📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2019 Discussion, News + Videos

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 3 months ago

MotherHen wrote:
3 months ago
But, there's loads of people being negative about PES over the CL deal going but im more than happy.
Agreed. Was a nice touch but no deal breaker- would rather have the new leagues and a few new editing options.

MotherHen
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 3 months ago

The trailer is landed. All looks very nice. The only new thing on there was Fenerbache's stadium. Maybe one of the 2 leagues is the Turkish League? It can't Serie A or La Liga due to EA so they must be two new leagues.
Also, the Chilean league was missing from the list of licensed leagues. And the AFC is in!
"Establishing Communications"

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 3 months ago

Watched some of the live streams and I have to say I am impressed. It looks like they have taken 2018 and built on it well. There seems to be more emphasis on body and foot position when passing and shooting and it looks like there is more error when the balance is off so hopefully the ping pong passing in myclub is a thing of the past! Hopefully! Nice to see pass and shooting errors and miss hits! Dribbling looks nice like it was in 2018 as well. Haven't seen much of the fatigue thing but am hoping that will further affect pass and shot accuracy as well! The more things they can do to add to the realism the better. Positioning seems better too and I just hope they have fixed the your defenders running in the wrong direction when taking control after a through ball, that is my pet hate for 2018 and it desperately needs to be eradicated! Also the ball looks a hell of a lot more free in its movement and the physics look lovely :)

Very much looking forward to seeing more as we head towards release but to be honest I will be preordering pes like I do every year, as long as it continues to build on the previous game then I am happy. Game speed could probably do with a notch down, maybe to the -1 setting of 2018, then it'd be spot on for me!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

bestlloyd
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Swansea CITY

Post by bestlloyd » 3 months ago

So glad you're back Mike the site wouldn't be the same without you.Great news about konami, hope everything works out for you.

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 2 months ago

Been watching the videos pesep has been putting up these last couple of days. The game is looking really nice and it was so good to see him struggling to get his horrible ping pong passing going. Every time he tried to first time pass too much a defender stepped in or there was a misplaced or bad pass. Glorious to see and I hope it stays like that as that will end one of the cheapest online tactics going.

Really liking what I am seeing this year, looking forward to further info on the myclub player purchasing changes and any more info they put out about ml! Can't wait for release day, got mine ordered and hoping to have a ps4 pro not long after which should mean it will look glorious in 4k!

Walker2o
Regular
Regular
Supports: Celtic FC+Liverpool

Post by Walker2o » 1 month ago

@Mike Congrats on the job at Konami, it's a just reward for the effort put in throughout OPE.

Looking forward to this years game as they seem to have made some important updates - delighted at the SPFL with Celtic and Rangers as partner clubs. I've seen that they have deliberately mentioned the card system during matches has been overhauled which can only be a good thing.

Let's just hope there's plenty of editing space now.
PSN: Walker2k7

Sabin5995
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Sabin5995 » 1 month ago

Turkish league has also been added. Can’t wait to play the game.

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 1 month ago

That's right guys, looks like Konami have done really well with the licences this year.

I'm going to have problems picking a league to start a ML in.

Really need to see more info on edit mode soon.

tommobfc
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by tommobfc » 1 month ago

Definitely looks like the decision to drop the UCL was a good move after all.

What are peoples thoughts on the demo? I really like what I've played thus far. 5 min matches is a ball ache but I guess that's the trade off with us having the chance to edit formations and tactics this time.

My only gripe atm is I still haven't had hardly any free kicks. I do like the variety in the AI however - the different ways they play, the error in their passing and shooting. Looks promising for me so far.
Bury FC

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Post by Walker2o » 1 month ago

What are your thoughts on the licensed leagues? I note theres no mention of Serie A teams or La Liga teams being licensed.

However, the addition of the minor european leagues with hopefully a bunch of other european teams should see the end the of fake teams in Europe. (Hopefully)

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 1 month ago

Loving the demo, as I posted on evo web I can't really fault anything other than the keepers not coming off their lines quick enough. There is some great shot variety and it feels like body and ball position really make a huge difference this year.

Played a few games versus ai and got plenty of fouls without trying to draw them. Would be more but the advantage has been played well so far too. Same as online, plenty of fouls there as well.

Online it feels lovely. Been able to go all out wing play like I like to and that works then played as Monaco and went more central and that was great as well. Played one guy attempting to ping pong pass and it was a lot easier to break up his play this time so I feel like defensive positioning is a bit nicer. The slower pace feels good as well and it feels like you are rewarded for taking a touch and making some space rather than just first timing it everywhere like the streamers tend to. Loving it to be honest. Praying that Konami don't change a thing from here on out and just leave it be coz it's bloody glorious!

MotherHen
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by MotherHen » 1 month ago

Not been here for a few weeks. I'm 100% on board with losing the CL/EL licenses in exchange for what we have. Even today more stuff is being announced (The Peru National team is licensed).

Some of the stuff people have found in the demo code is interesting as well. Just need Konami to hurry up and announce a full team/league list :)
"Establishing Communications"

BunglesFinger
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by BunglesFinger » 1 month ago

@MotherHen Here here mate.

This influx of new leagues will really freshen things up. I'm not getting carried away but the speculation about some unlicensed leagues is really interesting.

Plenty of good options for an epic ML once the editors and kit makers do their stuff. Fancy trying the Belgian league for no particular reason.

Enjoyed the demo but only ever play a small amount of games as I never really like playing friendlies much. There's a lot to like though.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 4 weeks ago

bestlloyd wrote:
3 months ago
So glad you're back Mike the site wouldn't be the same without you.Great news about konami, hope everything works out for you.
Walker2o wrote:
1 month ago
@Mike Congrats on the job at Konami, it's a just reward for the effort put in throughout OPE.
Thanks for the kind messages, guys! (y)

The last five months or so have absolutely flown by; super busy, hence why I haven't been on here for so long, but I'm happy to say I've genuinely enjoyed every minute of it.

Sadly though, for obvious reasons, I must now step away from OPE. With that in mind, I'm keen to hear what everyone think in terms of the site's next chapter. After putting in so much effort - virtually every single day for almost a decade - I would hate to see the site be shut down. Although equally, if the forums become "dead", it doesn't really make sense to continue paying for the domain.

Please, if you have any suggestions, let me know what you think.

Lastly, I hope you're all well and are as excited as I am for next week's launch! :great:
✅ 🐦 💟

Walker2o
Regular
Regular

Post by Walker2o » 3 weeks ago

Anyone had any hands on yet?

I don't think I'll be picking it up until the first data pack has been released and Celtic are fixed.