Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by Mike » 4 months ago

MotherHen wrote:
4 months ago
Does anyone have any idea how Konami go about decided the squads for the national teams? Will it be from the latest lot of squad announcements in June?
Not sure when national squads are captured, but they'll be updated for sure (i.e. Mbappe at France, Oxlade-Chamberlain at England, etc).

✅ 🐦 💟

MotherHen
Regular
Regular
Supports: Liverpool

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by MotherHen » 4 months ago

Im guessing they'd use the most recent ones? I was just wondering to see what players we'd have for teams we add.

Like the most recent Germany squad for the FIFA Confederations Cup is missing the likes of Ozil, Draxler & Neuer. No Neuer in is 2018 is a possibility. There are ten players in this squad we'd need for other teams for the record...

The most recent Holland squad has Robben & Sneijder which is a bonus.

No Hulk or Kaka in Brazil's latest squad.
"Establishing Communications"

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES 2018 Announced!

MotherHen wrote:
4 months ago
Like the most recent Germany squad for the FIFA Confederations Cup is missing the likes of Ozil, Draxler & Neuer. No Neuer in is 2018 is a possibility. There are ten players in this squad we'd need for other teams for the record...

The most recent Holland squad has Robben & Sneijder which is a bonus.
They should all be fine.

As for Hulk, hopefully he'll be in the game playing for Shanghai SIPG in 2017 AFC Champions League mode, alongside Alex Teixeira, Omar Abdulrahman, Oscar, Park Chu-young, Ramires, and more. Fingers crossed anyway! :great:
✅ 🐦 💟

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Announced!

Of course. Forgot about the AFC CL. :)

Players included would be Hulk, Oscar, Ricardo Carvalho, Ramires, Alex Teixeira, Paulinho and Jackson Martínez. Only 3 Chinese teams this year though. Shanghai Greenland Shenhua got knocked out in the qualifiers so that means no Tevez. Also, Obafemi Martins would have nice to have seen him back licensed. :)

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Announced!

Seen the screens Bhatti posted on Twitter of some faces? Stone the crows!

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES 2018 Announced!

MotherHen wrote:
4 months ago
Seen the screens Bhatti posted on Twitter of some faces? Stone the crows!
Like I always say, PES faces > everything else.

I honestly can't understand it when people try to compare PES and FIFA faces - quite simply, there is only one winner. 8-)
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by Shales » 4 months ago

Mike wrote:
4 months ago
CHALLENGES & GOALS
At the start of the season you will now be given a set of objectives and challenges according to the state of your team, which are important if you want to stay in the job!

PRE-SEASON TOURNAMENTS
Play against the big teams before the season starts.

TRANSFER SYSTEM ENHANCEMENT
New elements added such as release fees in player contracts.

Really hoping these are meaningful additions, there is some real potential in these.

Challenges - Lets hope these aren't just the standard "Must qualify for UCL". Would be cool if you had to promote X amount of youth players and give them X amount of games in the first XI. Or even tasked with raising X amount of money.

Pre Season Tournaments - Lets hope this isn't just something you want to skip. Really hope that this brings cut scenes and meaningful income. Even better would be used for fitness and squad team spirit. Also a great chance to give the odd youth player a chance. Being an Arsenal Fan I am just thinking of the Emirates Cup, and the benefits that brings to the club.

Transfer System - I think we are all craving for a watered down Football Manager type mode. When I used to play FM (which was a lot) I used to be genuinely happy well I managed to pull off a top signing. Especially when you knew that the player signed would be a team/game changer. Whether it was to be a "Legend" for your club, or a player that you knew you would have to sell on for big money. Real game changers! Just hope that transfers actually have excitement to them in 2018.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Announced!

Whilst i haven't played the game myself, there is one concern i have... Whenever i read comments on Twitter about the game, people always say they've had "high scoring matches".... Does that mean the keepers are back to being shite then?? :(

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by Shales » 4 months ago

MotherHen wrote:
4 months ago
Whilst i haven't played the game myself, there is one concern i have... Whenever i read comments on Twitter about the game, people always say they've had "high scoring matches".... Does that mean the keepers are back to being shite then?? :(
I've not played it either, but I think the high scoring games are down to the learning curve as the game has changed quite a bit. Read a lot about having to learn how to defend again. It's all about coving up spaces on the pitch rather than sprinting after players holding the X button.

That's what I'd like to think. the games at the moment seem quite open due to over committing players. That's naturally going to cause more goal/chances.

The GKs are pretty good from what I've read from the people who have spent a bit of time playing 2018
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES 2018 Announced!

MotherHen wrote:
4 months ago
I guess it depends on how people define "high scoring matches".

For me, as long as 99% of matches see zero to six goals scored, I'd be pretty happy with that. Although I'd say things like this can often be pretty contextual: how good each user is, which teams they're playing as, length of match-time, etc.

Regarding goalkeepers, how did you rate them in PES 2017?

EDIT: New faces... :great:

✅ 🐦 💟

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Announced!

I rated the goalies very high. There was never a time where if i was one on one with the keeper, i knew i was gonna score like in 2016.

Im loving all these new faces. But i hope they don't remake them all! Would like to see other players have them. :)

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES 2018 Announced!

MotherHen wrote:
4 months ago
I rated the goalies very high.
MotherHen wrote:
4 months ago
Im loving all these new faces. But i hope they don't remake them all! Would like to see other players have them.
As far as I know, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. ☺️
✅ 🐦 💟

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES 2018 Discussion, News & Speculation

[mention]MotherHen[/mention] Now that it's Friday (embargo is over 😌), I can safely say the goalkeepers in PES 2018 are absolutely fantastic.

I spent around seven-and-a-half hours with the E3 build earlier this week, and from what I saw, it's clear to see significant improvements have been made since last year. Looking back, I was actually pretty happy with the keepers on 2017, so you can imagine my delight when realising Konami have pushed them up yet another level.

There are loads of new animations - goalkeepers will now peer around their team-mates to get a better view of the on-coming attack, and can now perform over-head, two-handed throw-outs - all of this, and more, make them look and play great. Although there's still room for improvement (such as saving one-on-ones and positioning when rushing out of goal), I'm hopeful such issues will be ironed out come demo/launch day.

If you guys have any other PES 2018 gameplay related questions, then please fire away. I'll do my best to answer them.
✅ 🐦 💟

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

I have seen videos of the two handed throws and some fantastic saves! My only worries was reports of all the games being high scores. :)

One thing i'd like to know is, hows the referee & CPU fowling? Whilst improved in 2017, the CPU rarely gave away free kick or penalties or had players sent off.

Mike
Founder
Founder

MotherHen wrote:
4 months ago
My only worries was reports of all the games being high scores.
Several matches of mine were still 0-0 after 90 minutes, although I do remember winning one 6-0 and losing another 5-2, though I'd probably put that down to the following:

- Red cards seemed to have a greater influence
- Aubameyang and Griezmann were virtually unstoppable at times - you actually have to think about defending now
- Don't ask me why, but no matter how many times I tried, I just couldn't win with the Brazil national team - I really hope this won't be the case for the Online Beta as I really enjoy playing with Coutinho, Giuliano and Neymar! 😆
MotherHen wrote:
4 months ago
One thing i'd like to know is, hows the referee & CPU fowling? Whilst improved in 2017, the CPU rarely gave away free kick or penalties or had players sent off.
Unfortunately, I only had one match against the CPU: 3v3 Co-Op (me plus two CPUs vs three CPUs), so I'd personally want more time with the game before discussing CPU fouls.
✅ 🐦 💟