📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Re: Gameplay Q&A - July 5th Playtest

Post by danmarsh » 5 years ago

Mike thanks mate so committed to pes and us all class stuff :)

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Sorry I forgot mike I read somewhere that other people where doing the play test and that line that gives you the free kick accuracy is on corners and people were scoring from corners for me that's a major issue if you keep bending it in like that. to score every time from corners will make the game very unrealistic which makes me wonder I hope free kick are not that easy. Professionals are masters at free kicks cos they practice so should we thanks.

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Pes140 » 5 years ago

Thanks mike, comprehensive answers. Looking forward to trying it out for myself.

danielrh
Beginner
Beginner

Post by danielrh » 5 years ago

onlyproevo wrote:Right, back after a long day at Konami HQ. Very happy with the game so far but at such an early stage, there's still a long way to go. And for those wondering, I'll publish my thoughts on Monday. :-)

As for the questions already posted in this thread (the ones I can answer anyway), let's do this!

Any more gameplay Qs, let me know.

I played the game (very early code (75%)) for around 2½ hours (with the Q&A lasting around 30 minutes). I know 150 minutes sounds like a long time but please understand that it's not easy to get everything right in just one afternoon. Also don't forget the majority of my replies will be my opinion, so whether you agree with me, that's up to you. Feel free to take this with a pinch of salt! :great:
looking forward to your impressions.
PES Rankings Official Event Admin
[/size][/b]
@danielrhenry

"Often copied - NEVER EQUALED"

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

ruffierforfrance wrote:Thanks for doing this and everything else this Forum provides:

Was the possession balanced during the match?

Were there more CPU fouls called?

Were there set piece defensive options such as men releasing early from wall, moving the wall sideways, or adding men to the wall?

Could you choose to release the ball underhand or overhand as a goalkeeper?
1. Thanks!

2. Kind of an indirect question so not exactly sure what you're asking for. I played quite a few of human vs human games but from what I experienced playing the AI, it felt like a new challenge.

3. Compared to PES 2013? I'm not sure. It felt similar but it's not an exact science as every match is different. Refs were improved but still had some issues. I talk about this more in my impressions post which I'll be publish tomorrow at 11am.

4. Yes, you can make the wall jump and also make one of your players charge the ball down. I tried but I don't think this code allowed players to join / leave the wall. I couldn't move the wall either. I tried all directional combinations but it wouldn't budge.
danmarsh wrote:Sorry I forgot mike I read somewhere that other people where doing the play test and that line that gives you the free kick accuracy is on corners and people were scoring from corners for me that's a major issue if you keep bending it in like that. to score every time from corners will make the game very unrealistic which makes me wonder I hope free kick are not that easy. Professionals are masters at free kicks cos they practice so should we thanks.
The line has been dumbed down. I spoke to people who played the game at E3 and they said when you try to score directly from corners, they GK just catches it now. I didn't get many free-kicks but I was told they've been made harder.
✅ 🐦 💟

pesalways
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by pesalways » 5 years ago

Thanks for answering all the questions Mike, appreciate the hard work... But when i asked about player ratings i meant the post match performance ratings... They've been quite unrealistic in alot of the previous PES's

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Mike your questions about playing afc teams and copa lib teams in exhibition
Mode. I no that's not possible but you said it can in league mode does that mean off line community mode is back or does that mean you can create a league within that mode with any team you wish that sounds good if so. ;)

Mike
Founder
Founder

pesalways wrote:Thanks for answering all the questions Mike, appreciate the hard work... But when i asked about player ratings i meant the post match performance ratings... They've been quite unrealistic in alot of the previous PES's
I'm pretty sure the option was greyed out in the code I played. I think match highlights weren't available either.
danmarsh wrote:Mike your questions about playing afc teams and copa lib teams in exhibition
Mode. I no that's not possible but you said it can in league mode does that mean off line community mode is back or does that mean you can create a league within that mode with any team you wish that sounds good if so.
1. I don't know whether offline community mode is back. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to ask.

2. It sounds like you can add any team when starting up a new league in League mode - which isn't the perfect scenario but still an improvement.
✅ 🐦 💟

Woodzy187
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Woodzy187 » 5 years ago

Hey mate, another quick question for ya...don't suppose you can knock the ball onto yourself / into space and run onto it (e.g just like Gareth bale did against maicon and tore inter apart lol ) or will the defender catch up with you?? In my opinion the players like bale and Ronaldo should be able to stretch away a bit when knocking the ball on....I'm guessing It may just be a manual pass into space but then would the player react quick enough to go pick it up again...hmmm tricky one I know :)

danielrh
Beginner
Beginner

Post by danielrh » 5 years ago

top article: PES 2014 Community Day: Playtest impressions.
the bits that's made me impressed are the defending and ping pong passing (hopefully) being eliminated.
PES Rankings Official Event Admin
[/size][/b]
@danielrhenry

"Often copied - NEVER EQUALED"

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

How did you find the shooting Mike? I know you said that in 1 on 1 situations a power shot seemed to go in. But how was shooting overall? I keen to know if you can still score long range goals, not just inside the box or just outside the box goals.

We all know 2012 wasn't great but for me what ruined it was the shot power. 2013 is superb for shooting I feel.

What were your thoughts?

Cheers man
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder

Woodzy187 wrote:Hey mate, another quick question for ya...don't suppose you can knock the ball onto yourself / into space and run onto it (e.g just like Gareth bale did against maicon and tore inter apart lol ) or will the defender catch up with you?? In my opinion the players like bale and Ronaldo should be able to stretch away a bit when knocking the ball on....I'm guessing It may just be a manual pass into space but then would the player react quick enough to go pick it up again...hmmm tricky one I know :)
Good question. I'm not 100% sure on this so I'll have to get back to you.
danielrh wrote: top article: PES 2014 Community Day: Playtest impressions.
the bits that's made me impressed are the defending and ping pong passing (hopefully) being eliminated.
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed reading it!
Shales wrote:How did you find the shooting Mike? I know you said that in 1 on 1 situations a power shot seemed to go in. But how was shooting overall? I keen to know if you can still score long range goals, not just inside the box or just outside the box goals.

We all know 2012 wasn't great but for me what ruined it was the shot power. 2013 is superb for shooting I feel.

What were your thoughts?
Scoring goals definitely felt better, although I seem to recall I found it quite tricky to place my shots in the corners of the goal. But I guess this could easily be down to the fact that I was new at the game. Placed shots felt good, and lobbed shots - with an improved trajectory - were excellent.

As for long-range shots, I actually scored one from the centre circle. Seriously. Against glenthemagpie, his goalkeeper cleared it from the edge of his own box, I took a touch with Paulo Assunção and then unleashed a rocket over Neuer and into the top corner. The GK positioning wasn't bad - it was just a mix of skill and fortune like all half-way line goals are.
✅ 🐦 💟

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

Haha, that's good then. I am sure Glen will appreciate the tag in that too.

I just hope the shot power is on par with 2013.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

Shales wrote:I just hope the shot power is on par with 2013.
I agree, thought the shooting in PES2013 was very good and exciting.

I'll let you children have a bit more fun and carry on your back slapping before coming in with my concerns and scathing attack. ;)
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

Good summaries today. Well done Mike! :) You've definitely wet my appetite for the demo so congratulations on that! :-D
Join me in the Football Forum!