PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Post by Mike » 2 months ago

Please use this thread to discuss all things regarding the PES 2018 demo - available now on PlayStation and Xbox.

βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

MotherHen
Regular
Regular
Supports: Liverpool

PES 2018 Discussion, News + Videos

Post by MotherHen » 2 months ago

played the demo last night and the gameplay is great. The CPU seemed to attack a lot better. But, one issue i have is that is four games played, the CPU never committed a single foul. No sliding tackles. Nothing. You think they would have sorted that...
"Establishing Communications"

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Post by Mike » 2 months ago

MotherHen wrote: ↑
2 months ago
But, one issue i have is that is four games played, the CPU never committed a single foul. No sliding tackles. Nothing. You think they would have sorted that...
I've noticed that too - have only played on Regular so far though. (think)

Has anyone tried Super Star yet?
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Post by Shales » 2 months ago

Only been on Top Player so far. Trying my best to beat Liverpool using Corinthians but not succeeded yet :(

AI fouls are mostly like PES2017 for me. Took me a couple of games to get a foul then I started getting 2-3 per game. Like 2017, you've got to draw the AI into a foul, they aren't going to recklessly slide in.

Hard to judge really playing exhibition as it's technically a 'Friendly'. I'd hope for more aggression in Master League or a Cup mode. I am not worrying just yet.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 2 months ago

I'm not worried at all, had 2-3 fouls against in a few games so far on superstar. Been held to a draw with dortmund vs Barcelona and tried co op mode with the cpu which is nowhere near as good as 3 vs 3 Co op on the beta but it's cpu only so it can't be as fun really. Gonna try some shareplay a little later on hopefully too. Loving the movement and dribbling, it feels great. Shooting appears to have more variety. I can't decide if the game is faster or not. I don't think its been sped up, I think the fast players just look quicker in comparison to others this year. Loving it so far! Not long till full release!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Post by nick7 » 2 months ago

Played 3 games on Regular earlier using Dortmund, Liverpool and Barcelona.

Found some of the passing slow maybe as i adapt to the new game. Shooting has certainly improved as i managed to curle a effort from the edge of the box with Castro. Corner system is better but will take time to master. Goalkeeper make good saves but they never seem to keep hold of any shots. Never had any fouls outside the area to try free kicks.

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

Lateralus
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Aston Villa

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Post by Lateralus » 2 months ago

Mike wrote: ↑
2 months ago
I've noticed that too - have only played on Regular so far though. (think)

Has anyone tried Super Star yet?
Yes, I tried regular and was kind of not excited so I thought I'd put it on superstar. The AI is better than 17 but could be more challenging I think. Though the offense seems to be more dangerous. Played with Dortmund against Inter on Superstar, crazy game that I won 6-3. When I played with Pool vs. Barca they put two goals together in short time and I managed to get a 2:2 out of it. Last game I played was Brazil vs. Argentina which was a boring 1:0.

It is more fun and I am scoring from more various situations than 2017. I really like that crosses are not as overpowered as they were in 2017.

One thing that I did find odd was - I scored some unbelievable goals using the R2-Precision-Shooting, but the ball was kicked super hard and there was no chance that any keeper in the game could save it. Happened three times last night. Hope that was just dumb luck.
PSN: SatyrChuck

This. Is. PROGRESS.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Played a lot more games these past two days. Not sure what the people on wenb and social media are complaining about. The game plays like a dream, it's awesome to see players like Messi and the such like dribbling and doing tricks when the ai are playing as them, keepers have been awesome, passing feels nice with enough needed to be done by the player on pa1. Playing a long low pass is a risk which is nice and the high through balls have been toned down to the point you really have to have some decent room to run into or else the defender will get there first. Shooting has enough variety to keep me entertained all year as far as I can see. Very very happy with the game so far. Normally I would have an issue or two but for me the game feels tight and responsive and that's what I was hoping for.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Post by itstroff » 2 months ago

Managed to squeeze a couple of games late last night. Only played on regular so I can have a gawp at the new animations etc, but don't think I saw a foul either. Can't really comment on the gameplay yet but was really impressed with the lighting for night matches and saw loads of off the ball animations I'd not noticed before. Happy to say the replays are finally what they used to be, though I'd still love them to do something with the manual camera angles.

Also whoever came up with the idea of having that faint icon over the player that you'll get when pressing L1 deserves a medal.

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Post by MotherHen » 2 months ago

ukexplicit1984 wrote: ↑
2 months ago
Not sure what the people on wenb and social media are complaining about
Hey. Some people are NEVER happy unless they have something to moan about.
"Establishing Communications"

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

itstroff wrote: ↑
2 months ago
Also whoever came up with the idea of having that faint icon over the player that you'll get when pressing L1 deserves a medal.
Haha agreed, love that!

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Also noticed, apparently the "pro players" are complaining about the game. In my opinion that means Konami must be doing something right as they appear to be the guys who play the game in the cheapest, most play to win style possible. If they are annoyed then clearly they cant spam like they used to which is nice. They are the ones who used to have Van Der Mirch and Hulk up front in 2013 I assume!
MotherHen wrote: ↑
2 months ago
Hey. Some people are NEVER happy unless they have something to moan about.
Hundred percent agree!

cartman84
Reserve
Reserve

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Post by cartman84 » 2 months ago

Game is far better on superstar level, keepers are excellent although they could hold shots a bit more. Still not really been fouled much by the AI around the box so not had chance to see new free kick system.
Precise shooting is a bit over powering but other than that great game!

Lildogfarts
Beginner
Beginner

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Post by Lildogfarts » 2 months ago

I've also only experienced a handful of fouls in game but saying that game play is 10/10 player emotions are also a nice touch free kicks need a little work seems a little to easy to score 9/10 and think that is only the demo roll on release

Lildogfarts
Beginner
Beginner

PES 2018 Demo Discussion

Post by Lildogfarts » 2 months ago

further point playing on top player is not really so challenging think i may bump it up to superstar for this year