Same destination - Team import problem

gtc21
Warming Up
Warming Up
Supports: AEK Athens FC

Post by gtc21 » 1 month ago

Hey everyone!
I have a problem with importing teams. I have already imported OPE's option file (and it works great - kudos @Mike (y) ) but in a few days the Greek League OF is coming out from the WeHellas' folks.

The problem is that they have used the PEU League teams to make the greek teams, but so has Mike (and everybody else who made an OF) for the Bindesliga. So, if I try to import e.g. Panionios FC it will use and overwrite the players from Hamburg, and so on. That happens no matter which team I choose as destination.

Is there a way to have both greek and german teams without overwriting themselves? I'd really appreciate some help :-D (clap)

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 1 month ago

gtc21 wrote:
1 month ago
Is there a way to have both greek and german teams without overwriting themselves? I'd really appreciate some help
I guess you could try transferring emblem, kits and players of Hamburg to an OET team, and then import Panionios. Although I assume issues may occur when installing Data Packs...

Have you asked the WEHellas team for their suggestions?
gtc21 wrote:
1 month ago
(and it works great - kudos @Mike )
And thanks! :great:
✅ 🐦 💟

gtc21
Warming Up
Warming Up
Supports: AEK Athens FC

Post by gtc21 » 1 month ago

You see, the problem is the players. If you have edited "player X" as a Hamburg player and then I import an OF that has edited the same "player X" for Panionios, then the Panionios roster will overwrite Hamburg's no matter which team I choose as the import destination. I actually tried it earlier today :?

I suggested to WeHellas to use the portuguese teams as a base for the greek teams, but I doubt they listened :lol:

The only way I can think as a solution is this (and it's really time consuming):
1. I import (eg) Panionios on a PEU team
2. I base copy EVERY Panionios player to a portugese team
3. When I finish, I import again the Bundesliga OF overwriting the PEU teams. It will mess up Panionios' roster on the PEU, but the portuguese team I base copied will be intact.
4. Then I manually correct the logos, kits, stadiums etc for the greek teams (former portuguese teams).
There will probably be some duplicates that I'll have to delete after all that, but I'm up to the challenge! (crazy)