📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

Re: PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Shales » 5 years ago

Mike wrote: no feeling of Player ID or Team ID
Good points, I forgotten about Team ID. What the hell is it? Or what was it supposed to be? All CPU teams play exactly the same.

Player ID is also a huge let down. It was great in 2013, it gave PES something different to FIFA. This year I have only really noticed Player ID on Robben and Ronaldo. This is another example of PES losing one of it's good features or no reason at all.

I would personally be happy if Konami do write off PES14 after the next patch/DLC and then fully move onto NExt Gen PES 15. Rushing PES15 would be stupid considering how rushed PES14 was. Use the time to fully completed the "full package" i.e gameplay, game modes, graphics, menus etc. It's time to stop using the cop out comment of "pes is all about the game play". For me it needs to be the "real deal" now.

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

djanitor
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: liverpool

Post by djanitor » 5 years ago

i would change first time reactions. + if i could change 2 things it would also be long shots. sick of hitting the bar : (

Shales

LongandShort wrote:I played two games last night and enjoyed them both but the only let down was in the 1st game when twice my defence let me down. The opposition played a nothing through ball which either my defender or keeper could have cleared but instead they both stood and looked at the ball then my defender took of running in the opposite direction, while I was desperately trying to take control of him, the attacker strolled up and slotted past my keeper. In the same game I pressed the O to clear the ball with a defender but instead of hoofing it away he tried to slide tackle.

If I could ask konami to change just one thing then the AI defending would be that thing.

If you could change/improve one thing in the game what would it be?
It's tough to single out one thing wrong with PES14. Mine would have to be the overall control of players. Players don't turn sharply enough, over run things, run on ice at times.

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 5 years ago

I am too in very small doses. Admittedly to get any enjoyment and time on the ball I've had to go down in difficulty along with playing as a weak team to balance it out.

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Re: Konami have lost a customer

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

Benni wrote:And I feel I'm not the only one.

I have tried and tried with this game and it's a buggy pile of crap, even with Daymos lovely Option Files.

It feels like I am booting up a demo every time I play it. Lack of options, shooting is horrible, keepers are horrible, online is horrible, graphics are still really dated, commentary is horrible etc etc etc.

I have recently acquired a PS4 and thought I'd try that other football game. My word, it's such a polished, incredible experience now. EA have taken their franchise so far forwards and improved it whilst Konami have, well, I don't even have words for PES these days.

It's a shame. I've been an avid PES gamer for so long but this is it, no more. I am not getting sucked into their bullshit PR campaign before the games are released anymore.

I'm not alone - I know many, many other PES fans that feel the same.

Oh and that Adam Bhatti is terrible for PES. He's Konami's 'Yes Man' and a raging fanboy. They should have hired someone a little more grounded and neutral.

Rant over. RIP PES.
Benni I moved your post to this thread so we don't have any more duplicate threads.. I hope you don't mind! :-)

Btw, I'm sorry you've decided to move on. Hopefully you'll be back next year for nextgen PES. See you around mate. It was great speaking to you on here. (y)
Join me in the Football Forum!

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 5 years ago

LongandShort wrote:I played two games last night and enjoyed them both but the only let down was in the 1st game when twice my defence let me down. The opposition played a nothing through ball which either my defender or keeper could have cleared but instead they both stood and looked at the ball then my defender took of running in the opposite direction, while I was desperately trying to take control of him, the attacker strolled up and slotted past my keeper. In the same game I pressed the O to clear the ball with a defender but instead of hoofing it away he tried to slide tackle.
Have this happen faaaar too often, especially in MLO... Probably the main reason I stopped playing (besides the awful dribbling and turning circles).. Defending players all too often just run in the wrong direction for no reason other than to give the striker a clear run and it seriously ruins the game.. The thing is, this and the goalkeeping errors don't happen as much offline in versus mode if you play on Superstar level... So why not just make the online AI Superstar level and see if that fixes some of the more glaring AI issues.. I mean, it can only add intelligence to the defending and forward runs surely.. I swear at times it feels like your AI controlled team mates are on the dumbest setting possible in MLO... Needs to be changed asap!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 5 years ago

