Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

PES 2018 Discussion, News + Videos

Post by Mike » 2 months ago

MotherHen wrote:
3 months ago
Also, @Mike, any idea what the "Import/Export Competition" option is in data management?
This year, users can import emblems, names, etc for custom leagues - last year, each user had to edit everything themselves.

✅ 🐦 💟

MotherHen
Regular
Regular
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 2 months ago

Oh right ok. :)

Also, has anyone applied the latest update? Did all the players that need base copying go into the free pool or get deleted?
"Establishing Communications"

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 2 months ago

Mike wrote:
2 months ago
Also, has anyone applied the latest update? Did all the players that need base copying go into the free pool or get deleted?
Just been confirmed to me that they removed players are in Free Agents. They will most likely be removed when the 1st Data Pack arrives.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

Oh that's good. No rush then. :)

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Will » 2 months ago

Just got home to play the game, been stuck in matchmaking on MyClub for half an hour. Anyone had any luck trying to find an opponent online yet? I'm on PS4.
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Pes140 » 2 months ago

Shales wrote:
2 months ago
Just been confirmed to me that they removed players are in Free Agents. They will most likely be removed when the 1st Data Pack arrives.
Do you have any idea when the DP1 will be available for download?

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Will » 2 months ago

Will wrote:
2 months ago
Just got home to play the game, been stuck in matchmaking on MyClub for half an hour. Anyone had any luck trying to find an opponent online yet? I'm on PS4.
Seems to be working now. Good fun so far!
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 2 months ago

Purchased the game on PC, first time I've purchased since 2015 I think? Played 2 games on Top Player, both 0-0 draws. Had a couple one on one's and both times the player hit it wide, not even hitting the target, seems a bit odd? Initial impressions are that the game seems enjoyable. Still a bit of passes and runs being on rails and some annoying unresponsiveness but not unbareable.

The actually shooting seems nicely powered and I like how it feels so far (except the 1v1s but I'll see what the crack is with that in time).

Graphics in 4k look very nice, so sharp and crisp, colours look nice. Thumbs up on that one.

I quite like how the penalties work, slightly dumbed down but it works better than previous incarnations.

Couldn't connect to servers at all last night but not bothered about that yet, it's Konami and day one, if you expect that to work then you live in some fantasy universe.

Sorry to end on a negative but I can only tell it how it is. The commentary, err, is it broken or is this how it's meant to be? "Suarez...(1 second gap)...is considered an...(2 second gap)...excellent FINISHER"? All with different pauses, tones and inflictions. Is this serious? Please tell me this is just an error that's being fixed yeah? (hmm)

Anyway, looking forward to trying it a bit this weekend, the game feels like an actually playable game this year for a change! :P
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 2 months ago

Enjoying myself so far...still trying to find my difficulty level though. Won nearly every exhibition game on Top Player but then crashed out of the group stage of the World Cup with no points. (it was England though)

Still noticing loads of new animations with each match. At times the game feels almost identical to last year, but then you see a nice shielding animation, play a through ball and watch how the keeper somehow claws a ball out...all of which you'd never have seen in 2017.

Are people still finding free kicks a bit easy? Not had one within shooting range yet myself. The system is far too clumsy to be used for short goal kicks though, I've started using the receiving player control instead.

Slightly concerned about some of the things I've read about the ML transfers. I don't mind unrealistic transfers as such, but I'm not liking the sound of teams virtually clearing out their starting 11 in the first window.

Out of curiosity has anyone seen an in game injury yet? I've only seen the one AI foul against me so far. You do start to wonder...I mean there is absolutely no way that this wasn't fed back to them umpteen times over the last two years.
tigerwalms wrote:
2 months ago
The commentary, err, is it broken or is this how it's meant to be?
Yeah I've noticed quite a few times where the team/player name really jars with the rest of what's being said.
tigerwalms wrote:
2 months ago
Still a bit of passes and runs being on rails and some annoying unresponsiveness but not unbareable.
Not sure I'm quite with you on the passing. I've knocked plenty of fairly straightforward balls into touch.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 2 months ago

itstroff wrote:
2 months ago
Are people still finding free kicks a bit easy?
I've taken loads but only scored one so far - and that was with Calhanoglu which, with his 91 FK rating, I guess you could call it cheating! :lol:
✅ 🐦 💟

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 2 months ago

Does anyone know if anyone has done an option file for the two classic teams like last year with faces and kits and real names?
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

Well, whilst taking a break from editing, i decided to see how many fake teams appeared in the CL and EL. Non appeared in either....

Also, AC Milan has PES2018 listed on the bottom of their website in the partners section. So, it appears that both Milan clubs are two of the three new partnered teams.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 2 months ago

Genuinely amazed with how little work they've seemingly done to the commentary, how have they managed to make it worse? And that's completely disregarding the dodgy script/delivery which no one expects much from.

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 2 months ago

@itstroff Fully agree, that's my biggest disappointment about the game. The pool of call names available is so poor :(
Chris Coleman - Manager of the Year 2018

Shales

Post by Shales » 2 months ago

Might Arsenal be the missing Partner?.?.?.? Here they are (Petr Cech )appearing on the Mobile version under Partnered Clubs. The same way that Inter did before the Partnership was announced.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA