PES 2018 Suggestions

Harienun
Amateur
Amateur

PES 2018 Suggestions

Post by Harienun » 5 months ago

Guys! Just thought of opening a new suggestion topic for our next grand release PES 2018. Let's help Konami to make this game better by telling them what we want. Improvements and suggestions regarding all topics such as Gameplay, Faces, kits, graphics, game modes all welcome.

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

PES 2018 Suggestions

Post by Shales » 5 months ago

Where to start! Firstly, I still really like 2017. Still having fun with Master League, as basic as it is. Maybe that's a good place for me to start.

ML - More of everything! Tired of saying this but most Mobile/App games that have more management depth than current ML. I don't want ML to go full "Open World", by that I mean each club has a full Staff roster etc. Just being able to hire staff in ML would be a great start. When we've had this availible in the past, it's always been basic. Like Level 1 Coach, Level 2 Physio etc. That's good enough for me. Just randomise it, so we don't see the same names and faces. PES Club Manager has good stuff like this. Just take some ideas from that game. Very simple really!

More than anything though I want to get rid of silly regenerated players! It's been the same since PS2!!! Again, PESCM has a youth team setup that you need to develop/Invest in, to upgrade. Perfect and simple. It even has random generated players in it. No more 16 yr old Pirlo's who look 40 years old!

This will do for starters. I am sure I can quickly build on this.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

MotherHen
Regular
Regular
Supports: Liverpool

PES 2018 Suggestions

Post by MotherHen » 5 months ago

Welcome to the forum! They sent out a forum awhile ago asking for stuff like this but its still nice to talk about what we'd like to see added and lost. :)

1. More attacking urgency from CPU teams
2. More fouls from CPU teams
3. Players should actually go off injured. Im yet to see this on 2017.

Then there's the more fantasy like...
4. Stadium Creator
5. Create a team/league option

I also saw someone suggest the ability to scan faces to add to the game ourselves... The WWE games allow people to add images into the games via photos. How well would this work for faces? If it was easy enough for Konami to add, why not? If the faces look like crap, we ain't gotta use the feature.
"Establishing Communications"

Harienun
Amateur
Amateur

PES 2018 Suggestions

Good shout @Shales hope they would consider those suggestions.

Absolutely spot on @Motherhen. Even in the superstar difficulty AI shows no urgency in attacking. This should be tweaked.
Injuries also need to be changed as i can't see some specific injuries like shoulder,arm cause for all those injuries i see the same animation of a stretcher being brought in.
Stadium creator will be a big plus. Like WWEs ring creation.
When it comes to creating faces. Please gives us more options. More hairstyles, more beards, better body morphing, tattoos? More accessories. Look at those options in WWE latest game. We have 3 layers of facial hair. Mustache, goatee, sideburns. Extraordinary.

Shales

PES 2018 Suggestions

2K games have nailed their creator tools. Both NBA and WWE have brilliant options. In the survey Konami recently put out, they did have import faces are as a feature to vote for. We used to have in for PS3, so I can this being added one day.

The only downside would be the limit that Konami put on the imported images. I don't think we're crying out for loads and loads. PES 2017 is rich with faces. I can invisage problems with importing OFs, especially if you're sourcing from a variety of creators. But I suppose I welcome the problem.

KPSNV
Super Sub
Super Sub

PES 2018 Suggestions

Post by KPSNV » 5 months ago

Shales wrote:
5 months ago

More than anything though I want to get rid of silly regenerated players! It's been the same since PS2!!! Again, PESCM has a youth team setup that you need to develop/Invest in, to upgrade. Perfect and simple. It even has random generated players in it. No more 16 yr old Pirlo's who look 40 years old!

This will do for starters. I am sure I can quickly build on this.
One thousand percent THIS! I picked up a copy of PES 2017 (my first in a few years) and was astonished to see this is still happening! How difficult would it be to get a bunch of surnames from each county, and just randomly generate them every year!? It really breaks the immersion having a youth team that all looked like they all just had paper rounds in hell. After 3 seasons, the game is littered with 16-year old Francesco Totti, Gianluigi Buffon, Zlatan Ibrahimovic etc - and I find it difficul to play past that point. Never mind the fact that some of them are the most recognisable names/faces in world football! Youth squads were much better executed 2 CONSOLES AGO! I just don't understand why Konami always seem to take these huge steps back.

The other noticeable thing for me is the transfer budgets. Started a master league with my flatmate, in our second season, we won the treble (Prem league, FA cup and Champions League), the following year, we finished 2nd in the league and won both cups again, yet the bonus you get to strengthen your squad is totally ridiculous, think we got 2 million or something! The only way to sign new players is by selling your existing ones.

Although, knowing Konami, I wouldn't expect they'll do anything about any of these issues, it'd also be nice to see snow return.

Now that OF sharing is so easy, I'd rather see them forget trying to compete with FIFA for licenses (which they never will) and instead just focus on fixing gameplay/menus etc. And add more league slots so we can add more leagues for each continent.

Harienun
Amateur
Amateur

PES 2018 Suggestions

True enough, they should stop focusing about getting the licenses. Cz we're managing to get them through option files. They will have to try to give us more options to edit. Example face scans as pointed out by @Shales. So we can create plenty of faces for ourselves.