Mike wrote:I don't feel comfortable giving #/10 ratings.
You mean you don't feel comfortable about the 8/10 you gave the game and thus far are still sticking to despite all the numerous negatives you've just listed? ;) I wasn't talking about the score you gave the game specifically anyway but rather asking for a survey so all of us can give our scores so we can get an idea on the overall boards thoughts on the game. Not quite sure why you'd be against this?
Mike wrote:Maybe I didn't appreciate the true consequences of delaying next-gen until PES 2015?
The quality of this game has nothing to do with next gen though, if they'd had to do next gen as well it would have been even worse. I played on PC, where everything is as smooth, fast and sharp as it's ever going to be, the next gen version you're clamouring for, but it still plays the same awful game that the rest of you on consoles are playing. It wasn't the case that Konami chose not to realese on next gen, rather that they couldn't. They didn't have the man power or ability to get a release out for a new console that they don't understand.
Mike wrote:Honesty is what I'm all about so I'm not going to go into hiding until next-gen PES just because PES 2014 doesn't fully satisfy my needs. I just hope all other PES fans can also adopt this attitude. Even if you're not playing PES right now, I still want to see you posting your comments, ideas and suggestions so ourselves and Konami can improve things for the future.
I've barely played the game for two months, but I'm still here aren't I?! Much to some people's dismay I'm sure! :lol:
I do think your honesty is being mighty stretched with this release though.
Mike wrote:By the way, this message is for everyone, and not specifically aimed at you, tigerwalms. ;)
I've broad shoulders, you say and aim at me whatever you like! :P
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 5 years ago

Alright tried to get into PES again with the new Daymos' OF, but after a few games already, I'm just so annoyed with the game. It feels best when kicking the ball between your back four, move past them, it gets so darn frustrating.

Passing seems tedious and follow the same routes every time. Runs from the flanks are dull, because the players move when you don't want them to and vice versa, plus crosses feel just so lame and if someone gets to the end of them, it just feels so cheap. Shooting is completely balls-less. Just so, slow and weak. Every goal I score feels cheap. Player movement doesn't feel fluid at all, you don't have any feeling of being in control. The feeling of randomness is just substituted with complete lack of control. Running's odd, sometimes you run and sometimes you don't eventhough you're pressing the buttons the same way, the way those goalkeepers jockey to catch the ball is just infuriating to watch. Plus the way the AI scores, you can see it coming from so far as your defenders start making horrible mistakes even in touching the ball.

Then of course there's the still remaining lack of stadia and gamemodes. I really dig the way Konami has turned every single omission into a "licensing thing" or "the fans wanted it that way" when I doubt anyone said "please remove almost all animations". Even the new graphics aren't that great in the end, most of the players have weird eyes and black players look really weird. The voices in the game are getting to me bad as well. The stadium announcer sounds so bad, "GOOOAAAL ... 5 second pause ... Olivier GIROUD, giroud". Jon Champion's tolerable, but Jim Beglin really grinds my gears, his comments to me are starting to sound inbearable, the same words come so so often and often have little to do with anything happening on the pitch.

The game just feels cheap. Lack of content and weird gameplay that in my opinion isn't fun or "simulation". In 2013 you had that feeling of being in control, but everything was possible. You wanted to do things to spice up the play and see what happens. You would feel desperate and do desperate things to get ahead. You had control and you had that feeling of randomness. Now in 2014 it's more like boats running into one another, randomness and control are more like coaching a kids team, anything can happen, but most likely the kids will just bang up against each other in a big group and nobody can really play.
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

Flash11
Regular
Regular
Supports: PES ARMY

Post by Flash11 » 5 years ago

Hey guys ive seen some of you have been following my twitter In regards to adding extras ive added tattoos, stadiums, boots, balls, new turfs, faces, goalkeeper gloves such as nike and addidas ones also winter gloves for outfield players. Adboards such as sky sports ones etc as well as the usual kits. Ive even added the new world cup kits for the likes of france, germany and spain. I dont know how far im away from release or even if i will release but if anybody wants a modded file like this dm me on twitter and ill point you in the right direction. Its not mine its a friends but has most of the features listed above with the exception of the tatts and stadiums as ive only seemed to have figure that one out so far.

