away a soft free kick near the box, only for the AI to curl a wonder free kick right in to the top corner. I've seen the same free kick at least a dozen times now, 25/30 yards out, right in to the top corner. Keepers can't get near it, defenders on the post don't get near it. They're unstoppable; I don't mind the odd one, but when it's happening close to every game (on some occasions, twice a game) it's too much.

Master league post-game/time-forward menu: The menu that pops up telling you what's happened etc.. I'm really finding this a bit annoying, they should have left it as the old 'topics' option.

Master league pre/post game animated screens: The ones with the coach/players. I appreciate what Konami have tried to do with this, draw the user in a bit more, but this really drags the game out when sometimes you just want to pop in and do 2/3 quick fire games. Same thing as with Become a Legend last year, that awful cut-scene of the manager in the changing rooms before every game...

Online lag: Haven't managed a full game online yet, the lag is absurd. Literally about 2 second lag spikes in places.
Agree with all of these, though they've allegedly made the free kicks less ridiculous in the 1.02 patch. I've played a few games on it and it seems like fewer AI free kicks go in.

The endless repetition of cutscenes in ML and BAL is so tiresome. There really needs to be an option to turn them off.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests