Lower and harder corners..

Roberto carlos
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Roberto carlos » 3 weeks ago

Hi,

I almost never score in corners. Can someone give some hints?

Btw: is it possible to give lower and harder corners?

janguv
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by janguv » 2 weeks ago

Roberto carlos wrote:
3 weeks ago
Btw: is it possible to give lower and harder corners?
I actually haven't figured that out yet, but it must be (think)

As for general tips: I find them a lot harder this year (which is good, considering how OP heading was last year). There are two things I find that have a good chance of working:
  1. Use the "go long" option (forget the name), on the advanced d-pad settings, with tall players hopefully at the back (adjust your settings in game plan for which players go forward, and choose CBs). Then play a manual modifier (L2/LT by default) cross to the back post. Not too close to goal, or the keeper might get it. And then with the header, you generally want to go across the goal, or squeeze it in to the nearest post (harder).
  2. Use the "dash" setting on the d-pad (think thats Left, Up), swivel your player to be aiming nearly in line with the 6-yard box, and launch a cross (with spin away from the goal) with a power of just between yellow and red. Often a player will get his head on as he rushes in. Obviously, you have to adapt power requirements depending on Swerve ability of the corner taker.

Roberto carlos
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Roberto carlos » 1 week ago

@janguv i already found it: if you pull the dpad or LS/RS forward it gives a low and hard corner. This can be deadly if you first place your striker in front of the army and then kick to the far corner. But sadly it has is cons and that is that it's too easy to intercept it.

If you pull it backwards it gives a slower but a very much higher corner which is ideally to head it in!!