Edit: This is all for xbox 360 btw

Shales

Flash11 wrote:Hey guys ive seen some of you have been following my twitter In regards to adding extras ive added tattoos, stadiums, boots, balls, new turfs, faces, goalkeeper gloves such as nike and addidas ones also winter gloves for outfield players. Adboards such as sky sports ones etc as well as the usual kits. Ive even added the new world cup kits for the likes of france, germany and spain. I dont know how far im away from release or even if i will release but if anybody wants a modded file like this dm me on twitter and ill point you in the right direction. Its not mine its a friends but has most of the features listed above with the exception of the tatts and stadiums as ive only seemed to have figure that one out so far.

Edit: This is all for xbox 360 btw
Flash11 How come you might not want to release your OF? I totally understand you might not want guys stealing your work and making a few quid off you. I'd be happy to donate and I'm sure others would too. The pes community has always been strong and I'd hate to see there being "exclusive" OFs that are only shared amongst a few guys. I'm not at all after something for nothing. Donations work fine with me.

Hope this message doesn't come across in a bad way. I respect the work totally.

Flash11
Regular
Regular

No mate its not that ive never looked for anything for my work, id happily release it. Time kills me to be honest ive recently started a very demanding job and i couldnt commit to doing a full OF. So right now im just mucking around with a few of the mods pal. But i see people always looking for good files i have a friend who has made a pretty decent one it has all the kits updated for the WC, new turfs, boots and balls, adboards, hd nets etc... So i just said id share that with anybody id be pretty happy to skype call them through installing his file as it can seem very complicated for some.

Hope that explains it mate, its tough work making a file on your own nobody does it they all have backroom guys in my eyes it wouldnt be possible :)

Shales

Flash11 wrote:No mate its not that ive never looked for anything for my work, id happily release it. Time kills me to be honest ive recently started a very demanding job and i couldnt commit to doing a full OF. So right now im just mucking around with a few of the mods pal. But i see people always looking for good files i have a friend who has made a pretty decent one it has all the kits updated for the WC, new turfs, boots and balls, adboards, hd nets etc... So i just said id share that with anybody id be pretty happy to skype call them through installing his file as it can seem very complicated for some.

Hope that explains it mate, its tough work making a file on your own nobody does it they all have backroom guys in my eyes it wouldnt be possible :)
Yeah makes perfect sense mate. This mod stuff looks great. As you know, us PES players never get a good "off the shelf" product and have to wait for OFs to be released. I just hope that PES community remains strong.

Feel free to post some more mod pics on your twitter ; )

Flash11
Regular
Regular

Will be posting more later after work im done in an hour and a half ;) if you want that other mod file dm me on twitter and ill send you that link. that goes for everybody. I know mate this year is such a shame tbh im gutted i really tought this was it. Thanks god for NBA, GTA and battlefield to soften the blow but i still keep playing it now and agian it has that spark. But it could've been a flame.

Nades
Professional
Professional
Supports: Liverpool

Post by Nades » 5 years ago

Flash11 wrote:No mate its not that ive never looked for anything for my work, id happily release it. Time kills me to be honest ive recently started a very demanding job and i couldnt commit to doing a full OF. So right now im just mucking around with a few of the mods pal. But i see people always looking for good files i have a friend who has made a pretty decent one it has all the kits updated for the WC, new turfs, boots and balls, adboards, hd nets etc... So i just said id share that with anybody id be pretty happy to skype call them through installing his file as it can seem very complicated for some.

You can get HD nets for the Xbox version?
XbL: Nadez
PSN: iNaades

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 5 years ago

PM me the download link please. :)

(Twitter is blocked at my work :( )
Join me in the Football Forum!