The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

DanWally
Regular
Regular
Supports: Leeds United

Re: The ONLY PES 2012 Complaints Thread

Post by DanWally » 6 years ago

Gods own sniper wrote:
onlyproevo wrote:I think you're being harsh, writing off the game already. Just because you've traded it in, that doesn't mean that you can say that there's no one that likes the game. That's just nonsense.

It has it's flaws, like every football game, but I still enjoy playing it very much. I'm full of praise - although I can also admit that there are problems that need to be worked on.
I'm only going off people's reactions on the forums. 3 of my friends (hardcore pes pkayers for years) played my copy as i received it early and needless to say are still playing 2011. Hey I'm happy if people like it, I just think that 99% of people like myself are more than a little disappointed with the game, maybe I'm wrong and people quietly love it but that puts them in the minority in my opinion. Jon Murphy was tweeting like crazy before the release, we never hear from him now, I've asked many questions without reply. I checked his timeline and the complaints were endless so I don't think I'm talking nonsense as the facts are for everyone to see. 
Still banging on about it i see (clap)

in other news, i loved tigers post about the stupid banners and stupid balls and stupid commentary!

was spot on!

Xbox360 GT - darkane14

Puss
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Puss » 6 years ago

I was playing FIFA 10 for the last 2 years and decided to get back into PES. I bought PES2011 on xbox as a warm up and though it was pretty good. I then got PES 2012 for PS3 and since I have played both games for the same amount of time I think that PES 2011 is the better game. I an not a very good player, in fact I'm hopeless. But I enjoy the 2011 far more. I think in the end it was the shooting. THe defending for me is impossible, random in it successful tackles. That was far too frustrating. However the shooting system in 2011 was sensational. That took me back to PES5 on PS2. Great fun. It is nice to score 1on1 with the keeper when I finally make that perfectly time run to split the defence. PES 2012, regardless of where I try to aim, kick the ball straight at the keeper. NOT COOL. I thought for a while it may heave been my level of skill. It is not as it seems to be a problem others are facing too.
BTW can you upload logos into the PS3 version of PES2011 via USB like you can with 2012?
Cheers,
Puss.

Gods own sniper
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Gods own sniper » 6 years ago

DanWally wrote:"Gods own sniper" wrote: "onlyproevo" wrote: I think you're being harsh, writing off the game already. Just because you've traded it in, that doesn't mean that you can say that there's no one that likes the game. That's just nonsense.

It has it's flaws, like every football game, but I still enjoy playing it very much. I'm full of praise - although I can also admit that there are problems that need to be worked on.

I'm only going off people's reactions on the forums. 3 of my friends (hardcore pes pkayers for years) played my copy as i received it early and needless to say are still playing 2011. Hey I'm happy if people like it, I just think that 99% of people like myself are more than a little disappointed with the game, maybe I'm wrong and people quietly love it but that puts them in the minority in my opinion. Jon Murphy was tweeting like crazy before the release, we never hear from him now, I've asked many questions without reply. I checked his timeline and the complaints were endless so I don't think I'm talking nonsense as the facts are for everyone to see. 

Still banging on about it i see

in other news, i loved tigers post about the stupid banners and stupid balls and stupid commentary!

was spot on!
Still playing it? Won't last long 

DanWally
Regular
Regular
Supports: Leeds United

Post by DanWally » 6 years ago

Pretty sure it will
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 6 years ago

Just because you think it's a bad game, GOS, that doesn't mean that you have to write off the game for everybody else.

If you want people to respect your opinions, please show respect to others.
✅ 🐦 💟

Gods own sniper
Squad Player
Squad Player

I've missed something, at what point have I not respected anyone's opinion? What I'll do is just come on ere and tell everyone what a good game it is and kiss konamis backside. I actually thought this was a complaints thread which, if people are enjoying the game so much they wouldn't be visiting it in the first place. I'll leave 'posting' (in the complaints thread) to people who are enjoying the game then, crazy!

Mike
Founder
Founder

Gods own sniper wrote:Still playing it? Won't last long 
Your post suggested that you are assuming that Dan will stop playing the game soon. As for your post, it wasn't a PES 2012 complaint, was it?

