tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by tigerwalms » 2 months ago

Mike wrote:
2 months ago
Long time, no see! I hope everything's good with you, mate? :-)
I'm well thank you, hope everyone on this board is enjoying themselves.

I figure by September I may be ready to come out of my football hiatus enough to pick this up! Considering I missed last year I'll be interested to see how it's progressed. My only two requests at this time would be allowing co-op against the cpu online and a decent online network. I'm pretty much already certain I won't get either of these, but baby steps and all that...
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

MotherHen
Regular
Regular
Supports: Liverpool

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by MotherHen » 2 months ago

Well, looking on social media, the Bolt news hasn't gone down very well. The people complaining are the same ones saying "Konami could be spending that money on getting the Premier League or Bundesliga license!".... So, its pointless trying to argue with them. Im not fussed about it. If he has killer stats along with his 99 speed, it could be an issue in MyClub maybe? As in people will just spam the ball to him every chance they get.

Nice to see that we got the new Madrid stadium. My one question this year is what two German teams would we get alongside Dortmund. Leipzig finished 2nd and Hoffenheim 4th. So i guessed it could have been them. But Schalke are in the trailer (who finished 10th) so i guess they will stick with Levekusen as well (12th). Again, im fine with this as they have created faces for a lot of these players. Would be a shame to waste them for a team like Leipzig who would most likely all have fake faces anyway...

Also, i like the 'real' photos as seen on the game plan and pre-match intro. I just hope we can add them to fake and created players...
"Establishing Communications"

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by Mike » 2 months ago

MotherHen wrote:
2 months ago
If he has killer stats along with his 99 speed, it could be an issue in MyClub maybe? As in people will just spam the ball to him every chance they get.
He should probably be given 99 for both Explosive Power and Speed, however, the rest of his stats (especially Ball Control, Finishing and Passing) must be low. Please not another van der Mirch! :evil:
MotherHen wrote:
2 months ago
My one question this year is what two German teams would we get alongside Dortmund. Leipzig finished 2nd and Hoffenheim 4th. So i guessed it could have been them. But Schalke are in the trailer (who finished 10th) so i guess they will stick with Levekusen as well (12th). Again, im fine with this as they have created faces for a lot of these players. Would be a shame to waste them for a team like Leipzig who would most likely all have fake faces anyway...
Given they're in next season's Champions League, I'd be OK with RB Leipzig replacing Leverkusen. Although, I must admit it would be a shame to lose some great faces (Hernandez, Pohjanpalo, Tah, Wendell...).

Looking back, the only RB Leipzig players that had real faces in PES 2017 were: Burke, Forsberg, Ilsanker, Poulsen, Sabitzer. A lot of work needed for 2018, but like you suggest, it's almost wasted efforts if they're only going to be taken out again for 2019. (think)
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by Shales » 2 months ago

Mike wrote:
2 months ago
Please not another van der Mirch! :evil:
Yes this is my worry too. You'd hope that even with pace he can be dealt with. PES' tag line has been "control reality". Until Bolt actually starts playing football for a club then I don't really want him in. I don't really play myclub so it'll probably have no impact on me. I just don't want to be constantly reading people complaining to Konami on twitter about people spamming him.

That's all I've really got on the topic of Bolt. It's not my bag, but I'm going to focus on the good stuff I've seen today, and there has been plenty of it 👍
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Announced!

Does anyone actually know how the German teams work with football games? I know that FIFA have the exclusive license to the Bundesliga but what's the deal with the three teams deal that PES does?
Do they work individual deals with the three clubs? Why only three? Couldn't they do deals for all the teams (minus Bayern)? Is there something FIFA related that stops this or is it purely a money issue as it would cost too much?

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES 2018 Announced!

