📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2018 Discussion, News + Videos

MotherHen
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

PES 2018 Discussion, News & Videos

Post by MotherHen » 2 years ago

Also, something else i must add. I saw a comment on Twitter from Adam Bhatti where he said that a stadium creator isn't being added as its low down on user requests.
Im not a Adam hater like most on social media but im calling bulls#it on that one.

"Establishing Communications"

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

The Brazilian part of the PES world tour has just finished and Sócrates and Romário are the new legends. They have also struck some kind of deal with Vasco De Gama. This includes the Estádio São Januário stadium.
All 20 Brazilian club teams are also licensed.

New trailer

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

Some images from the trailer. The new stadium looks great. Some faces. Not sure who these players are though. One thing i did notice was that the player name on the back of the Gremio jersey was fake. So, it looks like some teams will have this issue again.

Also! The next stop on the tour is Mexico. Any idea why they would go there?? There's never any Mexican club teams in PES and the national team is always fake...

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 2 years ago

MotherHen wrote:
2 years ago
This includes the Estádio São Januário stadium
Such a unique-looking stadium, I'm really glad to see it's in. 8-)

Image Image

Image Image
✅ 🐦 💟

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

Any idea why they are going to Mexico Mike? Not sure how "in the know" you are with these kinda things :)

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

Also, i did message the person who originally shared this image and he doesn't say that its fake.

Thinking about it, last years "Other teams" section was piss weak. 9 was all we got. Was this maybe because they blew all there budget on the Liverpool, Dortmund & Barcelona licenses? I doubt they were cheap. So now that they have those, it frees them up to get more 'other teams' this year...

I know they have new deals this year but im sure that Vasco De Gama, Fulham & Valencia don't command sky high fees like the others. This is just a thought i had... :)

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 2 years ago

MotherHen wrote:
2 years ago
Any idea why they are going to Mexico Mike? Not sure how "in the know" you are with these kinda things :)
I'm sure Liga MX is exclusive to EA, so it won't be that.

In terms of extras, I hope more Mexican players will get given faces - Raúl Jiménez (Benfica) and Jesús Corona (Porto) are two highly-rated players who had generic faces in PES 2017.

Mexican Legends are also possible I guess but much more unlikely.

Personally, I'd say the whole point of the World Tour is to let as many people - fans and press alike - to play the game. Treat any further announcements as a bonus. 😌
✅ 🐦 💟

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

I get your point. Its just that if PES was coming to my town, i'd want something related to my country. But, who knows. They may have something up their sleeve. Also, looking at the Twitter profile of this Nocturno chap, he doesn't seem to post stuff that's not true. He posted an image of the back of the 2018 box. In the small print, it says that Arsenal are licensed. We've not seen anything of them which made we wonder if they was out. But, its appears not.

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 2 years ago

Interesting to see what comes out of the Mexico leg of the tour then. An unlicensed league with a couple of partnered teams would be great, but very unlikely. Maybe a partnership and a fake North American league would work. Think I'm getting carried away here....

I'd bet on Hugo Sanchez as a new legend, with afro and goal celebrations.

The new Vasco stadium looks brilliant, an excellent addition.

The other teams list, posted by Mother Hen looks like a good improvement on last season. I hope the source is right. It doesn't seem beyond the realms of possibility.

This steady stream of good news has been good, let's hope for more. (y)

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 2 years ago

MotherHen wrote:
2 years ago
He posted an image of the back of the 2018 box. In the small print, it says that Arsenal are licensed. We've not seen anything of them which made we wonder if they was out. But, its appears not.
I mean they kind of announced Arsenal in the online Beta with a picture of three players, so makes sense that they are in. I am still not sure about his information, I mean license stuff is always top secret information that is reservedd for E3 or gamescom. So I am wondering where he got that information. We will know for sure in two weeks
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 2 years ago

Lateralus wrote:
2 years ago
I mean they kind of announced Arsenal in the online Beta with a picture of three players, so makes sense that they are in. I am still not sure about his information, I mean license stuff is always top secret information that is reservedd for E3 or gamescom. So I am wondering where he got that information. We will know for sure in two weeks
This license has been all but announced now. Strange how no one is really picking up on this at the mo. Why are Konami not announcing this yet.?.?.?. The Arsenal fan in me is hoping there is more to announce yet. Perhaps late discussions over a partnership, or finalising the use of The Emirates. Who knows. Does seem strange though that they have not really spoke about this yet, when the license had pretty much been revealed anyway.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

Some people are losing there mind over an image that appeared on Twitter which suggests that only Inter Milan are licensed from Italy. I myself believe this is just a fan made check list backed up by the "* Confirmed" at the bottom. Inter was in the launch trailer which is why they are most likely listed... Strange that Dynamo Zagreb are listed as confirmed and Red Bull Brazil are listed.

Off topic, I feel EA have been real quiet so far this summer... All they have announced is the German 3rd division. I was expecting them to announce more deals just to screw Konami over.

MotherHen
Professional
Professional

"PES 2018 fans have managed to get their first look at the box art for the game. And it didn’t take long for them to spot some significant information. A close inspection of the small print on the back of the box reveals some details about the game’s partnerships and licenses.
Of the licenses listed, Arsenal football club and the Japanese Football Association (JFA) are both mentioned. Arsenal was one of the few clubs who allowed Konami to use their kits and badges in the last game, so their inclusion isn’t a surprise. But the JFA is a huge coup, especially given that FIFA 18 developer EA won’t be featuring the Chinese Super League."

A quick google and it appears the the JFA is the actual Japanese league and not the national teams like people think. A quick Google shows that the deal that EA signed with the JFA was NOT exclusive.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 2 years ago

MotherHen wrote:
2 years ago
Some people are losing there mind over an image that appeared on Twitter which suggests that only Inter Milan are licensed from Italy.
I wouldn't get carried away with this list. I do recall Adam saying he's experimenting a Master league with his team, AC Milan. He wouldn't say that if they called Milano Red. Last year, AS Roma were listed on the back of the box, but we obviously had a near Italian league, just lacking Juve and the Serie A license. I don't know for sure what was so special about Roma last year, but they had to listed in the details on the box.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

Post by Lateralus » 2 years ago

Shales wrote:
2 years ago
This license has been all but announced now. Strange how no one is really picking up on this at the mo. Why are Konami not announcing this yet.?.?.?. The Arsenal fan in me is hoping there is more to announce yet. Perhaps late discussions over a partnership, or finalising the use of The Emirates. Who knows. Does seem strange though that they have not really spoke about this yet, when the license had pretty much been revealed anyway.
That's what I thought once I opened the beta and I saw a picture of three Arsenal players in the alternate kit - why have they not spoken about it yet? Maybe the do have some things to reveal but wait for gamescom to get all the attention they can.
A partnership would be great but I would not get my hopes up to have emirates in it. But you never know ;)
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.