πŸ“’ Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

News, Rumours & Speculation - Discussion

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: News, Rumours & Speculation [Discussion]

Post by Mike » 8 years ago

Konami Have "Nailed" PES 2012
Massive news coming in from the Winning Eleven Blog camp.

Adam Bhatti posted on the WENB boards, suggesting that this will be the year that will see Konami leapfrog EA Sports, with the release of PES 2012.

Check these direct quotes from Adam himself;

Guys I thought I'd pop in here and say Konami have nailed PES 2012.

Preview code has hit some place, mine is around a week away, and trusted sources are telling me the games has come on another level. We're talking shooting, keepers, more added animations (don't take it as FIFA level, its not) etc, the game is loads better.

Also, there's some huge announcements coming at Gamescom. So huge, that I can't describe how happy I am. We're talking modes and licenses. When you hear, you will cry with joy.

But I've been sworn to secrecy, so much so I can't even hint. But it's better this way, Gamescom will be incredibly epic. PES is back, in a way not many are expecting.

Of course, we're not going to get ahead of ourselves, as we haven't even played the game yet (just!). But we can't hide from the fact that this game is sounding more and more promising each day.

We just need Gamescom to come now, as that will be the time when the proper announcements are released to the public.

Dissect the quotes and tell us what you think, by leaving a comment below or posting in our forums.
What do we think guys? (crazy) ... Yes, I can barely hold my excitement in!

βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Rage06
Professional
Professional
Supports: Arsenal

Post by Rage06 » 8 years ago

Holy son of a WHAT!? Looks like Gameplays totally fixed in the preview code + Licenses :0 (German league and/or more PL licenses :D)

Mike
Founder
Founder

It's very good, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's "fixed". A long way to go...

Speaking of which, read my full thoughts tomorrow on the front page tomorrow. Beware though guys, it's a long one! ;)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Will » 8 years ago

Yes yes yes :D I can't wait...
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Rage06
Professional
Professional

onlyproevo wrote:It's very good, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's "fixed". A long way to go...

Speaking of which, read my full thoughts tomorrow on the front page tomorrow. Beware though guys, it's a long one! ;)
O, i meant the preview code version might have the game play fixed :P (hopefully as much as possible).

Yeah definitely! Only an hour to go :D

Mike
Founder
Founder

Ah, yes. I understand you now. Yup, Adam's quotes were put on the front page.

It's obviously from a newer code, as the shooting in the E3 build was a little disappointing.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Great write up btw :D - just finished reading it. Hope one of the Konami employees gets to read it as you pointed out a lot of good improvements that could be made. Now lets all hope, in the coming weeks Konami do everything possible to fix, tweak and touch up the game as much as possible. Preview code which will be handed out will be vital as well as the public beta.

Will
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Post by Will » 8 years ago

Rage06 wrote:Great write up btw :D - just finished reading it. Hope one of the Konami employees gets to read it as you pointed out a lot of good improvements that could be made. Now lets all hope, in the coming weeks Konami do everything possible to fix, tweak and touch up the game as much as possible. Preview code which will be handed out will be vital as well as the public beta.
Word.
PSN: will_sass
Twitter: william_sass

Mike
Founder
Founder

Glad you enjoyed reading my thoughts guys. :)

It's all gone perfectly well, apart from one or two major hiccups in the system. To save you guys worry, I won't go into details.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

CalcioCalabrese
Regular
Regular
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CalcioCalabrese » 8 years ago

Yeah I enjoyed it :) Actually saw 1 cool shooting animation in a video up on Evo Web but hopefully they make the ball trajectory better...I think FIFA's swerve, dip and curl is more like it to be honest...but with that real ping that PES has. We'll see!

Mike
Founder
Founder

It's an early code from E3, so I shouldn't get bogged down about it too much. Like I've said many times over the last few days, Konami have apparently fixed the shooting.

I will need another playtest, before I myself can confirm that though! ;)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Rage06
Professional
Professional

Asim and Suff will be playing the latest build of PES (preview code) before Adam.
It will be heavily under embargo though but hope they drop a few hints here and there when they get to have a go at it :)

CalcioCalabrese
Regular
Regular
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CalcioCalabrese » 8 years ago

Sounds good. I was a bit annoyed that the guys on that video kept skipping all the friggen replays!!! I wanted to see different angles and close ups of the goals/and missed shots. Some of the shooting and passing animations looked like the player was really putting some momentum into their leg rather than just pivoting from a standing position. Looked good. Also saw a nice shot hit from about 25 yards out where it went comfortably wide but it bounced a couple of times, as if the ball had a decent weight behind it. In PES 11, the ball only seems to bounce just before the post as if it's predetermined.

Mike
Founder
Founder

Don't take the videos that seriously. They simply don't do the game justice, at all.

Wait until someone gets proper footage of the game. I saw the guy recording it, and he was just using his Blackberry. Even an iPhone 4 wouldn't have been sufficient to capture the new improved AI and gameplay!

A big PES 2012 announcement is coming this week, if you haven't already heard. I'm not sure what it's about, but it's meant to be pretty cool! 8-)
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ

Mike
Founder
Founder

So the announcement has been leaked, sadly.

I will let discussion begin prematurely, but will also respect anyone who wants to wait until Konami reveal it themselves tomorrow.

Highlight the line below, to find out what it is. If you want to wait until tomorrow, then please do not highlight the text.
- Ability to control two players at once, using both analogue sticks. -

We'll still be getting a video tomorrow from Konami, so we'll all be able to get a full explanation then.
βœ… 🐦 πŸ’Ÿ