📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

[FEEDBACK] Free Kick/Set Piece Line Guides - In or Out?

Would you like the free-kick/set piece line guide to be removed for PES 2015?

No
8%
Yes
92%

Total votes: 50

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

[FEEDBACK] Free Kick/Set Piece Line Guides - In or Out?

Post by Shales » 4 years ago

In PES 2014 we saw the introduction of the Set Piece guide lines. I don't think I've ever seen a positive comment about this new Set Piece style, so I think we are all amazed that the Guide Lines have remained in the early code of PES 2015.

Adam Bhatti, the European Brand Manager for PES, has stated that these Set Piece Guide Lines could be removed if there is sufficient demand. So let's please all vote here and submit the results to Konami.

Whichever option you're voting for, I would encourage you to leave a comment (just a few words if need be) to explain your choice. That way, this feedback will be more accurate and reliable when it's passed on to Konami.

Thanks everyone.

XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Re: Poll - Free Kick/Set Piece guide lines - In or Out?

Post by itstroff » 4 years ago

On that leaked video RvP had a free kick lined up with the arrow pointing at far post. but the shot went in at the near post. Not sure but the shaping of the arrow/guide line might not be visible...no idea as it is a bit ugly but an improvement if true

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain
Supports: Sunderland

Post by tigerwalms » 4 years ago

itstroff wrote:On that leaked video RvP had a free kick lined up with the arrow pointing at far post. but the shot went in at the near post. Not sure but the shaping of the arrow/guide line might not be visible...no idea as it is a bit ugly but an improvement if true
That's a bug/cheat. Something to do with if you lock the height and then wait eventually the computer will take it for you and it'll always be a perfect free kick and guaranteed goal. This was present in 2014, the people playing were trying it out to see if Konami had bothered to fix it. The answer was plain to see.
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2014/2015
Only Pro Evolutions H2H Champion 2013/2014
Only Pro Evolutions Classic Champion 2013/2014

Pete Evo
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Supports: Leyton Orient

Post by Pete Evo » 4 years ago

Voted out.

Pes140
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by Pes140 » 4 years ago

voted out.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Re: [FEEDBACK] Free Kick/Set Piece Line Guides - In or Out?

Post by Mike » 4 years ago

Great work, Shales. By the way, I have added in a screenshot of the line guide, just to make sure that everyone knows exactly what we're talking about here. :-)

To everyone else: whichever option you're voting for, I would encourage you to leave a comment (just a few words if need be) to explain your choice. That way, this feedback will be more accurate and reliable when it's passed on to Konami.
✅ 🐦 💟

Seabass
Club Legend
Club Legend
Supports: OPE

Post by Seabass » 4 years ago

I want it removed. It's ugly, unrealistic and most importantly takes away from the surprise, joy and satisfaction of scoring a free-kick.

And no, the replies of 'but you can turn it off' and 'but it's not 100% accurate' don't work for me. I've always admired Konami for being so innovative but this feature just isn't working and should be made a thing of the past come PES 2015.
Join me in the Football Forum!

Shales

Great tidy up Mike ^^^

As Seabass mentioned, it's the surprise and enjoyment that is lost with this free kick method. I used to love mastering each free kick style that was available. I found each and everyone needed just subtle changes to your power and direction. Whether it was a roberto larcos blast or a beckham side-on run up. The skill factor is gone. A curled in free kick used to be "art"

itstroff
Regular
Regular

Post by itstroff » 4 years ago

tigerwalms wrote: That's a bug/cheat. Something to do with if you lock the height and then wait eventually the computer will take it for you and it'll always be a perfect free kick and guaranteed goal. This was present in 2014, the people playing were trying it out to see if Konami had bothered to fix it. The answer was plain to see.
Cheers, I did see that in MLO a bit actually and it's poor it's still in to be honest. That said I don't bother with online now because of stuff like this.

Am I the only person who doesn't find the free kick line easy by the way?

Mchaknam
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by Mchaknam » 4 years ago

Yes please remove it

floriank90
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Liverpool FC

Post by floriank90 » 4 years ago

first of all the line is ridiculous and hast to be removed!!!

moreover even without this 'help' scoring from free kicks has become too easy. with the pes 2014 star players you can't hardly miss one...

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

Would be interesting to hear from the people who voted to keep the line in, to try and explain to us their reasoning.

tigerwalms
Captain
Captain

At it's very core, Pes (like a lot of things in life) is all about gaining satisfaction through effort and achievement.
In previous games it took time to learn free kicks, and even then they were difficult. But on that rare occurrence when you struck one sweetly into the top corner it felt bloody brilliant. You'd want to ring someone up and tell them about it, you'd feel so smug with yourself, so satisfying. That WAS Pes, that's why I played it, that's what made it great.

And now there's this line, something that makes it easy to put the ball exactly where you want it requiring no skill. What's the point? What satisfaction can be drawn from something as mundanely difficult as putting your shoes on? This is why I'd like a line supporter to explain themselves as I don't understand your mindset. I can only assume you are what I'd describe as a 'casual gamer'. The type who like a quick fix, who don't want to put much effort in? And that's fine, there are games that cater for that, mobile games are all like that now, but Pes was never about that and should never aim to be.

Shales

itstroff wrote:Am I the only person who doesn't find the free kick line easy by the way?
I am not say that every single free kick went in, but far too many were being scored. I played MLO a lot during the first half of 2014's life span and it got to the point where it was more of a rarity that a free kick wasn't scored during a game. It should be the other way round. I reckon César Peixoto (a player who everyone had in MLO) scored at least every other game and I don't think that is exaggerating. Not just from the edge of the box but from 25-35 yards. I know the poor GKs played their hand in this but still, it was far too easy and unrealistic.

When me and mates played 1v1 or whatever, we'd turn the lines off but you could still just move a fraction to the right or left and apply the right power to scorer. The person who scored would actually apologise to the other. That's not a sign of reward or skill.

PESBOSSMAN
Beginner
Beginner

Post by PESBOSSMAN » 4 years ago

I would defo like to them removed. They do not make Free Kicks fun anymore and you don't have full control of corners. I understand why they did it but it hasn't worked, so i think it would be a good idea for it to be removed.