I wasn't attacking you. I was merely reminding you that everyone's allowed to play and enjoy the game, if they want to, for however long they want.

Of course, you're allowed to make complaints about the game. But please don't tell other members that they won't be playing the game soon. It's up to them.
✅ 🐦 💟

Gods own sniper
Squad Player
Squad Player

onlyproevo wrote:"Gods own sniper" wrote: Still playing it? Won't last long 

Your post suggested that you are assuming that Dan will stop playing the game soon. As for your post, it wasn't a PES 2012 complaint, was it?

I wasn't attacking you. I was merely reminding you that everyone's allowed to play and enjoy the game, if they want to, for however long they want.

Of course, you're allowed to make complaints about the game. But please don't tell other members that they won't be playing the game soon. It's up to them.
I was asked if I was still banging on about it? I replied with asking if he was still playing it and in my opinion it won't last long. I considered it friendly banter but I'm happy to concede defeat and I'll leave posting to others.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Okay, fine. Let's move on with no unnecessary bad feelings.

This place doesn't need any aggravation between members. That's not why I made the forums. :-)
✅ 🐦 💟

CalcioCalabrese
Regular
Regular

Post by CalcioCalabrese » 6 years ago

Feeling sad for those people not enjoying the game, as it's finally starting to click for me now and it's superb. Well done Konami. Cheers for the games the other day Mike. 1 vs 1 with a good opponent is where the game is at. Fantastic!

nerradc
Beginner
Beginner

Post by nerradc » 6 years ago

The defense system. :evil:

Utterly rubbish. If your playing against players like Messi, Ronaldo (which is 99% of the time) you have no chance.

Massive let down this year. (n)
Bombs away...and all that sh*t...

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 6 years ago

It's hard. Konami tried and achieved well this year with the attacking AI, but I hope they can concentrate on improving the defensive AI.

Online is a joke at times. It makes you feel gutted, really! :(

arziankorpen
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by arziankorpen » 6 years ago

Hi, new to this community, and have not really read all of the posts on this topic so if what im saying has already been discussed.. sorry.
Recently bought PES 2012 and as soon as I turned it on there was an update available, it was v1.01, so I started playing, and started with master league, immediatly it was impossible for me to win any games at all, especiall with the default players from ML (you know: Dodo, Stremer, Jaric, Ordaz etc..) then I thought maybe if i tried original rosters and started playing with Fiorentina as I always do, but still, defending was so difficult it was ridiculous and goalkeepers sucked!! so I conceded too many goals, I consider myself a really good PES player and it has never been so hard to play. Then i read somewhere that it was all due to the update I downloaded, so I erased it and indeed, it became easier, too easy actually.. :cry: I really don't get what's going on, wht the fck is Konami doing about this i think difficulty should be around the middle of these two things. Can anyone share if they've been having this problem?
btw, english is not my native language i apologize for any mistakes.

Mike
Founder
Founder

There's a simple solution really - play on a lower difficulty, with the update installed.

Don't think you're any less of a man, because you're not playing on Top Player.
✅ 🐦 💟

hallicks
Beginner
Beginner

Post by hallicks » 6 years ago

I've played this game a hell of a lot over the last week. Master League with original players is tremendously hard work, my missus noted my swearing went to a new level at times. But I'm on course for promotion near the end of the second season, so I'm saying it can be done.

With the defending, the problem is you have to accept that the tried and tested "old" method of defending doesn't work. You get turned. I was watching Stoke-Newcastle last night, and noticed new PES has it bang on - when one player goes to close someone down, they get turned sooo easily. So you have to get the computer to do the pressing while you cut off the out ball or press them from a different angle. It's the only way. It's much harder, but there you go.

I agree with the music criticism. This year is almost as bad as 2009's, although glancing back through Youtube, I'm having a short-term nostalgia moment listening to "hero for a day" - classic BAL tune. Thought it was an ever-living conscious nightmare at the time. You really should be able to add your own songs from your media library or whatever. (Maybe you can do this, I'm not allowed to connect my media library since I have XP). Having said that I went and bought "vox populi", tuuune.