📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

I made it through to the end. It's a pain in the bum but it's worth doing! All complaining aside, we do need to make our voices heard. I pretty much stated that FIFA was way better than pes in every department where I could. I made my point clear that pes 2014 wasn't worth the money.

Will they actually listen to this? Who knows. Surely they already know that their game is way behind FIFA. Why do they need a survey to see that. Just stick the game in and play it.

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

KPSNV
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by KPSNV » 5 years ago

That survey - seriously! About 10 questions about the cover image?! Then a few questions about licenses at the end, probably just to try and secure some pre-orders. In reality, when the game launches, we'll be lucky if we even have the amount of leagues we had THIS year.

Haven't played PES 2014 for weeks now. After much deliberating, PES has definitely lost at least 1 fan due the shambles over the last year or so. Real shame too, think the last FIFA I bought was around the turn of the century. RIP PES.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

As a big PES fan, it was painful to realise how harsh I was on Konami (PES 2014 wasn't worth the money, FIFA is dominating is most departments, etc). But hey, maybe this could be the kick up the arse Konami need for next-gen.
Join me in the Football Forum!

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 5 years ago

I think you need to be harsh to be honest. Otherwise they'll think they can just get away with releasing unfinished games all the time.
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

danmarsh
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by danmarsh » 5 years ago

yeah I agree as well I'm am getting more and more upset by pes every year. In the end I'll end up giving up with it to many issues. it's been my favourite Footie game since 98 but I feel fifa is always pulling away. also licences didn't matter to me in the past playing with London FC or North London it's was always gameplay but it is starting to get to me now. I don't no why but times are changing fifa is getting better and better with their gameplay add that to licences and you have a winner. Next gen pes has to be special for if not I can't see me going back. It's a shame cos the game I loved for so many years is slowly losing fans even hardcore fans such as myself.

LongandShort
Reserve
Reserve

Post by LongandShort » 5 years ago

I've been very tempted by fifa14 recently, I had even gone to a shop and picked it up, but I thought I'd give pes another week to sort out the issues with the online modes of the game. I've been disappointed with the way konami have acted after the release this year. They've had more than enough time to fix the problems that us loyal pes fans have to suffer each time we fancy a quick game. Pes was always fun to play and there was nothing better than pulling a trick or two to beat a defender and firing a rocket into the back of the net, now though, its not possible to enjoy the game (even beating a player ranked 300+ more than myself isn't fun) never mind beating a player and scoring from anymore than 12 yards out.

So at £30 Fifa looks like a strong possibility but for the next week it'll remain on the shelf to give konami a chance to redeem themselves.

Come on konami pull your finger out!

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

LongandShort wrote:So at £30 Fifa looks like a strong possibility but for the next week it'll remain on the shelf to give konami a chance to redeem themselves.

Come on konami pull your finger out!
You think Konami are going to sort this game out in the next week, or the next 6 months for that matter? No offence mate but you're in cloud cuckoo land if you think that.

All signs point to that they've moved onto PES15 now. The silence and ameturish survey they've put out suggest this. If PES14 doesn't tickle your fancy now then that's it, bin it and play something else as it isn't going to change.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

LongandShort
Reserve
Reserve

I don't expect them to fix it in a week but I do expect a patch with some improvements. All I want from konami is signs that they know the game is broken and are trying to fix it.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

LongandShort wrote:I don't expect them to fix it in a week but I do expect a patch with some improvements. All I want from konami is signs that they know the game is broken and are trying to fix it.
That's the problem mate, there is no acceptance that the game is broke. They are saying the opposite, that people are enjoying the game. If you look at forums such as WENB then it's half dead as most people have lost interest and left PES, and 90% of who are left are slating the game for the disgrace it is. I think even the people that looks after the site are not updating the site much and even playing Fifa.

The effects will be felt next year with the release of PES15. Most people aren't stupid, they won't fall again for what Konami have done this year. I certainly won't be purchasing at launch, I'll wait and get the verdicts of those that I can trust.

Mike - can we have a survey of how you rate the game out of 10 please? I'd be very interested in the result.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

carlboy
Reserve
Reserve

Post by carlboy » 5 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:
LongandShort wrote:I don't expect them to fix it in a week but I do expect a patch with some improvements. All I want from konami is signs that they know the game is broken and are trying to fix it.
That's the problem mate, there is no acceptance that the game is broke. They are saying the opposite, that people are enjoying the game. If you look at forums such as WENB then it's half dead as most people have lost interest and left PES, and 90% of who are left are slating the game for the disgrace it is. I think even the people that looks after the site are not updating the site much and even playing Fifa.

