PES 2018 Discussion, News + Videos

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 2 months ago

Oh I hope it's not Arsenal :) in the nicest possible way!

Anyways, had chance to put some time in. Game is sublime. Especially online for a change where it is silky smooth and plays like offline. Think that is my biggest surprise. Actually enjoying playing myclub games and had a few close wins. You get the odd spammer but for the most part it's been good. Got ochoa in goal and the guy is a beast, saved my team on numerous occasions. Loving the keepers this year more than ever.

Started a new ml with the girlfriend and we are struggling in the championship with the default ml squad. It's tough to bring players in this year with such a small starting budget. We have been set a goal of 9th or above, 6 games in and I am not sure we are gonna manage it! Ai can be a bit annoying on top player but the lack of fouls people have complained about hasn't exactly been evident as we have had plenty of free kicks so far.

Played a friend a lot online too and it is a joy to behold when playing against a like minded opponent. Got some friends over next weekend for a pes night and we are just going to do random selection match all night I reckon, that mode is going to be the go to match up I reckon!

Loving it, anyone in here who is on the fence about buying i suggest you go for it! Yeah the commentary could be a lot better but to be honest, once I get bored of it I will switch it to Spanish and leave it there :)

PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 2 months ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote:
2 months ago
Oh I hope it's not Arsenal in the nicest possible way!
*hovers finger over BAN button*

;)
✅ 🐦 💟

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Will » 2 months ago

I've started an ML with Hellas Verona on Superstar, which has been good so far.

I have to say, though, offline the game frustrates me a lot, I don't find any of the teams I have faced so far have had any real identity to them; they all play the same way, which is over the top through balls pretty much being their only way of attacking. On top of that the game just plays way too end to end for me, there's no real midfield battles (hence the lack of free kicks IMO), and then, weirdly, the AI hardly defends the flanks; I can usually run pretty much from box to box with my right back without being closed down properly, which I can't believe has made it through to the final game.

All this is not to say I haven't enjoyed the game, but I find it weird that we're in 2017 and we still don't have a game that has managed to nail down the fundamentals of football. PES 2018 does so many things extremely well, but it's lacking in some pretty basic things IMO. Hopefully Konami can patch a few of them. (y)

Also, what is up with the transfer system in ML? End of the first window in my save and AI Arsenal have sold nine first team players including Lacazette without signing anyone, Mbappe has gone to WBA and Harry Kane to West Ham. Also hearing Liverpool are in the Europa League (which I don't mind too much) :lol:
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Will » 2 months ago

Oh, one other thing; a lot of the Serie A clubs (including Genoa, Chievo, Lazio and Hellas Verona from what I've seen) are licensed, but the kits are missing all of the sponsors, and can't be edited.

Anyone heard if there are any plans for these to be updated in the next Data Pack?
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Will wrote:
2 months ago
End of the first window in my save and AI Arsenal have sold nine first team players including Lacazette without signing anyone
I'll be the one to say it, that sounds about right. Konami have nailed down the realism this year :)

MotherHen
Regular
Regular
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 2 months ago

Looks like it then. So, i guess the Emirates is this unique stadium that is being added then...
"Establishing Communications"

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

Will wrote:
2 months ago
Anyone heard if there are any plans for these to be updated in the next Data Pack?
Yeah. I saw Bhatti say this will be updated in the first DLC pack. No idea when this is tho!

cartman84
Reserve
Reserve

Post by cartman84 » 2 months ago

Myclub is the only mode I play and it's great but needs some new additions maybe. There should be more ways to earn GP I.e maybe be able to put your scouts on the auction site so other people can buy your scouts instead of using them. Contracts are still far to expensive considering it costs 10k GP for one player!!!

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

cartman84 wrote:
2 months ago
Myclub is the only mode I play and it's great but needs some new additions maybe. There should be more ways to earn GP I.e maybe be able to put your scouts on the auction site so other people can buy your scouts instead of using them. Contracts are still far to expensive considering it costs 10k GP for one player!!!
100% agree with selling unwanted scouts. I don't want a transfer market like Fifa but being able to auction of our scouts would be a great way to make some gp. I mean I have a 4 star other euro scout and I could sell that for a fortune if I was able to auction it i reckon!

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 2 months ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote:
2 months ago
Started a new ml with the girlfriend
Living the dream mate

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

itstroff wrote:
2 months ago
Living the dream mate
It is fantastic but she is getting a bit too good for my liking :)

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

Does anyone have any idea how to play multi-player matches and use edited data? Im using my PS4 and my mate comes down, but when we try and play, we are unable to use edited data. Why is it like this? Is it possible to get round it? Its so annoying.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

MotherHen wrote:
2 months ago
Does anyone have any idea how to play multi-player matches and use edited data? Im using my PS4 and my mate comes down, but when we try and play, we are unable to use edited data. Why is it like this? Is it possible to get round it? Its so annoying.
I have found if you get your friends to use another online profile that works. Basically any profile you want to use in pes, load the game up with that profile and just get to the main menu so you have accepted all the terms and conditions with all the profiles you will use for pes. Did that with the missus psn profile and we ain't had a problem since then.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 2 months ago

MotherHen wrote:
2 months ago
Like @MotherHen says above, player two must sign into their own PSN account.

Funnily enough, I was also asked this on Twitter earlier today, which led me to find this useful article regarding the issue.
✅ 🐦 💟

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 2 months ago

Seeing some promising things from the AI, even if it does overly favour a chipped through ball at times (but then don't we all). I had a 'mare with my keeper stranded outside the area...normally the AI would just carry on as normal, ignoring the open goal but it hit the shot first time from about 40 yards.

For me the keepers are easily the most improved part of the game, both in terms of what they keep out and the animations. Speaking of animations the collision system has had a lot of work, seeing lots of off the ball bumps, tangled legs and players getting upended when trying to jump whilst being backed into. There are some clipping problems, players arms going through their own torso, but nothing that you'd notice outside of replays.

Fouls are a weird one, I don't see any and then get 4-5 in one game. What I can't understand is how I'm yet to see anyone injured mid game after 5-6 different tournaments. I mean, it's such a painfully basic thing that they got right nearly 20 years ago and it's been missing for like 4 or 5 years, maybe more?
Will wrote:
2 months ago
Also, what is up with the transfer system in ML?
Do we think this has anything to do with the release clauses? Really hoping they can get a patch out...and soon. I'm really loving the gameplay but when it comes to longevity I'm only interested in ML.