Even kit types like tech fit kits which is already in the game for teams like Arsenal, Dortmund, Napoli, Sao Paulo, Santos, Torino etc. Needs to be an option to select for us as individually or team wise for others as well.

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

PES 2018 Suggestions

Post by Mike » 5 months ago

KPSNV wrote:
5 months ago
How difficult would it be to get a bunch of surnames from each county, and just randomly generate them every year!?
I hope you meant country? 😉

Seriously though, Konami could even invite fans to submit their own surnames, and 100 (just an example) could be picked for each region. Player development and stats could be the same as Buffon, Ibra, Totti, and co. but obviously appearances and names would reset.
KPSNV wrote:
5 months ago
Although, knowing Konami, I wouldn't expect they'll do anything about any of these issues, it'd also be nice to see snow return.
Since Fox Engine was introduced, I really thought snow would've been added by now...
Harienun wrote:
5 months ago
Even kit types like tech fit kits which is already in the game for teams like Arsenal, Dortmund, Napoli, Sao Paulo, Santos, Torino etc. Needs to be an option to select for us as individually or team wise for others as well.
Small features are what makes Edit mode so great!

Even adding an option to update a player's boots each time a new Data Pack is released. For example, set Mahmoud Dahoud's boot style to Adidas ACE - Auto Update; much easier when creating players from scratch, as well as editing existing players who have fake boots by default - of which there are many! 😩
✅ 🐦 💟

Harienun
Amateur
Amateur

PES 2018 Suggestions

Yes exactly! What do you all think about PES faces?

The new scanned ones (Barca, BVB, Liverpool) faces are too good. Suoerb! Wanna see more of them.
Even the other faces in datapack 3 looked awesome. Expecting more faces this year.

I also feel that PES player models should be a bit skinny and lean. I think they look too muscular and plump. Any thoughts on this?

Shales

PES 2018 Suggestions

Harienun wrote:
5 months ago
Any thoughts on this?
I am not too bothered about the models we have. But the huge hooped/ballooned shorts have to go next year. It looks utterly ridiculous.

Like mentioned above though, I'd like to see body morphing tools in the editor. Or at least just more flexibility with the current style body editing. Like all the individual editor parts, we just need about 25% more options in all areas. Beards, Hair etc.

I think I tweeted this out a week ago; PES 5 had nearly 300 varieties of hair under "Special Hairstyles". There are only about 20 in PES 2017. Same goes for Facial hair. There was 99 Facial Hair options in PES 5, We have 12 in PES 2017. ( now I know in PES 5 sometimes the same beard was used but with varying thickness, but still.....)

Harienun
Amateur
Amateur

PES 2018 Suggestions

Shales wrote:
5 months ago
Harienun wrote:
5 months ago
Any thoughts on this?
I think I tweeted this out a week ago; PES 5 had nearly 300 varieties of hair under "Special Hairstyles". There are only about 20 in PES 2017. Same goes for Facial hair. There was 99 Facial Hair options in PES 5, We have 12 in PES 2017. ( now I know in PES 5 sometimes the same beard was used but with varying thickness, but still.....)
If that's the case what a mighty downgrade for us. Hope this will be sorted in the next game. Please add more hair and beards Konami. Its vital for customization of players as im sick of the current generics.

Shales

PES 2018 Suggestions

Harienun wrote:
5 months ago
Shales wrote:
5 months ago
Harienun wrote:
5 months ago
Any thoughts on this?
If that's the case what a mighty downgrade for us. Hope this will be sorted in the next game. Please add more hair and beards Konami. Its vital for customization of players as im sick of the current generics.
It's such a shame that the "in game" editor tools have declined with the growth of the preset player standards. Losing little bits, like not being to base copy a preset player and change the hair, was a big blow this year. 🙁

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

PES 2018 Suggestions

Post by Mike » 5 months ago

Harienun wrote:
5 months ago
Yes exactly! What do you all think about PES faces?

The new scanned ones (Barca, BVB, Liverpool) faces are too good. Suoerb! Wanna see more of them.
Even the other faces in datapack 3 looked awesome. Expecting more faces this year.
I'm a total sucker for PES faces. Just a few players that I hope get sorted for PES 2018: Arter, Barton, Calleri, Cork, Emi Martínez, Gestede, Josh King, Kouyaté, Maitland-Niles, Obiang, Robles, Romeu, Sanogo ( ;) ), Ward-Prowse, and Chris Willock.
Harienun wrote:
5 months ago
I also feel that PES player models should be a bit skinny and lean. I think they look too muscular and plump. Any thoughts on this?
Some players really need work. One that springs to mind is David Stockdale (Brighton) who, because of his appearance settings, literally has no neck!
✅ 🐦 💟

Harienun
Amateur
Amateur

PES 2018 Suggestions

Mike wrote:
5 months ago
Some players really need work. One that springs to mind is David Stockdale (Brighton) who, because of his appearance settings, literally has no neck!
Oh Yeah! True enough! I had to do some changes for Ronaldos body. Check out my current one

Harienun
Amateur
Amateur

PES 2018 Suggestions

I'm planning to post some improvements which i believe that needs to be tweaked in PES 2018. Please comment and let me know your thoughts guys.

VISUAL IMPROVEMENTS

Player models needs to be tweaked.
Current PES player models are fat, plump and short. The shirt looks so big and shorts also. Legs needs to be a bit longer. EA player models in Fifa 17 looks good for me. See below comparison photos.