PES 2018 Discussion, News + Videos

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

PES 2018 Discussion, News + Videos

Post by Mike » 7 months ago

“Where Legends Are Made”
Featuring its biggest advances in over a decade, KONAMI looks to cement PES 2018's reputation as the definitive football title.

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. will release PES 2018, the latest edition of its highly regarded football series on September 14th, 2017. The publisher has also pledged that the new game aims high and will unveil a wide-range of improvements to award-winning series.

Having established the PES series as the most realistic and intuitive football title for home systems, KONAMI has set its stall early with an extensive range of new elements that build upon the previously laid foundations. Centred on the concept that PES 2018 is “Where Legends are Made”, the new game hits the floor running with new features, new ways to play, a PC version to the standard of the leading console iterations, and an unrivalled gameplay experience.

PES 2018 features more new additions than any other PES title in the last 10 years, and no part of the game has been left untouched. At its heart remains the famed gameplay where users enjoy complete control over the on-field action, using players that behave, move and react just like their real-life counterparts. New additions to the control systems add more fluidity to the game, while a new user interface makes accessing the many facets of PES 2018 a simpler process.

Control is everything in a football game, and PES 2018 retains the immediacy and total control the series is famed for alongside new refinements that hone its authenticity. Matches are played at a more realistic pace, while a new strategic dribbling system offers greater close control, including contextual shielding to protect the ball. Similarly, simple movements of the control stick can be used to initiate shimmies designed to wrong-foot defenders. KONAMI has also implemented a REAL Touch + process, wherein players will react to receiving a ball using permissible parts of the body, such as chest, head and legs to bring a pass under control dependent on the height and pace of the incoming ball. All set piece routines have also been totally reworked, notably the way penalty kicks are taken and a one-player kick off routine as well.

PES 2018’s visual acuity has also improved. A new REAL Capture system provides true-to-life lighting across day and night games, while over 20,000 components have been faithfully recreated to recreate the turf, tunnels, and the surrounding areas of stadia such as Camp Nou and Signal Iduna Park. The individuality of how players move, shape to shoot and make passes is also closer to real life, with KONAMI motion-capturing players within realistic environments in a complete overhaul of the in-game animation system. Core movements such as walking, turning, and posture have been reworked also, while the player models now have greater variety, with attention paid to the way kits fit differing physiques. KONAMI’s agreements with partner teams will also see tattoos recreated on players as well.

With the renowned gameplay and visuals upped in every respect, PES 2018 also allows more ways for people to enjoy the match day experience. Full 11-Vs-11 online options and the eternally popular myClub challenge where players build a team from scratch, are joined by co-operative 2-Vs-2 and 3-Vs-3 modes with support for local guests. The much-requested ‘Random Selection’ match returns with all new content, while the Master League implements pre-season tournaments, a new transfer system and pre-match interviews and an insight to the changing rooms.

The continuing success of the PES series as an eSport staple has also been reflected with the PES LEAGUE fully integrated into the main game. With 16 of the world’s greatest PES players set to gather ahead of June’s UEFA Champions League final to compete for a $200,000 prize, PES 2018 will allow for easy entry to next year’s competition, and add related PES LEAGUE modes surrounding myClub, Online Co-Operative matches and the Random Selection matches.

PES 2018 is a title that finds the series at the very top of its game,” commented Masami Saso, President of Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. “It is a game that builds on the foundations of the resurgent series and has taken on board requests from our growing fan base. It is also a game with an eye on the future. As eSports continue to develop as a worldwide force, PES 2018’s inclusion of a dedicated PES LEAGUE mode removes any barrier to entry to die-hard fans and newcomers alike. KONAMI is committed to breaking new ground with the PES series, and PES 2018 sees us enter the field more confident and determined to excel than ever.

PES 2018 will be released for PlayStation®4, Xbox One™, PlayStation®3 and Xbox360™. The game will also be available via Steam in a version that has undergone substantial improvements in terms of aesthetics and content, ensuring the game enjoys parity with the current gen formats. Pre-order the digital FC Barcelona Special Edition on PlayStation®4, Xbox One™ or Steam now and receive additional content at launch: including 1,000 myClub coins and 5 myClub player agents – guaranteeing a top UEFA Champions League player, as well as a top club and LEGEND player from FC Barcelona, will be added to your winning eleven!

✅ 🐦 💟

Harienun
Amateur
Amateur

PES 2018 Suggestions

Post by Harienun » 7 months ago

Teaser blowed me away. Adam Bhatti revealed some info as well. Can't wait guys.

[mod=]Post moved from PES 2018 Suggestions[/mod]

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by Mike » 7 months ago

Harienun wrote:
7 months ago
Teaser blowed me away. Adam Bhatti revealed some info as well. Can't wait guys.
I'm so happy Random Selection Match is back. 😍

Really looking forward to getting my mates round and playing matches such as Europe vs South America, Ligue 1 vs Serie A and Premier League North vs Premier League South - the possibilities really are endless!
✅ 🐦 💟

Missingno1990
Super Sub
Super Sub
Supports: Rangers

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by Missingno1990 » 7 months ago

Finally remembered what email I signed up with!!!

I'm really looking forward to the PC version this year. Finally back up to snuff, native 4K support and most likely easier to find a quick option file for.

Now time for months of speculation. ;)

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by Shales » 7 months ago

I'm eager to see what the new free kick system is. I'd be happy with just going back to the old style, pre PES 2014 but we might get something new.

A personal thing I pick up from today was Mesut Ozil tweeting about PES2018. So he's still an ambassador then, I would assume. Meaning I hope thy makes Arsenal still licensed. Partnered would be even better.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

MotherHen
Regular
Regular
Supports: Liverpool

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by MotherHen » 7 months ago

Saw a comment about real player photos on the game plan... Surely that wouldn't be for every player?!

I hope the whole game play in reworked anyway. I hate the way long names have to scroll and some are covered up by players heads.
"Establishing Communications"

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 6 months ago

MotherHen wrote:
7 months ago
Saw a comment about real player photos on the game plan... Surely that wouldn't be for every player?!

I hope the whole game play in reworked anyway. I hate the way long names have to scroll and some are covered up by players heads.
I would assume it would be everyone who is licenced with the option of adding photos via option files for the rest. If that's the case though they will seriously have to up the image limits! Would be fantastic though!

As to the announcement, it all sounds fantastic. Basically taking this year's game which is superb and adding to it. No complaints from me! Some information on edit mode and online would be nice next. Looking forward to some game play trailers though! Random match will be nice but some info about improved connectivity in myclub would be nice and seeing what updates they have added to ml. I played 2017 these last few days against a friend online in the En lobbies and it ran perfectly. Hopefully we can have something similar for myclub!
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by Mike » 6 months ago

MotherHen wrote:
7 months ago
Like [mention]ukexplicit1984[/mention] suggests, most players should have their own, but some - unlicensed players for example - will most likely have the generic, greyed-out icon (👤) we saw in PES 2017.

I'm not so sure if we'll be allowed to import our own player face icons, however, even a 👤 for created/fake players is a step in the right direction.
✅ 🐦 💟

MotherHen
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by MotherHen » 6 months ago

Well, people always complain that Bhatti and Konami don't listen to the fans but, i believe the return of the random team selection mode shows that is wrong.

I think the game will be fantastic as every game has improved (IMO) since 2015. I just pray we don't get crippled on teams & stadiums.
"Establishing Communications"

Shales
Supports: Arsenal

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by Shales » 6 months ago

MotherHen wrote:
6 months ago
Well, people always complain that Bhatti and Konami don't listen to the fans but, i believe the return of the random team selection mode shows that is wrong.

I think the game will be fantastic as every game has improved (IMO) since 2015. I just pray we don't get crippled on teams & stadiums.
Absolutely. You got a sense from the Survey this year that they are listening to the fans. True, they hoped to bring in 2v2 last year, but who really cares about that now.

Stadium Editor would be a nice return. That was also mentioned in the survey. They will not have time to implement everything but I'd say the is a chance of it returning.
XBL: SKULLxBURGER
PSN: SKULL_BURGER
Twitter (I only tweet about PES): PES_DNA

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES 2018 Announced!

MotherHen wrote:
6 months ago
Ideally, the extra income made via myClub will help encourage Konami to invest more into licenses.
✅ 🐦 💟

ukexplicit1984
Regular
Regular

PES 2018 Announced!

Post by ukexplicit1984 » 6 months ago

The licences aren't too much of an issue if they open up some extra fake leagues and let the editors do their thing. And also find a way to stop live updates screwing with our changes! I would take a fully fake lineup with a seriously robust editing suite any day! If they could also find a way for the xbox one people to get this stuff then that would be nice too as my friend gets a tad jealous when we play on my ps4 :)
PS4 ukexplicit1984 - Add me for PES games :)

Mike
Founder
Founder

PES 2018 Announced!

ukexplicit1984 wrote:
6 months ago
The licences aren't too much of an issue if they open up some extra fake leagues and let the editors do their thing.
Licenses (not only teams but also stadiums) are vital for everyone - even more so for those on Xbox One where the editing options are limited, as well as the casual gamers who genuinely don't know how - or are even too lazy - to install an option file.

Also, don't forget about us option file editors. It's quite simple: the more players and teams that are in-game by default = the less daunting our workload becomes... albeit slightly! 😆
✅ 🐦 💟

Lildogfarts
Beginner
Beginner

pes 2018

Post by Lildogfarts » 6 months ago

who would like to see konami focusing on the academy side of your club for 18

Mike
Founder
Founder

pes 2018

Lildogfarts wrote:
6 months ago
who would like to see konami focusing on the academy side of your club for 18
Scouting / Youth Team on PES 2017 is very basic, so I'm hoping to see significant improvements for PES 2018.

For example, it'd be great if your scouts could recommend academy players to throw into a first-team match - you could even ask them for the best candidate, perhaps based on overall rating, position or even a combination of individual attributes such as pace, strength and tackling.

What we see on FM should be the target, or if we're talking short-term, FIFA's Career Mode.
✅ 🐦 💟