PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

With Jon Murphy flying off to Tokyo this morning, to check out the new engine of PES 2014, I thought it would be the perfect time to open up the new Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 section.

Jon has already confirmed he will "post a few updates over the week" so PES fans should expect to receive some details on this year's game and its new engine.

Use this thread to post news, screenshots, rumours or anything else PES 2014 related.

When posting information or quotes, please remember to provide a link/source.

Edit: Here we go, the first tweet from Tokyo - Jon Murphy claims new engine will 'spring surprises' (January 29th)

✅ 🐦 💟

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Re: PES 2014: News, Rumours & Speculation

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

May the Pes2014 hype begin! (y)
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Mike
Founder
Founder

tigerwalms wrote:May the Pes2014 hype begin! (y)
I still think we're a few months off the game's official announcement but there's certainly no reason why we can't use this thread regularly until then.

Speaking of the trip to Tokyo, I believe a few journalists are also over there right now to get a first glimpse of the new engine. I don't know this for sure but judging by a few tweets I've seen on Twitter, it looks like some of the usual suspects flew out to Tokyo today. My hunch is either correct, or it's just a huge coincidence.

Let's just hope that the content keeps flowing this week and Jon Murphy keeps his Twitter account active. :-)
✅ 🐦 💟

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

onlyproevo wrote: I believe a few journalists are also over there right now to get a first glimpse of the new engine.
Are you talking about the FoxPro engine in general (such as random MGS demos etc) or specifically the Pes game engine?

Mike
Founder
Founder

I assume, at this early stage, it's just the new Fox engine in general.

Day 1 of 'new engine week' in Tokyo has come to an end. Looks like Konami treated their guests to a 3-hour-long presentation on the new engine.

I just pray that this particular embargo is a short one! :D
✅ 🐦 💟

cartman84
Reserve
Reserve

Post by cartman84 » 4 years ago

After the dissapoint of pro over the last couple years i bought this years in hope it would beat Fifa and so it did.

I do really hope though that they sort out the goal keepers in the 2014. This is my only problem with Pro Evo. They need seperate ratings than the outfield players i.e diving, handling, reflexes etc.

If they revamp the keepers then this game could be perfect.

Sorry if you dont agree, just an opinion.

Great work on the site by the way!!!

hailchico
Warming Up
Warming Up
Supports: Celtic

Post by hailchico » 4 years ago

Agreed re goalkeepers. Separate stats would definitely improve things.

I think the main issue letting pes down is its presentation. Not just kits/emblems (easily fixed thanks to this site!), but more the menus and style. Still too arcadey. I don't like the long line-scrolling for teams. I miss the old grid selection, made things much faster. I also think there innovations available that aren't being exploited. Real coaches on the touch line is one thing I would absolutely love to see. Realistic crowd reactions to certain players by certain teams (ie. Joey Barton getting booed by EVERYONE!). Player reputations could be introduced to affect this. I think this year's gameplay is the best of any nextgen football game, but it's the superficial extras that need to be upped to make it a more immersive experience.

That said, fully customisable set pieces are something I've championed for years and I'm still waiting for them.
Uhoh. We've drawn Judge Snyder.
Is that bad?
Well, he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog.
You did?
Well, replace the word "kinda" with the word "repeatedly," and the word "dog" with "son."

JCFast
Regular
Regular
Supports: Chelsea FC

Post by JCFast » 4 years ago

hailchico wrote:Agreed re goalkeepers. Separate stats would definitely improve things.

I think the main issue letting pes down is its presentation. Not just kits/emblems (easily fixed thanks to this site!), but more the menus and style. Still too arcadey. I don't like the long line-scrolling for teams. I miss the old grid selection, made things much faster. I also think there innovations available that aren't being exploited. Real coaches on the touch line is one thing I would absolutely love to see. Realistic crowd reactions to certain players by certain teams (ie. Joey Barton getting booed by EVERYONE!). Player reputations could be introduced to affect this. I think this year's gameplay is the best of any nextgen football game, but it's the superficial extras that need to be upped to make it a more immersive experience.

That said, fully customisable set pieces are something I've championed for years and I'm still waiting for them.
Guys guys, this is the "News, Rumours & Speculation" thread, when I see a post is made in here, I expect new info or even pictures! :-D

But I do agree, presentation needs to get an uplift, it does look like it hasn't really been touched in ten years... With all the sounds being the same as they were way back... If any of you has played NBA 2K13, you know what presentation in a sports game should be all about... (y)
"I'm not the best in the world, but I don't think anyone is better than me." - Jose Mourinho

payam_sa
Beginner
Beginner

Post by payam_sa » 4 years ago

Apart from keepers which i agree too i think refree's decisions need to be corrected as well.
I've faced lots of wrong offsides, fouls and trow in...

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

I see Jon Murphy is off to LA to see more of the new engine. It's a hard life for some isn't it! ;)

https://twitter.com/JonMurphy_PES

nuku
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by nuku » 4 years ago

Hi guys, i am new over here, my english is not the best but i have a doubt on the database of the game, how can Messi just have 82 of top speed? Even Sergio Ramos has 84, how is possible Ramos be faster then Messi?

irishmufc
Amateur
Amateur
Supports: Manchester United

Post by irishmufc » 4 years ago

Will there be any chance PES 2014 will be released on the next generation xbox when it comes out in November?

More speculation on the modes and leagues to be in PES 2014

http://www.peseditblog.com/2013/01/pes- ... dated.html

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

irishmufc wrote:Will there be any chance PES 2014 will be released on the next generation xbox when it comes out in November?
Unfortunately not this year I wouldn't have thought, I'd expect the 2015 iteration to be the first.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Edit mode will receive an almost complete overhaul if rumors from last year are believed to be true. The updates include the option of unlimited slots for graphics such as emblems or kit logos as well as for Edit mode stadium slots. PES 2014 should also see the addition of Third kits for various teams.

Excellent. (y)

Hope the Stadium editor has been improved to allow closer representations.

Mike
Founder
Founder

tigerwalms wrote:Edit mode will receive an almost complete overhaul if rumors from last year are believed to be true. The updates include the option of unlimited slots for graphics such as emblems or kit logos as well as for Edit mode stadium slots. PES 2014 should also see the addition of Third kits for various teams.

Excellent. (y)

Hope the Stadium editor has been improved to allow closer representations.
Be careful what you read, folks.

Unfortunately, some websites believe making money is more important than providing people with real news and/or quality content.

It's a shame because there are (have been) some really good PES websites out there, but they never got a chance to fulfill their potential because other PES 'fans' are more concerned about getting hits by printing false rumours as "confirmed features".

Naturally, some people will take these lies seriously which will only lead to bitter disappointment.

From a personal point of view, I also find that these kind of sites have no problem with ignoring their sources. I'm even a victim of this because I know I was the one of the first people who was told by Konami that the new engine will introduce 3rd kit slots. This was from my interview at Konami HQ in June 2012.

By all means, I still want to encourage everyone to debate and speculate rumours as it adds a good level of discussion to the forums. But just remember that there is a huge difference between fact and rumour. ;)

Speaking of which, I still think we're a little while off the game's official announcement, and although some other websites won't like me posting this, I think it's still too early for Konami to spill the beans.
✅ 🐦 💟