itstroff
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Discussion, News + Videos

Post by itstroff » 5 months ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote:
5 months ago
Release clauses are going to be our down fall
Do worry about this myself. Got one of my youngsters to renew early but didn't realise you can keep pushing the release fee up by renegotiating. A couple of seasons and growth spurts and he's now worth nearly 3 million more than his 4.5 million release fee.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 months ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote:
5 months ago
I have found I have been able to get rid of a lot of players on loan and transfer wise by listing them.. Are you playing Challenge or Classic mode?
Challenge Mode.

Looks like I spoke too soon though. By the end of deadline day, other clubs came in for all my 'available for loan' players. I even managed to swap Per Mertesacker for Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon! :great:
ukexplicit1984 wrote:
5 months ago
if Roque Santa Cruz appears in my youth squad next year then I am done
His in-game face genuinely upsets me. :-D
✅ 🐦 💟

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Still that really annoying problem in ML...you replace someone in your team and often they don't fancy warming the bench. So even in their mid 20's they will randomly retire.

Played a bit more since the DLC, I reckon If the gameplay has been patched I don't think there's much difference. Though it might be just a run of games, or me paying attention to it more, but I've seen loads of really good clawed out saves lately. Like the balls behind the keeper, you've got both hands in the air in celebration before realising you've got a corner, kind of good.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 5 months ago

itstroff wrote:
5 months ago
Do worry about this myself. Got one of my youngsters to renew early but didn't realise you can keep pushing the release fee up by renegotiating. A couple of seasons and growth spurts and he's now worth nearly 3 million more than his 4.5 million release fee.
So I just renegotiated their contracts again once the previous new ones started and managed to push up the release fees a lot and remove them in some cases.. I don't know if them having a new contract signed stops them from leaving or not but I am sure hoping it works. As they have agreed I would imagine they can not accept an offer from elsewhere unless I allow it?

As for keepers, yeah I can't fault them other than they really struggle with lobs and lofted through balls, like they can't deal with a player heading a lofted through ball, they go into panic mode and collapse under it. Other than that, this years keepers are really, really good, apart from in MyClub occasionally when they all turn into Hureleoh Gomes in his Spurs days...

Speaking of, after finally clawing a bit of cash together and buying a few scouts at auction, I managed to sign the one player I have wanted for the past 2-3 seasons ever since he was the main man for me in PES 2013 causing issues down the right... I am speaking of course, of the Spurs legend, Erik Lamela! Welcome to the club! This has basically ended MyClub for me as I just don't actually feel like I need anyone else anymore!

PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

MotherHen
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 5 months ago

I only play against the CPU and I believe that if it wasn't for the lack of CPU fouls, then this game would keep me happy forever. I had a match on regular against Ajax in the Cryuff challenge. The Ajax goalkeeper was pulling of save after safe. De Gea like saves.
Proper "Its a goal!".... "He saved it?!" kinda moments.

Also, someone in my family knows someone who works for EA. He claims that EA have won the rights to the Champions League licence Take it with a pinch of salt as its a "Someone I know" line... But, Konami only signed a 3 year deal and I believe its about to expire? If they did lose it, how would people feel? For me, It wouldn't be the end of the world but its still another license lost....
"Establishing Communications"

itstroff
Regular
Regular

ukexplicit1984 wrote:
5 months ago
As for keepers, yeah I can't fault them other than they really struggle with lobs and lofted through balls
I think they've always been too good in this kind of situation for my liking. As far back as I can remember you could never just about beat the keeper to a though ball. It was either the keepers to claim easily or they'd stay on their line whilst the attacker ran on to it...never any grey area.
MotherHen wrote:
5 months ago
If they did lose it, how would people feel?
It wouldn't be the end of the world, but it is one of those things you just can't fix with edit mode. That said I do really like it in ML...you spend however many seasons trying to qualify and when you hear the music for the first time, you do get that "we've made it" kind of feeling.
MotherHen wrote:
5 months ago
I only play against the CPU and I believe that if it wasn't for the lack of CPU fouls
Fouls are good for me in ML. Don't know if it was the patch before last or if I've trained a few players with the malicia skill, but I am getting a fair share of free kicks within shooting range.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

I would take the champions league thing with a pinch of salt. That rumor has been around for a little while now but I am sure I read somewhere a while back that konami has first option on renewing the licence? Either way it's not a deal breaker for me though it would be a shame. Something needs to be done though as there really is no justification for one game to be allowed a full licence and not the other. Konami should offer Ea the chance to use the champions league licence as long as konami get equal use of all the other licences. Let the competition play out on the pitch so to speak!