The effects will be felt next year with the release of PES15. Most people aren't stupid, they won't fall again for what Konami have done this year. I certainly won't be purchasing at launch, I'll wait and get the verdicts of those that I can trust.

Mike - can we have a survey of how you rate the game out of 10 please? I'd be very interested in the result.
I don't think i'll be purchasing PES again full stop. We have to put up with the same old crap year in - year out & to be honest i'm sick to death of it. This year's game was supposed to be something special, a proper goodbye to footy games on the current generation. Instead all we got this year was a shite pay for play beta of next years next gen release. Konami can f**k off as far as i'm concerned, they really don't deserve the loyalty that long term players have shown them over the years.
xbox 360 - CARLBOY1975

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

tigerwalms wrote:Mike - can we have a survey of how you rate the game out of 10 please? I'd be very interested in the result.
I don't feel comfortable giving #/10 ratings. However, I can't deny there are way too many negatives in this year's game: lack of stadia, unexciting Master League, slow menus (especially in Edit Mode), no feeling of Player ID or Team ID, goalkeepers with lobbed shots, and more.

I still try to play PES 2014 as much as I can (usually every day), but for what I get in return, it's just not good enough right now, especially with the expectations I had when I was first told about the possibilities of the new engine - maybe I didn't appreciate the true consequences of delaying next-gen until PES 2015?

Honesty is what I'm all about so I'm not going to go into hiding until next-gen PES just because PES 2014 doesn't fully satisfy my needs. I just hope all other PES fans can also adopt this attitude. Even if you're not playing PES right now, I still want to see you posting your comments, ideas and suggestions so ourselves and Konami can improve things for the future.

By the way, this message is for everyone, and not specifically aimed at you, tigerwalms. ;)
✅ 🐦 💟

Stu1983
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Stu1983 » 5 years ago

Looks like I am the only one who actually is enjoying the game.

It might be the fact I don't play it as much as I used to. When I was younger, I'd play a few hours each night. Now I have a game or two here and there and usually a good go on a Saturday night.

I can't go to FIFA, that game is as much of a mess with a lot of bugs in it. Just waiting for an option file to be completed now, so I can sign Hernan Barcos for Yeovil Town ;-)

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Post by Mike » 5 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying the game. If this wasn't the case, I wouldn't be playing it.

But there are certain issues which are holding me back, especially when I rewind a few years ago and realise how big of platform Konami had given themselves. Ideally, most of the current problems can be fixed for this year but unfortunately some may not be able to (stadiums, weather options, etc).
✅ 🐦 💟

Benni
Super Sub
Super Sub

Konami have lost a customer

Post by Benni » 5 years ago

And I feel I'm not the only one.

I have tried and tried with this game and it's a buggy pile of crap, even with Daymos lovely Option Files.

It feels like I am booting up a demo every time I play it. Lack of options, shooting is horrible, keepers are horrible, online is horrible, graphics are still really dated, commentary is horrible etc etc etc.

I have recently acquired a PS4 and thought I'd try that other football game. My word, it's such a polished, incredible experience now. EA have taken their franchise so far forwards and improved it whilst Konami have, well, I don't even have words for PES these days.

It's a shame. I've been an avid PES gamer for so long but this is it, no more. I am not getting sucked into their bullshit PR campaign before the games are released anymore.

I'm not alone - I know many, many other PES fans that feel the same.

Oh and that Adam Bhatti is terrible for PES. He's Konami's 'Yes Man' and a raging fanboy. They should have hired someone a little more grounded and neutral.

Rant over. RIP PES.

LongandShort
Reserve
Reserve

I played two games last night and enjoyed them both but the only let down was in the 1st game when twice my defence let me down. The opposition played a nothing through ball which either my defender or keeper could have cleared but instead they both stood and looked at the ball then my defender took of running in the opposite direction, while I was desperately trying to take control of him, the attacker strolled up and slotted past my keeper. In the same game I pressed the O to clear the ball with a defender but instead of hoofing it away he tried to slide tackle.

If I could ask konami to change just one thing then the AI defending would be that thing.

If you could change/improve one thing in the game what would it be?