PES 2018 Online Beta Now Available!

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 weeks ago

As previously confirmed, the beta is scheduled to run between 9am this morning and 5am on July 31, so make sure you get as many matches in before its taken down. ;)

Please use this thread to discuss all things regarding the PES 2018 Online Beta: the good, the bad and everything in-between.

Have fun everyone!
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

MotherHen
Regular
Regular
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 3 weeks ago

Not played it yet but i am interested in what timeframe the national team squads are used from. Looking at the two in the beta, it looks like a mixture of players. From what i can see, these squads ain't based on a single round of call ups.
"Establishing Communications"

Mike
Founder
Founder

Post by Mike » 3 weeks ago

πŸ‡«πŸ‡·

πŸ‡§πŸ‡·

βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 3 weeks ago

Played one game today so far, bloody awesome! Feels a lot slower and more considered. Some weird graphical flicker on the pitch occasionally but it's a beta so hey I will cope. Players feel more weighty which is nice. Battled to a hard earned 0-0 with a random guy and loved it!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Mike
Founder
Founder

Konami has asked me to encourage all users to fill out their PES 2018 Online Beta survey.

Submit your feedback via the link above and you'll receive a tidy 10,000GP gift shortly after the final version launches. :-)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

bestlloyd
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Swansea CITY

Post by bestlloyd » 3 weeks ago

Played 7 games in total yesterday 4 1v1 and 3 3v com had no trouble at all didn't win one don't know if I just played good players or I'm crap.Anyway I thought the Game was really good.and can't wait to play demo.Know lot's of people have been slagging the game off.Thats all I can say is give this game a chance,the only trouble I had was with the pace of the game, which I'm sure I will get use 2.

Mike
Founder
Founder

bestlloyd wrote: ↑
3 weeks ago
Played 7 games in total yesterday 4 1v1 and 3 3v com had no trouble at all didn't win one don't know if I just played good players or I'm crap.Anyway I thought the Game was really good.and can't wait to play demo.Know lot's of people have been slagging the game off.Thats all I can say is give this game a chance,the only trouble I had was with the pace of the game, which I'm sure I will get use 2.
Glad you're enjoying the beta.

My first three games (all 1v1) were flawless and as the day progressed, I experienced very few moments where the lag took over... though that could've been down to mine or my opponent's connection. Either way, the issues were not at all game-breaking and similar incidents have also happened to me on COD 4 Remastered and GTA Online.

As for you not winning games, I'm sure that will come. Compared to what we've seen in previous years, I think there's a steeper learning curve this year. Keep at it. ;)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Won a couple today along with another couple of draws. The game is simply awesome when playing against like minded players. Don't get me wrong, you still get the full pass assist ping pongers but you seem better equipped to deal with them this year, plus the pace of the game allows for more tactical defending it feels. Played as both teams and definitely prefer France of the two.

The connections have been rock solid for me so far and there has been no input lag that I always felt I suffered with on PES 2017 (in myClub, not so much vs friends online).. Keepers have made some lovely saves.. People have been complaining about rocket shots but I have only pulled them off with Pogba and Griezzman, two players I feel should be able to strike a ball well. The other thing I really like is how it feels like a players balance and body position really influences how good a pass ends up being, trying to pass off balance at an awkward angle now has a very good chance of going awry unless with a truly gifted player, reverse passes at the back are a terrible idea with some of the defenders!

Anyways, loving it, will be jumping back on shortly to play a bit more, just looking forward to the solo demo and any further ML info we can get our hands on :) If they don't pander to the FIFA kids and the YouTubers then we could really have a superb game here.. My worry is they will speed it up and that is just not needed, pacing is spot on right now!

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 3 weeks ago

Played two games before both as France.

Lost 1-0
Player retained the ball quite well early on and I was just trying to get a feel for the game and how it played. Interceptions are alot better as it actually works bt can also be caught out aswell. goal wasent the greatest and I missed a 1v1 didnt even hit the target, I had a couple long shots.

Won 2-0. Opponent left after 30mins rage quit
Dominated this game and moved it around well but both goals coming from headers from crossing.

Noticed
- Tad Slow at points
- Keepers are better
- Interceptions
- use of body looks better doesnt jurk through players.

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Pes140 » 3 weeks ago

Haven't been able to play as yet. Have an error saying unable to send or receive data. (n)

Mike
Founder
Founder

Pretty happy with this counter-attack goal. :great:

βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Mike wrote: ↑
3 weeks ago
Pretty happy with this counter-attack goal.
Very nice :) been playing some Co op with the missus and it's been smooth as hell. Tough going as there are some very good players. So far out of probably 30 games in both modes I have had one game with any sort of button delay. The rest have been so perfect! If they can have online running like this at full release I will actually put some more time into my club this year!

Mike
Founder
Founder

ukexplicit1984 wrote: ↑
3 weeks ago
been playing some Co op with the missus and it's been smooth as hell. Tough going as there are some very good players. So far out of probably 30 games in both modes I have had one game with any sort of button delay. The rest have been so perfect! If they can have online running like this at full release I will actually put some more time into my club this year!
Since I went into matchmaking settings and changed my Network Connection Restrictions to Lv.1 (I thought Lv.5 was the best! :lol: ), I've had such a blast.

It's only a beta but this is still, by far, the most stable online experience I've ever had on PES: seamless gameplay and lag's virtually non-existent.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 3 weeks ago

Played a game earlier drew 2-2 in the game. Guy messaged me after the game to change my shooting off basic because I had 12 shots and think 4 on target.

Question is what do you guys use? I changed to Advance but struggling to keep the shots down.

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

I don't have a problem with basic to be honest. Full manual always seems frustrating as I just don't have the patience to be that perfectly accurate all the time when playing. Advanced I did like using last year initially but I found myself hitting the bar and post a lot more than I ever have! Will try it again this year when the proper demo is out I am sure. But for now basic shooting is good for me:)