MotherHen wrote:
2 months ago
Does anyone actually know how the German teams work with football games? I know that FIFA have the exclusive license to the Bundesliga but what's the deal with the three teams deal that PES does?
Do they work individual deals with the three clubs? Why only three? Couldn't they do deals for all the teams (minus Bayern)? Is there something FIFA related that stops this or is it purely a money issue as it would cost too much?
The license belongs to EA for at least one more year, however, I believe the license will be up for grabs again in time for PES 2019 / FIFA 19.

This time though, hopefully the DFL will choose to improve their Bundesliga brand by letting both parties full access to the league, rather than making the league exclusive to the highest bidder.

In recent times, Konami has only ever been allowed to include a maximum of three German clubs. So far, only Borussia Dortmund and Schalke have been confirmed for PES 2018.
✅ 🐦 💟

itstroff
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by itstroff » 2 months ago

Looks a decent jump visually. The lighting, both night and day, looked spot on in some of the scenes. Hopefully see some good ML news now.

Really not sure about Bolt. Don't mind if he's playable or where the budget might better be spent, but it just looks a bit gimmicky. His appeal is pretty much universal though so they can't really go wrong.

Shales

PES 2018 Announced!

I can see visual improvements but I don't think we can truly pick up everything from a Stream which might only be 720p. I not taking much from the 6min gameplay clip that I've seen so far. I'll have to wait until getting a better look.

My main takes from the Trailer/Announcements are;

+ Maradona dribbling. His running style is excellent and the way he feints is very life like. Hoping that a lot of this is just natural L stick dribbling.
+ Free Kicks. Amazing to see the back of the Guide Lines. New camera angles look great. PES changing things up with a better broadcast style. A nice change, if not a bit overdue.
+ The "Life" in the Stadium. The Crowd looks a lot better and the trailer hints at better sounds/atmosphere. A needed improvement
+ Bolt. Obviously. I am over it now. Was a bit put off by this, probably the shock factor more than anything. I don't play myClub so I wont really see it. I accept that myClub has probably saved PES. I think we are all seeing the benefits of the extra cash that it's bring in. If they want to chuck in the odd novelty then go for it. I just see it as a dangerous game Konami are playing. So many complaints about certain aspects of gameplay being overpowered, and even certain players being overpowered. Bolt might end up being an own goal for Konami.
+ Online Beta. Finally Konami are appearing to face this head on. It's step in the right direction. If they sort the performance and implement better Anti-cheating system then 2018 ( and the future ) will be great.

Shales

PES 2018 Announced!

I nabbed this from WENB. It's comments from B-Man, who is one of the guys at E3. I thought I'd do some snooping over there as there was bound to be some reactions.

Its 1:15 AM here in L.A. but I wanted to post to give you guys impressions of what I played. I did not get to play the A.I. But I spent 8 hours playing multiplayer. Remember, this is based on the code that I played...I have no idea what feedback they will get that could potentially change the game for Gamescom and the demo.

SHOOTING-I see some nerves here about shooting. From what I played shooting was actually pretty good. You need to position your body right now or you will miss hit or slice a shot wide or over the bar. Factor in keepers making saves that last year you knew would be goals adds a lot. Overall shooting was a lot better than last year, more variety in ball physics, locations and a lot of shots don't hit the target. When you compare that to how automated and accurate shooting was last year it really is night and day. But the game does need more shot animations and that was fed back to Adam and the team.

PASSING- Ball physics may be the best PES has ever had...honestly...I dont care what you think you see on the streams or in trailer but dudes they are awesome. Passing is a joy. Varied, free, a lot of error if you are not facing the way you are playing. More error under pressure. PING PONG PASSING IS GONE...atleast on 1 Bar. Yes unfortunately the data they have received is massive amounts of people play with different pass assist bars so it looks like they'll be here for the foreseeable future. But 1 bar is great. You notice with players like Iniesta if his passing lane is blocked off to who he wants to pass to he will find a way to curl his pass around the defender which other players can't do. Ball Physics in general are great. You notice defenders passes are different to midfielders and forwards hard to explain but makes you not want to try to play with the ball around your back line when being pressed. I do not have a single complaint with ball physics guys.