MotherHen
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 5 months ago

I often see FIFA fans saying that FIFA is better due to gameplay and not licenses. But, i wonder.... What if? What if they lost the PL license and PES had it along with all 20 stadiums complete with outside view?
Would the German Bundesliga and all the other pointless teams be enough to make it sell millions? Or is the PL really all that matters? I wonder how drastic sales would shift? I know it will never happen but still.... :)
itstroff wrote:
5 months ago
Fouls are good for me in ML.
Well, I'm yet to start my ML. Need to do a bit more editing first :)
"Establishing Communications"

Mike
Founder
Founder

MotherHen wrote:
5 months ago
Well, I'm yet to start my ML.
I'm now at my first winter transfer window and I've just managed to sell Cech and Cazorla to Man City and Galatasaray respectively. So now I'm on the hunt for a new GK - preferably someone who's younger than 30 years old, has a real in-game face as well as the Low Punt Trajectory skill.

Recommendations appreciated. :)

Donnarumma is the obvious choice, and I will stick in a cheeky bid, but I'm sure Milan won't be up for getting rid!
✅ 🐦 💟

itstroff
Regular
Regular

I'm quite a few seasons into my ML and the cracks are really starting to appear. Players ratings really don't decrease enough with age so players don't get pushed out of the first team. Because they're still getting regular games they're very unlikely to retire and as a result Totti is nearly 50 and is still starting for Inter.

The main issue I'm having is that I can't sign anyone to improve my squad. After several seasons playing first team football, nearly every half decent player's affection level is maxed out. I've got 190 million to spend and looking for players with 80+ ratings that I've got anything over 0% change of signing and they are very few and far between.

Mike
Founder
Founder

itstroff wrote:
5 months ago
I've got 190 million to spend and looking for players with 80+ ratings that I've got anything over 0% change of signing and they are very few and far between.
If it's anything like PES 2017, after a few seasons, OVRs will become a little inflated compared to season one - and it's even worse if you have Legends activated! :great:

In the end, I tried going for Donnarumma and Lafont. Milan were demanding at least £32m which I couldn't really justify, while Lafont's wage demands were quite high for a 19-year-old 'keeper.

So after all that, the transfer window has closed which means I've got just one GK - David Ospina - to last me until the end of the season... youngsters Iliev and Macey are both out on loan! :lol:
✅ 🐦 💟

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Mike wrote:
5 months ago
In the end, I tried going for Donnarumma and Lafont. Milan were demanding at least £32m which I couldn't really justify, while Lafont's wage demands were quite high for a 19-year-old 'keeper.
We got lafont to shore up our keeping situation and he is superb. His fee was reasonable but as you say, his waves are high. But he has been one hundred percent worth it so far!

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Just played a little my club, had the most fantastic 1-0 victory. Literally was the closest game I have ever played online, the other guy played football and wasn't trying to exploit, lots of passing and build up and we almost cancelled each other out. I think he had 2 shots the whole game and I had just the one proper chance with Bellotti in the 80th minute and slotted it home. Just shows, when you aren't playing exploiters and spammers that this game really can be glorious online.

Mike
Founder
Founder

ukexplicit1984 wrote:
5 months ago
We got lafont to shore up our keeping situation and he is superb. His fee was reasonable but as you say, his waves are high. But he has been one hundred percent worth it so far!
Sounds promising!

I'm definitely going to go for him in the next window. Assuming his wage demands will still be quite high, I reckon I'll just have to bite the bullet and give him what he wants! :-D

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Mike wrote:
5 months ago
, I reckon I'll just have to bite the bullet and give him what he wants!
That's just not the Arsenal way though is it :)