PES 2018 Discussion, News + Videos

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

PES 2018 Discussion, News & Speculation

Post by BunglesFinger » 1 year ago

@Mike

Did you see any new cut-scenes? Like injuries/serious injuries/carried off on a stretcher type scenarios? Substitutions maybe or even managers on the touchline?

Did you notice any new stats for the players? It would be great if there were more GK stats added so they could be more individuality.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 1 year ago

BunglesFinger wrote:
1 year ago
Did you see any new cut-scenes? Like injuries/serious injuries/carried off on a stretcher type scenarios? Substitutions maybe or even managers on the touchline?
I saw several new cut-scenes, such as Griezmann holding and kissing his hat-trick matchball as well as some new post-match hand-shakes and hugs between both teams which looked pretty cool, but didn't' see any stretchers.

No managers either. Although personally, this is something that doesn't really bother me. Even if the 44 English clubs all had their managers licensed for launch, I'd say at least a dozen of them would be sacked and out of the game by Christmas. Honestly, with the manager turnover so high right now, I find it hard to get enthusiastic about putting managers into the game. Alternatively, generic ones would be pretty 'meh' for me.
BunglesFinger wrote:
1 year ago
Did you notice any new stats for the players? It would be great if there were more GK stats added so they could be more individuality.
No new ones but it definitely felt like player stats had a bigger influence on gameplay - most especially Ball Control, Body Control and Speed.

Furthermore, there seemed to be a subtle difference in quality between goalkeepers: 88-rated Oblak was that bit more reliable and pulled off a few more 'wow' saves (point-blank shots, one-on-ones, etc) than the likes of 81-rated Alisson.
✅ 🐦 💟

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

@Mike Thanks for taking the time to reply mate!

Great to hear that things are looking and playing well. I like what you say about stats being influencial. Hopefully CBs playing like CBs and so on. I guess a lot of stats are hidden within certain players IDs. Pleased to hear that a great keeper like Oblak shines.

I take your point about the managers- it's certainly no deal breaker. I just love the idea of seeing some 'aggro' on the touchline. Seeing players and managers berate the officials, handbags etc - I love to see anything like that! You have to take all the entertainment you can when you support Sunderland :)

Mike
Founder
Founder

BunglesFinger wrote:
1 year ago
Hopefully CBs playing like CBs and so on.
With low Body Control and high Physical Contact, players like Godin and Matip feel totally different from Coutinho and Griezmann - and rightly so!
BunglesFinger wrote:
1 year ago
Pleased to hear that a great keeper like Oblak shines.
Some of his saves were mind-blowing. Obviously used to playing PES 2017, I remember putting my pad down to take a drink (fully expecting my opponent's shot to go straight in), but then I looked back up at the screen and realised there was an ongoing goal-mouth scramble - I asked my opponent what the hell happened and he replied, "Oblak saved it!" :lol:
BunglesFinger wrote:
1 year ago
You have to take all the entertainment you can when you support Sunderland :)
Your comment, not mine! ;)

Seriously though, good luck getting back into the Premier League. Although I'm sure you'll probably get more enjoyment going to Barnsley and Burton Albion rather than Arsenal and Chelsea. I feel the same way about playing in the Europa League next season! :great:
✅ 🐦 💟

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

All sounds good Mike, some nice improvements from PES 2017 and hopefully another improvement on ML and I'll be well happy. More team and logo slots and I'd be chuffed!

As for Sunderland- hoping that we can steady the ship and start regenerate ourselves a bit. We've been such a grab team for so long and didn't deserve to stay up. Hopefully we'll grace the PL with a bit more quality in the next few years.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Just released, Weeden's PES 2018 gameplay compilation is superb. 👏

✅ 🐦 💟

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

Mike wrote:
1 year ago
Just released, Weeden's PES 2018 gameplay compilation is superb. 👏

Don't know how he does it, but he always makes it look as though he's playing a totally different game than me!

I think I need to stop watching 2018 videos now. I don't want to see it all before I get a chance to play it. We've been spoilt with content this year. Usually only this much is available around Gamescom. Then it's close to demo time.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES 2018 Discussion, News & Videos

Shales wrote:
1 year ago
Don't know how he does it, but he always makes it look as though he's playing a totally different game than me!
He's so good at highlighting and showcasing the best bits of PES, especially the little things that most people don't even notice - like the grass on Reus' face at 00:11.
Shales wrote:
1 year ago
I think I need to stop watching 2018 videos now. I don't want to see it all before I get a chance to play it. We've been spoilt with content this year. Usually only this much is available around Gamescom. Then it's close to demo time.
Just 23 days to go until the Online Beta... ;)

✅ 🐦 💟

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 1 year ago

Mike wrote:
1 year ago

Just 23 days to go until the Online Beta... ;)

23 days 😩. Somehow that number seems small and massive at the same time.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 1 year ago

Any news on whether we need to register for the beta or whether it's open for anyone to download and try out?
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Mike
Founder
Founder

ukexplicit1984 wrote:
1 year ago
Any news on whether we need to register for the beta or whether it's open for anyone to download and try out?
I watched a video, recorded at E3, where Adam Bhatti said the beta will be "on the store" which suggests anyone and everyone will be able to access it.

EDIT: Here it is:

✅ 🐦 💟

Mike
Founder
Founder

More PES 2018 faces:

✅ 🐦 💟

stuartyd
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by stuartyd » 1 year ago

Has the advantage rule been fixed?
In 2017 if your player is robbed of the ball immediately after advantage is played after a foul, the ref lets the game play on instead of calling it back for the original free kick

Mike
Founder
Founder

stuartyd wrote:
1 year ago
Has the advantage rule been fixed?
In 2017 if your player is robbed of the ball immediately after advantage is played after a foul, the ref lets the game play on instead of calling it back for the original free kick
From what I can remember, it felt similar to 2017. To be honest though, I'd probably want more time with the game before working out a final verdict.
✅ 🐦 💟

Mike
Founder
Founder

More faces... 😎

✅ 🐦 💟