KEEPERS- Their was an incident in the first game which made me nervous I played Adam where he got 1 v 1 with my keeper and I held triangle for the keeper to rush out and when adam shot the keeper went the wrong way and tried to go back the other way and looked like he got stuck in an animation. This was fed back to the team. Other than that every game after for 8 hrs the keepers were phenomenal. They had urgency, they actually bend their knees and jump side to side with outstretched arm(s) to try and save every shot. Gives more satisfaction for scoring cause it genuinely feels keeper is doing everything he can. I wish I could have recorded some saves there was a save on Messi from a cross, Messi got free and had a header 3 yards out and was tipped over the bar when Antonio was already out of his seat screaming goal in the KOnami booth lol. They just move so much more natural.

PLAYER MOVEMENT- Animations have vastly improved to the point if you are watching two people playing you'd think you were watching FIFA, atleast last years FIFA. Clearly FIFA have went balls to the wall with their animations this year but PES animations have really improved. Players feel free and not locked into anything.

AUTO SHIELD- Works brilliantly. Best feature in the game. Never happens when you dont want it to. When you defend now, you can't just rush in holding R1 + X if you do you can get turned easily and leave space to get exploited. So defending is risk reward now. Players have weight and inertia that can be used against them if they are not careful. Nestor had this problem when he first played Jose. He was used to defending a certain way and Jose was skinning him and moving into space. And because the A.I. does not retreat within seconds and go into a defensive shell like last year you can cause some serious damage. Spacing is done right.

I'll talk more tomorrow about the no touch dribble and other gameplay stuff but I got to go to bed. Listen, no bullshit, PKs are like the PS2 days...I'm feeding back they could be better I love FIFA's Pks tbh...and the advanced instructions are still their. Not as over powering or structured as last year but I am going to feed back we need PES 2011 or PS2 PES tactical system back.

The game is free guys. Feels so free. Moves free. If you don't believe me and think I'm towing the company line or kissing ass thats fine but just ask Jose, Nestor and Brian Emeka all FIFA guys they all prefer PES and were really impressed.

I don't know if this is what we'll get when demo and final game comes out. All i can tell you is what I played for 8 hrs was really good and had depth. Pace was slow but game was still responsive really crazy how they made that happen.

Hopefully tomorrow I get time with A.I.

Cheers

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Announced!

Anyone else think that if we was getting a stadium creator or league creator, it would have been mentioned at E3 with the rest of the stuff?

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 2 months ago

Yeah pretty sure they would announce that but then with the leagues all they have to do is throw in some extra fake ones to be edited. Will have to wait and see if guess!

Does anyone know if anyone has done a summary of the information from e3? I was hoping for some information on ml but haven't seen anything! Looking forward to the beta now! Do we have to sign up for it or is it just gonna be a demo that has the online component included?
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES 2018 Announced!

ukexplicit1984 wrote:
2 months ago
Does anyone know if anyone has done a summary of the information from e3? I was hoping for some information on ml but haven't seen anything!
CHALLENGES & GOALS
At the start of the season you will now be given a set of objectives and challenges according to the state of your team, which are important if you want to stay in the job!

PRE-SEASON TOURNAMENTS
Play against the big teams before the season starts.

TRANSFER SYSTEM ENHANCEMENT
New elements added such as release fees in player contracts.

New menu design throughout the mode, with the inclusion of pre-match interview sessions before big matches and locker room scenes.
Go here for the full list of new features. ;)
ukexplicit1984 wrote:
2 months ago
Do we have to sign up for it or is it just gonna be a demo that has the online component included?
Nothing has been announced yet, however, you'll most likely have to pre-register.
✅ 🐦 💟

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 2 months ago

Thank you Mike, that's exactly what I wanted :) Sounds freaking awesome!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Announced!

Does anyone have any idea how Konami go about decided the squads for the national teams? Will it be from the latest lot of squad announcements in June?