Master League Online [Discussion]

Sakdov
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Master League Online [Discussion]

Post by Sakdov » 6 years ago

Iver played 5 matches on MLO and already made my mind up that 2011 is superior (they really only needed to add a wage cap or a cap on players who could have dependent on your division). I have been so frustrated with this mode and got into arguments already to be told im a bad player but in the end there isn't really a good way to play when your faced with teams with stars already (chasing them over the pitch). I usually lose all my stamina by the first half because if i play like i did in 2011 and conserve it then the players just walk past you like your not even there... Its a win win situation for these good teams and they would rather gloat and put other players down than admit of the flawed system.

Why when i select to be paired with people of the same rating am i paired with someone in division 1 with a 80+ million pound team compared to my starter team is beyond me aswell. I have now gone below 70% completion due to games being ended early so i cant join competitions but am now finding im faced with teams/rated similar to myself but they still d/c when losing so again its not working.

Im going to give MLO one more week but i think i will return to MLO in 2011 and play 2012 in single player only and when friends come around.

CalcioCalabrese
Regular
Regular

Post by CalcioCalabrese » 6 years ago

You know what I'm going to do and maybe you should do the same. Log into MyPes because you get a bonus for playing it. Set up MLO to play Coach Mode and watch some TV or movies for a couple of hours and check back every 10 mins to go into another game. You can build up cash this way without the frustration of playing with hopeless players. When you have enough cash, buy up a couple of good players and so forth. In coach mode you can sometimes beat or draw with super teams and you'll get a lot more money than if you played them yourself and lost because of lag or a lucky tap in. After a couple of weeks your team will be good enough to compete with ;)

firestorm79
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by firestorm79 » 6 years ago

CalcioCalabrese wrote:You know what I'm going to do and maybe you should do the same. Log into MyPes because you get a bonus for playing it. Set up MLO to play Coach Mode and watch some TV or movies for a couple of hours and check back every 10 mins to go into another game. You can build up cash this way without the frustration of playing with hopeless players. When you have enough cash, buy up a couple of good players and so forth. In coach mode you can sometimes beat or draw with super teams and you'll get a lot more money than if you played them yourself and lost because of lag or a lucky tap in. After a couple of weeks your team will be good enough to compete with ;)
You do realise that you don't get MyPES bonus cash when playing coach mode don't you?

firestorm79
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by firestorm79 » 6 years ago

two additions two MLO cash system would make this year's version absolute class:

1. The amount of cash you get should be a percentage of your own team's worth PLUS a percentage of your opponent's team. That way being in different divisions makes sense. If you overachieve and end up in D1 you'll profit from playing the big teams (just like a relegation battling team in the premiership - they may struggle, but atleast they get more money by playing in the premier league). Conversely if you have a super star team and like playing against lowly D5s you won't get much money out of those matches. It'll make it harder for people at the top to keep building up wealth exponentially and help those at the bottom to stack up cash quickly. Level playing field.

2. As you do better and better you should attract sponsors. Say a particular player of yours hits x amount of goals in x matches you should attract extra cash by way of sponsor - so if that player plays or hits a hat-trick you get a little bonus. Just a little - it may encourage disconnectors to start playing properly.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 6 years ago

Very good suggestions. Thank you for sharing them with us. :)
โœ… ๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

oneofthemino
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by oneofthemino » 6 years ago

When i first stared MLO I took to it exactly as I did on 2011, by selling everyone on the bench to fund some new players. I had to file for bankruptcy by the end of the day. Its all about having a large squad, interchangeable players stops your contracts running out as quick and allows time to build up some cash. Im currently sitting in D1 now, with 2 full teams - my best 2 players Pizzaro and Granero...
Also don't bother going for well known players unless their form is good, I sell my out of form players each day and replace them with red arrows. Teams with fully fatigued messi and ronaldo dont know whats hit them 90% of the time. MLO this year is fantastic, although Konami really screwed us over by allowing Europe to have a major head start on us by releasing the game early.

Oh and firestorm79s suggestions would be ideal. Konami really need to start hiring a few people to improve things off the pitch in PES as it really is getting rediculous how far behind FIFA the presentation is becoming.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Sometimes, this gamemode frustrates the hell out of me. I love the idea, but certain things stop me from truly enjoying MLO.

The constant tripping from my opponents. Intentional or not, it stops me from playing how I want to - and my opponent never receives cards for constant fouling. It doesn't exactly encourage me to play online, when fouls are going to go unpunished.

Also, I hate it when you run into users who 100% rely on using their fast players. Running down the wing, crossing to the middle and scoring with a tap-in isn't football. And more importantly, it isn't fun. :oops:

I want to keep playing MLO as it's a great idea for a gamemode in PES, but at the end of the day, I know it's just going to make me angry. Sadly, it looks like I'm going to be forced to play the majority of my games offline this year, again. Of course, I'll still head online, but mainly, It will be mainly community matches with you guys.

... Yes, I know I'll feel better in the morning, and you'll probably see me playing some more MLO over the weekend. :lol:
โœ… ๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

oneofthemino
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by oneofthemino » 6 years ago

One opponent I came up against twice was doing the exact same thing you mentioned, and made me lose my temper worse than I have since losing a final day relegation battle back on SWOS 96/97 =P
How some of the players have the likes of messi, ronaldo and ibrahimovic upfront, when they are utter utter crap is very annoying when all they do is abuse the sprint.
I for one vote for the catch-up to return.

Mike
Founder
Founder

I don't think the catchup bug should return. A tweak to the defending would be the most sensible way to approach the issue.

Player physicality needs to be improved. Defenders should have more power, when dealing with fast players running through them.
โœ… ๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

DanWally
Regular
Regular
Supports: Leeds United

Post by DanWally » 6 years ago

I agree, no need for the run bug to come back but its kinda the same if you just play a normal online game and the other user picks Barca or Real to play against you, Messi and Ronny are just too good.
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

Sakdov
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Sakdov » 6 years ago

Played a guy last night who had Ronaldo, Messi and over 17 top players .. He was sitting in Division 1 and im in division 5 with the default team and Robbie Keane. . I have selected to be paired with similar players yet this is so broken its unbelievable. So i got annoyed straight from the start to be paired with this guy for what was to follow got me even more annoyed.

The guy played the same way for the first half by giving the ball to Ronaldo/Messi and rounding my keeper with absolutely no shots either from range or a shooting opportunity. I had messaged him a few times to try and get over to him that he was playing a default team and his style of play was spoiling the game and made no sense to me why someone play so badly with a star team against a default team. He replied saying he was sorry and it wasn't his fault Konami paired me with him which confirmed he either didn't care how he scored aslong as he won or simply didn't understand how frustrating to not be able to play football with someone who played like this (i tried a passing game and did get a goal). The 2nd half starts and he changes from rounding the keeper to going to the wing and skipping past a defender to pass it into the box for the easy goal and again taking no range shots or opportunity shots. The game ended 6-1 and despite my team and his i was only given 500k which was another kick in the nads for me.

Next guy i played was a similar affair with regards to team/rating/division but the guy played some long range etc but still scored the easy goals and decided he wanted to say "impressive" after ever goal despite him walking over a default team.

These are the guys that spoil it for me .. Konami need to patch MLO to make some difference but i am thinking its all too late.. I was enjoying MLO up until i got the 2 above guys which again made me aggressive/frustrated and started to play badly.

Sakdov
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Sakdov » 5 years ago

No response on this so i have edited with the red sections to help anyone with the same questions.

Can anyone confirm if this mode is fixed with the last patch.

Not played for over a month due to a late start to the mode which tbh makes it alot more harder than last years (atleast in 2011 you were given a decent amount of cash from being destroyed by high div world class teams). While playing the game on 2 bar assist and being paired with 4 bar players it made it a frustrating affair.

Do you still see the rounding of the keepers? Not seen it as often but still manageable

Do you still see everyone abusing the speed merchants? Yes

Does the pass assistance lobbies effect MLO? To a degree yes but i think even playing 2 bar you still get to play people with 4 bar passing (i guess they look at it that a game is better than finding no game)

Have late starters got a chance or are we still paired against high div superior teams? It's hard to say you don't have a chance but its extremely difficult with the current matchmaking which is worse in 2012 than it was in 2011. Im in Division 5 with the default team running at 390 rating (on a massive losing run) and still getting paired with division 1 600+ rated players despite having the settings set to match with similar players in all 3 categories.Matchmaking in MLO needs to take into account team expense and strength then the current rating but still only pair you with someone in the same division as yourself.

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 5 years ago

I have just had it with MLO. I am done, so annoyed by this stupid mode :x
So many cheaters just lagging on purpose at the end of the game when they know they will lose. I don't get the money for the game and it affects my player contracts.

Why can't it be fixed with the damn cheaters, ruined the mode for 2011 and now 2012 for me...

I just started playing MLO again for a few days now because I thought I should give it another try but no, this too damn annoying for me. Playing against Ronaldo and Messi would not be so bad if it would increase the amount of cash you make after the game.

Really hope that Konami will make it right in 2013, for now this mode just sucks.
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 5 years ago

It's a shame. MLO has the potential to be a great gamemode. But there are so many players online who ruin it.

People who care about their ranking or whatever are so sad. :roll:

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Will » 5 years ago

In the end it comes down to Konami making a game, too easy to exploit online. People are people, there will always be idiots who ruins a game. It's just about making a game, that's hard to ruin, if you get me. :)
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass