PES 2018 Discussion, News + Videos

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 2 months ago

Indeed, especially as a lot of the time you'd be swapping for the sake of it where they can pass before you can close down.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 2 months ago

One thing I will say about player switching, it's broken in offline Co op. Or maybe broken is the wrong word. But in 2017, if I passed the ball, my girlfriend would automatically get control of the player receiving the ball. This year I have played 3 or so passes to myself or crossed to myself and it is frustrating as hell. Has anyone else experienced this because I am sure, other than very rare occurrences in previous games, it always gave control to the other player as the receiver..
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 2 months ago

I used one of the normal 10k agents (the goalkeeper one) and for some reason every single ball going across the screen was black. Why did this happen, why did it decide that I was definitely getting a black ball? Is there a certain amount of spins you can make until it decides to give you a black? Seemed very odd.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 2 months ago

tigerwalms wrote:
2 months ago
I used one of the normal 10k agents (the goalkeeper one) and for some reason every single ball going across the screen was black. Why did this happen, why did it decide that I was definitely getting a black ball? Is there a certain amount of spins you can make until it decides to give you a black? Seemed very odd.
I have no idea why this happened but if I could borrow your luck for just a few minutes that would be great...

Saying that, I have Ochoa in goal who I believe is silver rated (maybe gold) and he is absolutely class.. Unless I get one of the real big names he will be staying in between the sticks permanently!

MotherHen
Regular
Regular
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 2 months ago

Arsenal officially announced as a partner along with the stadium. Just a generic trailer. No stadium shown.
"Establishing Communications"

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 2 months ago

MotherHen wrote:
2 months ago
Arsenal officially announced as a partner along with the stadium. Just a generic trailer. No stadium shown.
Delighted! Throw in a few more faces for our youngsters and ML will be a dream to play! :great:
✅ 🐦 💟

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 1 month ago

So now we have all had a decent amount of time with the game, what is everyone's views on it? Me personally, I am loving myclub. Connection is rock solid and I am alternating between a 4 star and a 2 star team which are both a lot of fun. If anything I prefer my 2 star team.

Where this mode falls down a bit though is the gp. I get that Konami want to get money out of us for coins. The problem is, paying money for spins is a terrible idea and it costs an absolute fortune. They need to tone this down and actually reward people well for their victories and promotions. 10000gp for a promotion and a bit more per win would be very nice and stop the constant struggle for contracts that you can end up with after a few bad games.

I would also love to see a player driven auction house for scouts. I have a heap of scouts I may never use but someone out there might want them so let me earn a bit of gp by selling them to fellow players. Again, this is clearly something Konami could easily do but again, I guess the coins thing stops them. They need to ease up on the greed a bit. MLO with the randomness of spins is how this mode should be!

Master league, it's usually my go to mode and me and the missus played it a load last season. This year it feels cheap. By that I mean we are playing as Fulham on top player, we are decent at the game and tend to win more than lose but watching a team like Burton albion pass the ball around 1 touch Barcelona style really does kill it a bit. Too many back heels and pin point through balls for my liking by relatively bad teams. Not to mention the spammy nature of the ai high through balls. I get the feeling if they could make teams play a bit more realistically and stop the ai playing like van Der Mirch spammers from 2013 then the mode could be a lot more enjoyable. At the moment it just feels like a bit of a let down and we have struggled to really get going with it. Which is a massive shame in my opinion.

Other than that I love this year's game, as I said, myclub games feel great despite the odd cheap tactics idiot. But it seems a bit more straight forward to counter act the spammers. Offline versus with friends is probably the best the game has ever been. Me and some friends played random selection match for about 6 hours the other week and it was glorious. If they could bring this mode online it would be incredible.

So what is everyone else thinking? It only needs a few tweaks in my opinion and the game would be close to ideal in my eyes. Just master league fixes and a bit more generous with the gp in myclub!

Mike
Founder
Founder

Post by Mike » 1 month ago

New patch coming later this month:
After receiving feedback from our users, a patch will be released this month to fix the issues below:

Cursor change
Improved player selection

COM fouls
Increased aggression for COM defence and foul call balance

Goalkeepers
Reaction to variety of shots balanced, with keepers more likely to catch slow balls that do not necessarily have to be deflected

Defender AI
The final line AI decisions are improved in balance

All changes result in a more enjoyable and improved experience for all users.

We will be releasing more details next week, including information of exciting new content coming to PES 2018.

We thank all our fans for the continued feedback and support to help improve the game!
Source
✅ 🐦 💟

Mike
Founder
Founder

Great to see you're enjoying the game, @ukexplicit1984. :great:

As you may expect, I've spent most of my time in Edit mode this year. However, with my European edits now finished, I'm very much looking forward to kicking off my first Master League - though I will probably wait until Arsenal get their face scans and the Emirates, of course. I actually haven't touched myClub yet, although I am home alone tonight and tomorrow so will definitely have time to give it a try.
✅ 🐦 💟

MotherHen
Regular
Regular
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 1 month ago

I love the game apart from the lack of CPU fouls. I'd love to be able to take a free kick for once. :)

Also, i found legend to hard for my liking. I had one go and got pumped 8-0 by Liverpool.
"Establishing Communications"

Mike
Founder
Founder

MotherHen wrote:
1 month ago
Also, i found legend to hard for my liking. I had one go and got pumped 8-0 by Liverpool.
I had a few matches this morning and lost every time to Fulham - with, er, minnows Real Madrid! :lol:

Mike
Founder
Founder

✅ 🐦 💟

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 1 month ago

Looking forward to getting more details of DP2.0. Those faces are pretty damn good!

Been going through the exhausting process of finding fake Konami players in Free Agents and using them to Base Copy some of the proper Free Agents that will disappear soon. Tedious but worth it hopefully. Although they're a necessary evil, I absolutely hate the fake players from the fake teams- especially the good ones.
Chris Coleman - Manager of the Year 2018

gtc21
Warming Up
Warming Up
Supports: AEK Athens FC

Post by gtc21 » 1 month ago

DLC 2+gameplay update look pretty sweet. Always love seeing new faces, I can't stand generic looking players on big teams! :P

But the news is the two new stadiums: Emirates is a big win for KONAMI. Can't remember the last time they had 2 PL stadiums the same year!
Also Chile's stadium looks spectacular. Too bad there is the region lock, there's no way I'll ever play the Chilean League :great:

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 1 month ago

Nice one @gtc21 , I'd missed that bit of news. Looking forward to getting it downloaded and getting a ML started!

The Chilean stadium looks great. Wish they would stop that damn region lock!
Chris Coleman - Manager of the Year 2018