📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Master League Online [Discussion]

GradeACallum
Regular
Regular
Supports: Man Utd

Re: Master League Online [Discussion]

Post by GradeACallum » 7 years ago

I have never played MLO before. I will be trying it out this week. I will let you know my initial thoughts. Do you guys have any tips?

"Kids Come To Win, Men Come To Play The Game. The Pitch Is Ours!!!"
Twitter: @GradeA_Callum
Web: http://www.Grade-A.co.uk
Yotube: AgentBoomerang
XBl: Agent Bommerang
PSN: GradeA_Callum

Gods own sniper
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Gods own sniper » 7 years ago

Can someone explain to me how you improve your squad? MLO has completely changed this year and not for the better. The win, draw and loss money is set this year so if your poor team is up against a team of stars then you only receive £770k for a loss. The contract system hasn't been thought out, you sign a team of players on 10 game contracts, play ten games and receive say £9m in money, you then need that money to get your players contracts renewed, leaving nothing left to improve your squad. Fouls are given at a rate of 1 every 45 secs or so. Massively dissatisfied with this FIFA clone and will be getting 2011 out of it's box again. Poor effort.

Gods own sniper
Squad Player
Squad Player

GradeACallum wrote:I have never played MLO before. I will be trying it out this week. I will let you know my initial thoughts. Do you guys have any tips?
Don't bother mate, get pes 2011 out and play it in that instead!

robertoflorencia
Beginner
Beginner

Post by robertoflorencia » 7 years ago

i sold the half of my team , and i bought villa he was awesome fast accuracy and all great thinks but..... i went to bankrupcy , and restart the mlo , in my opinion its better to contract players for 50 games so you can get some percent of discount .
the mlo in pes 2011 were great it pretty sad to say that konami failed this time in mlo . and the punishment is a shit , konami punished the 2 player f***ck :twisted:

Gods own sniper
Squad Player
Squad Player

Is anyone else having issues in the transfer Market on MLO? while searching for a player in advanced search it finds no players even tho the search criteria is clear? Even clicking on clubs it finds no players. This has happened a few times recently. I was also stopped from buy odemwingie as he had reached his maximum transfer value, what is that all about? Some gud changes but some strange ones this year.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 7 years ago

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. All the search parameters are clear, but it still lists 0 players in the bottom screen.

As for the maximum transfer value, I assume that's to prevent everyone buying the same player for the same bargain price.
✅ 🐦 💟

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 7 years ago

I have PES now for about 4 weeks now and started MLO right away (though I don't think it is fair to all the British guys that I think almost all of Europe have had the game for weeks now and have the MLO advantage...) but due to my stupid connection issues I didn't play for about two weeks now.

When I started the MLO I sold a lot of the guys that I thought will not do any good from the standard squad and had the money to buy Falcao before I even played a single match. That is how I got Götze and Müller really cheap as well so I had a good offense to start begin with. One of my buddies told me to get Baretto from Udinese Calcio, overall 69 as a CF but as a winger like 75 and really agile and a decent scorer. Checked some MLO-data today - most popular guy in all of MLO :lol: Not planning on a team that is focused on running down the sidelines but I guess that is the strategy for most people.

In my opinion it will be very difficult to have much fun against all those superstar teams while having a crappy team at the beginning. I hope that when I can continue my MLO it will be fun again though I don't really look forward to play against all those running teams.

After the few weeks of playing I bought a few players, here is a list for those who are interested ;) : Falcao, Götze, Müller, Baretto, Matuszszyk (from my Club Cologne haha), Sandro - really great DMF and he is/was cheap, Fabio.

By the way, heard today that after the servers are serviced (don't know how to express that) on tuesdays, the value of the players are set back to standard so players should be cheap on tuesday mornings - haven't tried it yet but I thought I should share this information ;)
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

bogeyexpress
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bogeyexpress » 7 years ago

I did notice a few players I was looking at had the prices had gone down. They were not as low as their opening fees, but had dropped off. It may have been related to ppl dropping off form players.
"The only thing for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of choosing." - Optimus Prime

XBOX 360 GT - bogeyexpress

bogeyexpress
Amateur
Amateur

Post by bogeyexpress » 7 years ago

UPDATE
bogeyexpress wrote:MLO is very addictive and consumes most of my PES time.

I am hoping to build a quality squad w/o having to buy all the superstars. Acquiring $ is much easier, but contracts have been added which I think creates more thought into who to play in your XI. Also the form arrows last a minimum of 24 hours. They do not change after each match.

As of today, here is my starting XI.

Lothar - GK - De Vries (Hurtlon, Lothar)
Ruskin - LB - Negli (Ruskin)
O.Gill - CB - Abdoulaye (Boly, O.Gill)
Simao - CB - Stankevicius (Simao)
A.Fathy - RB - A.Fathy (Boly)
Andre Cunha - CM - Andre Cunha (Guediora)
R.Sneijder - CM - Giacomazzi
Khlosneri - LM/LW - Odemwingie (Khlosneri, Obertan)
Obertan - RM/RW - Kuyt (Naismith, Petorbenov)
Van der Mirch - CF (AM) - Cahill (Cabelarrd, Etzanichenko, Ettori, R.Sneijder
Bebe - CF - Andrew Johnson (VDM, Cahill, Bebe, Beckford, Biton)
-----------------------
I have Beckford also, but he is out of form today. I think my next purchase will be Forster - GK (Celtic). I still have several default boys on the squad too. I believe my squad size is 28 or 29 right now. I have a few out of contract, but I do not want to release all the defaults.
"The only thing for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of choosing." - Optimus Prime

XBOX 360 GT - bogeyexpress

DanWally
Regular
Regular
Supports: Leeds United

Post by DanWally » 7 years ago

Started my Leeds Master League, im only allowed to buy players who have pulled on the white of leeds!

So Far

O'Dea
Woodgate
Smith
Delph
Johnson
Hulse
Healy
Rose
Vaaryen

To Buy
Forssell
Milner
Pennant
Lennon
Ferdinand
Robinson
Livermore
Bannan
Ephram

My team wont have much of a back line but hey ho, i started very badly but my last 3 games i managed to win 5-1 (the guy was rubbish) lose 0-1 and this guy had ronaldo messi and aguero up top and then win 2-1!

MARCHING ON TOGETHER!!
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 7 years ago

ive kinda gave up with MLO for this year due to the Contracts thing they have added ruins it for me. Was perfect last year and nothing needed changed.

its for the sheer fact last night i got 5 million raised for a new player then needed to spend it all on contracts for the Standard rubbish ML players.

just took the fun out of it with the Contracts

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

Mike
Founder
Founder

I think the player contracts are a step forward. Maybe that's just me, unless the silent majority are too busy playing the actual gamemode?

If you want some advice, try playing in some competitions. If you progress to the knockouts of the tournament, you are rewarded quite generously.
✅ 🐦 💟

DanWally
Regular
Regular

i do tend to agree with you Nick, the contracts thing is very frustrating especially as you said, you save up money to buy a new player only to have to pay out on contracts to keep the lesser players so you can actually field 11 players! 1 lad i was playing against only had 10 men available the rest were out of contract.

but it does make it a little bit more challenging and i think encourages you to play tournaments to gain that extra cash for making the knockout stages.
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

Mike
Founder
Founder

I don't think it would be a problem, if you didn't face the superstar teams all the time.

Believe me, I do understand how frustrating it is to work so hard on your own team, start up a match and pair up against a guy who's team is worth £800m.
✅ 🐦 💟

DanWally
Regular
Regular

last year i tried so hard to get the best team i could but this time round doing the "Leeds Challenge" so to speak has added a bit for fun to it for me, i dont mind so much if i lose its not the end of the world but i have a mini aim to try and achieve
Xbox360 GT - darkane14